Chapter 08: Don't be Strangers

별을 따다 - Pick A Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There are only a few times that Sungyeol hates Woohyun’s company and this was probably one of those. Not that he hates seeing Woohyun happy and all cuddly with Sunggyu but, really, aren’t they supposed to be having some kind of meeting? It turned out that meeting also meant introduce my boyfriend to you because that was exactly how he felt this was. Countless of times, Sungyeol planned to run away but Yerim messaged him earlier that they’d be dropping by on the restaurant so he cancelled all those thoughts and stayed.

“Do you want more drink, Sungyeol?” Sunggyu offered the bottle of wine and the tall boy would’ve refused but Woohyun looked like he would murder him if he did so he nodded. “Oh don’t mind Woohyun, I’m not going to fire you just because you refused.”

Sungyeol smiled weakly, hating how Sunggyu gave Woohyun that knowing look.

“I didn’t do anything!” Woohyun immediately protested but failed and ended up laughing. “Yeah, okay. I’m sorry, Sungyeol.”

Sungyeol was bored to pieces. It really wasn’t that Sunggyu was boring to listen to; he has interesting things to tell. However, with Woohyun on the table, it looks like Sunggyu’s attention focuses only on his manager and no one else matters.

Love, Sungyeol sighs.

At quarter before eight, a waiter approached their table and informed them that Yerim and his boyfriend were asking for their table. This perked Sungyeol up as Sunggyu instructed the waiter to bring his sister to their table.

“I’m sure you’ve already met Yerim,” Sunggyu nodded at Sungyeol, “She’s with L. I hope you don’t mind them joining us.”

Woohyun laughed even before Sungyeol could reply. “Oh Sungyeol wouldn’t mind. Yerim and he had been inseparable since they met, they’d be planning world domination next if we aren’t careful of them.”

“First stop,” Sungyeol sneered at Woohyun, “Get rid of this bastard.”

Realizing said bastard’s boyfriend (and his boss) was on the same table, Sungyeol was about to apologize but Sunggyu waved him off.

“It’s fine. I know Woohyun is such a pain in the .” Sunggyu chuckled.

“Oh?” Woohyun purred, “Am I such a pain in your ?”

Sungyeol was about to vomit when Sunggyu immediately flushed, innuendo leaking all over the conversation. Thankfully the waiter approached them with Yerim on tow and Sungyeol found someone who can sympathize with him.

“Yerim! Save me from these—“ Sungyeol stood up to greet her but froze on his feet when he saw who was behind her.

“Oppa! Stop torturing Sungyeol oppa!” Yerim giggled as she hit his brother lightly on his shoulders, “Good evening, Sungyeol oppa. I would like to introduce you to my boyfriend, he’s—“

“Lee Sungyeol?” Myungsoo piped in as he jumped and wrapped his arms around the frozen boy, “What a coincidence!”

Everyone blinked at the two of them, thankful they were in a hidden alcove in the restaurant so the public wouldn’t be able to witness this. It was Sunggyu who first recovered.

“The two of you know each other?” Sunggyu asked as Myungsoo let go of his hug but still had one hand on Sungyeol’s shoulders.

“Yeah, we’ve been best friends since we were kids.” Myungsoo grinned and nudged Sungyeol, “Right, Yeol?”

Sungyeol who was too surprised merely nodded in agreement.

“Well that’s terrific!” Yerim clapped her hands, “There would be no formalities then! Such a small world this is.”

Sungyeol groaned inwardly. A small world indeed.

*      *      *

It was raining, tiny droplets of water cascading on Sungyeol’s face but he doesn’t care. All he could think was that he needed to be alone. Hiding on the roof of his and Sungjong’s house was quite stupid but it was dark, everybody was asleep and Sungj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter