CHAPTER 16

Perfectly Dangerous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Person POV

 

The two reached the mall in no time. Jongin was still shocked and quiet the whole time, whether or not he would ask Seulgi the matter that the latter just created earlier.

 

 

 

Even Seulgi, her original plan was now shattered. She's just aiming to buy clothes for her twin but she's now thinking whether or not she should consider buying an engagement ring.

 

 

 

If not for those three old ladies. Seulgi thought.


 

 

 

"Seulgi, where are we going first?" Jongin bravely striked up a conversation.

 

 


 

"We need rings." She blurted out.

 

 

 

 

"It's not for our fake setup, right?" Jongin laughed nervously even though he already felt like the answer was contrary to what he's expecting.

 

 

 

 

"It is, and we should hurry. Those three ladies look like they're gonna camp outside our gate."

 

 

 

 

It was the first time in two years that Seulgi ever stepped out of the gigantic mansion. Every operation of the Artemis she's just in the premise of the house. Not wanting to leave Taeyong alone. She'll draft out their plan and she'll just order the others by the use of the ear piece.

 

 

 

 

She'll do the transaction by means of conversing over the phone, then she'll just send either Johnny or Jaehyun in their disguise to meet the person for the payment.

 

 

 

 

It's the first time, since she let herself be surrounded by this large crowd.

 

 

 

 

As for Jongin, it was his first time too. First time to be alone together with the Artemis's Queen. First time to discover the other side of Seulgi. First time ever experiencing the friendly side of her. Also, it was the first time to have a light conversation with Seulgi without reminding him of being dead in a public place.

 

 

 


 

She's still the Queen of the infamous vigilantes right?

 

The one who once tried to get me killed?

 

 

 


 

"Here ma'am." The saleslady of the jewelry store showed us a different pair of diamond rings. It was shining every time the light reflected on it.

 

 

 

 

"Jongin, What do you think?" Seulgi turned to Jongin as she gave him a curious look. Her eyebrows were lifted and parted a little.

 

 

 

 

Unbeknownst to Jongin, if only not for the snickering of the saleslady, Seulgi wouldn't turn to him like that.

 

 

 

 

Why does this store only have female employees?

 

 

 

Seulgi thought as she roamed her eyes around the corner of the store. She even caught two female employees looking directly at Jongin, even having their own conversation.

 

 

 

 

"It's kinda expensive." Jongin moved his face closer to Seulgi's ears as he contemplated whether or not they should purchase a ring that costs million of dollars just for a fake show.

 

 

 

 

Not knowing that inches apart of their faces startled Seulgi as it was unexpected for her part. She just plastered a sweet smile as she heard some annoyed grunt from the saleslady not far from their place before moving closer to Jongin's ear to give her reply. "Jongin, Do I look poor to you?"

 

 

 

 

"It's not what I meant, I mean really, just for show?.. We can just say that we don't wear our rings--"

 

 

 

 

"It'll be more believable. Ugh, let's just start choosing okay?" Seulgi gave him a one last glance, or rather, a one last annoyed glare before turning to the rings lined up on the table.

 

 

 

 

Jongin gave up as he just heaved a sigh before examining the prices again.

 

 

 

 

Who am I even kidding? Of course, Seulgi can afford these rings.

 

 

 

 

Jongin wasn't the type of rich guy who made money from doing illegal things. He's just a middle type of guy, his earnings from doing illegal business was just enough from sustaining his everyday life. Renting an apartment in a class A building, everyday food, everyday transportation because he seldom uses his car for the reason of fuel price hike.

 

 

 

 

His savings was just equivalent to the prices of these rings and that specific money was for his future 5 years.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter