Chapter 01: Best friends not Boyfriends

별을 따다 - Pick A Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As soon as the school bell rang, everyone screamed in happiness. It was one hell of a long day in school and they’d rather be out with their friends than inside and killing their brain cells. School was especially more demanding for the seniors who would be graduating this coming end of the school year.

“Hey,” Myungsoo kicked the leg of Sungyeol’s chair that startled the other boy, “School’s out. Did you just sleep all throughout History? You know Ms. Jung has her eyes on you, right?”

The other boy snorted as he stretched his arms, waving to the few people who bade him good bye before facing his best friend. A grin formed in his lips when he saw the concern etched on his friend’s face, it was always nice to know that somebody cared for him.

“Stop looking at me and clean up,” Myungsoo sighed as he stood up and raised an eyebrow, “Did you or did you not forget that Sungjong said he wanted us home as soon as possible else we’d be the one cooking for tonight?”

Sungyeol stopped for a second before gasping in realization, Sungjong really did threaten him with that! Myungsoo laughed when he saw the panicked look in his friend’s eyes who was hurriedly stuffing all his books in his bag (and probably crumpling some of them in the process) before standing up and grabbing his hand to dash out.

“Are you that afraid to cook?!” Myungsoo teased as he held tight on Sungyeol’s hand, weaving through the throng of students hanging outside their lockers, “You know I could cook instead of Sungjong, right?”

Sungyeol snorted and even if his back was to his friend, he knew Myungsoo knew that he did. “Your cooking is just as worse as mine!” And he screamed a glee of joy when they conquered the hallway and got out, ready to run home.

“Come on; let’s make sure we get home first before Sungjong does.” Myungsoo called as he started running, not giving a signal because he knew Sungyeol would follow suit immediately. “Last one there would do the dishes by themselves!”

It was Myungsoo who got there first by only a split second because no matter how long Sungyeol’s limbs were, he always have a hard time trying to control them which ends up with him almost tumbling over. Due to only a split second difference, he demanded that they both do the dishes and they argued all the way inside.

“Well that was fast,” Sungjong glared at the two of them with a spatula in hand, “You’re late my 3mins, and did Sungyeol hyung end up sleeping at his last subject again?”

Sungyeol returned the glare at his younger brother while Myungsoo nodded in confirmation. Thinking he was betrayed, the taller boy pinched Myungsoo’s side who yelped in pain. Soon, the two of them were a mess on the floor, pinching each other and ignoring Sungjong’s presence that was too used to this and had gone inside the kitchen minutes ago.

“Your mom’s still at her business outing?” Sungyeol asked a little while later when he had changed into shirt and shorts, throwing Myungsoo a pair as well and seating on the floor. He heard the open and close of the bathroom door; the other boy had gone to change.

“She says she’d be back by next week,” Myungsoo answered as soon as he got back with his uniform in hand, “Did you throw your uniform in the laundry? I’ll throw mine in there too.” He walked towards the other room without waiting for an answer.

“Make sure you don’t get Sungjong’s clothes mixed with ours!” Sungyeol called in caution as he checked, “You know how he hates getting his clothes come in touch with ours.”

After throwing in soap and putting it on timer, Myungsoo went back to where Sungyeol was sprawled on the floor, staring at the ceiling. He sat back down too then laid his head on his friend’s stomach.

“Thanks for having me again for the nth time,” Myungsoo said, “I’m sleeping over tonight again.”

Sungyeol snorted, “You practically live here, Soo.”

“I know,” Myungsoo sighed and chuckled, “You and Sungjong should just take up my Mom’s offer on us living tog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter