Chapter 09: A Walk to the Past

별을 따다 - Pick A Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You have three free days next week starting from Wednesday till Friday then you come back Saturday morning for a meeting with the CEO about a movie offer since you backed out of the last one.” Woohyun recited the schedule from the top of his head while watching Sungyeol roll on his bed. “Today you only have one schedule which is a press conference for the movie you just starred in. That’s in about three hours more so you’re free until then.”

Sungyeol nodded and continued rolling on his bed.

“You’re leaving for Sungjong’s tonight?” Woohyun asked as he plopped down on Sungyeol’s legs to stop him. “I see that you’ve packed your stuff so I’m guessing you’re staying there for the whole 3 days?”

Sungyeol shook his head and tried squirming out of Woohyun but failed.

“Where are you going then?” Woohyun narrowed his eyes, “You aren’t allowed to go anywhere that could cause unwanted rumours do you hear me? If one scandal breaks out, I’ll personally break your neck.”

“I’ll be staying at Sungjong’s but Myungsoo’s mom made me promise to sleep over at least one night so I’m going there on Thursday night.” Sungyeol finally answered as he sat up and pushed his manager off his legs to the bed, “Now, stop babying me and go bother someone else.”

Woohyun narrowed his eyes even more.

The tall boy sighed, “I promise I won’t cause any scandals while I’m there but I’m going out with Myungsoo so I can’t promise no paparazzi pictures.”

“That’s fine, I guess.” Woohyun shrugged, “Just don’t cause any trouble and we’ll be fine.”

“Yes, sir!”

*      *      *

A heavy weight immediately jumped onto Sungyeol that caused him to drop all his belongings on the hallway without even closing the door. After a few tight hug and punches, the tall boy managed to untangle himself from the weight that latched on him to put him down. Sungjong grinned and closed the door before leading his brother towards the couch.

“Sorry, hyung.” Sungjong giggled as he sat, “The last time you were here I was half-asleep and didn’t manage to greet you. So you’re spending your vacation here with me?”

Nodding, Sungyeol dropped all his things on the floor. He’d just pick that up later. “Not all day. I promised Myungsoo’s mom that I’d visit there. Myungsoo’s also coming here too. I’m guessing he always come here anyway so you’re not going to question that, right?”

Sungjong watched his brother’s face. If there was any hint of pain, he was now very good at hiding them. All he could see was the obvious anxiousness and restless on his brother’s face which couldn’t be blamed all on Myungsoo’s presence. Sungyeol had changed in the last three years and Sungjong isn’t sure if it’s something he should be proud of or be worried about.

“Don’t say anything, Jong.” Sungyeol warned him, probably noticing Sungjong’s wary stare, “Tomorrow, you pretend—we pretend like we’re in the old days before I confessed. Promise me, Jong. Promise me you’re going to follow. Promise me that you won’t make this any harder than it already is.”

With Sungyeol almost begging like that, who is he to disagree?

Sungjong took a deep breath before answering, “I promise hyung.”

*     *     *

Day 1 – Wednesday

“We graduated from this school…” Sungyeol gestured to the whole building with classrooms filled with students listening to their teachers. It was a good thing that there were classes on going so not much students were littering outside thus the slighter possibility that they would be mobbed by girls who could realize who Sungyeol was. “You were a good student most of the time.”

Myungsoo nodded, trying to peek inside of the classrooms. “I heard that too and that you always sleep during class.”

Sungyeol nodded, of course Sungjong wouldn’t leave out that piece of information. “Come on, I saw that Ms. Jung has no class right now so she’s probably in the Library. She’s our History teacher and knows you for your talent in raising your hand before she even asked the question.”

“And she knows you because you’re the one always asleep?” Myungsoo filled in with a grin.

Sungyeol didn’t answer but chuckled instead and it was enough of a confirmation on the other boy’s eyes. They walked down the hallway to a corner that only had one door with a label saying Library. Without knocking, Sungyeol opened the door and lead them in quietly.

“Students are supposed to be—Sungyeol and Myungsoo, is that the two of you?” It was their former teacher Ms. Jung who was seated on the librarian’s desk with huge eyes and a bright smile. “Oh my, it is you! Sungyeol’s grown taller and Myungsoo’s still better-looking!”

They both gave her a hug before Sungyeol spoke.

“Myungsoo and I came here to visit the school. Are you the new appointed librarian?” Sungyeol asked as he scrunched his nose as if remembering a foul memory, “Did Mrs. Ahn get sacked already?”

Ms. Jung nodded and pointed to the title on her desk, “I replaced her a year ago. It’s so good to see old students visit us, especially a famous student who used to sleep during class but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter