Chapter 11: Myungsoo's *cough* Realization

별을 따다 - Pick A Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Myungsoo was very confused.

Sungjong had told him numerous stories about a boy named Sungyeol. The way the other boy told him, it was as if he and this Sungyeol were inseparable. Wouldn’t everyone want that kind of friendship? So he counted the days until he would be able to meet said boy. It was exciting.

Myungsoo’s worlds centred on trying to recover from his accident to listening to Sungjong fill the gaps of his life. Sometimes, his Mom would drop by too and she would tell him stories of his younger self, these stories included the guy Sungyeol as well. To say he was even more excited to meet him was an understatement, he was positively glowing.

Sometimes, when Sungjong tells him of his stories, he could hear a faint notice of hurt. The way he and this guy interacted seemed far more than what normal friends should be to each other. Were they more? He couldn’t wait to find out.

*     *     *

Today, Myungsoo met Yerim. She was beautiful.

Whenever she was in the hospital, she would never miss the opportunity to meet with him. It was very refreshing to talk to someone and not have to worry about if what you’re doing is what you should be doing. He has been listening to stories of how his past self was that he’s insecure. What if he won’t be that person anymore? Would they still love him?

Yerim was different. She didn’t know of the old Myungsoo and therefore doesn’t expect him to be anyone but the Myungsoo he is now. Soon, he starts to crave her presence in his room.

So when he got discharged, the first thing he did was ask her out on a date. By some miracle, she agreed to it.

*      *      *

The first time Myungsoo met Sungyeol—or the second first time, this is quite confusing—he was awed. There was this distinct glow the boy had, as if the world revolved around him—as if Myungsoo’s world should revolve around him, it was calling him.

Myungsoo wanted, no, needed to get to know Sungyeol. It was obvious that something had happened between them, something Myungsoo knew was making Sungyeol conscious of his presence. However, it didn’t stop him to want to meet him. Everyone loves Sungyeol, he was a famous actor after all, but Myungsoo seem to want to love him more than that.

On what exactly, he wasn’t quite sure.

*      *      *

“Myungsoo, I think you should stop.” Myungsoo’s heart stopped beating as soon as he heard those words.

Slowly, he turned around and hoped he had just misunderstood the other boy. “Stop what?”

“Stop trying to remember me. Stop trying to remember our friendship. Whatever we had in the past was just a thing of the past… it’s been three years and I feel like I don’t know you anymore. And you don’t know me,” Myungsoo watched as Sungyeol bit his lip while watching him warily, “Kim Myungsoo was my best friend because he knows me far better than I know myself. You’re not him.”

“What are… you saying?” It was painful because everything the other boy said was true.

“I’m saying we should stop seeing each other.” Myungsoo’s heart gave a flow when Sungyeol gave him a half smile, “We can be just acquaintances through Yerim. I’m her friend and you’re her boyfriend. Hurt my friend and I’ll kick your kind of r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter