Chapter 03: So Soon

별을 따다 - Pick A Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nothing changed; it wasn’t like Sungyeol was expecting anything to change at all because he knew that how he and Myungsoo acted before was already like dating—minus the kisses, of course. So, nothing changed except that now, he could lean over and Myungsoo would gladly peck his lips and smile before returning to what he was doing.

“I don’t want to study anymore!” Sungyeol whined and rolled over the floor to Myungsoo’s lap then gave him the best kicked puppy look he could muster, “Come on, Myungsoo, let’s go out and play? The exams are still weeks away, I’m tired of staring at books!”

Myungsoo sighed, put down his book, kissed him on his forehead and then picked up the book again. “Yeol, the exam is just two weeks away. Once we finish these, we could play out as much as we want. Right now, all I want is to finish these lectures and get this over with. I have an exam for College next weekend too.”

“Oh right,” Sungyeol snorted before pushing himself up to sit to open his books again, “I forgot you’re going to College.”

“Aren’t you, too?” Myungsoo raised an eyebrow at him.

Hesitation filled Sungyeol but before his mind could make up a plausible excuse, Sungjong came in and called them for dinner with a threat of body harm that includes the spatula and a hot pan if they don’t come down in 5 seconds. Happy for the distraction, Sungyeol jumped up and ran down.

“Myungsoo gets to be the fried dish tonight!” Sungyeol screamed that snapped his boyfriend out of whatever he was thinking.

Myungsoo was just halfway down the stairs when he was greeted by Sungjong’s daunting appearance, “That’s unfair! You saw how Yeol didn’t call for me!”

Sungyeol laughed as Myungsoo groaned in pain.

*     *      *

“What’s the problem, hyung?” Sungjong stood beside Sungyeol on the balcony once Myungsoo went back to his house, “It can’t be because of Myungsoo hyung ‘cause you were just making out on the couch before he left.”

Sungyeol snorted and tried to punch his brother but the latter was faster than he was, “Of course not. However, he is part of it. Somehow.”

“What is it?”

“Jongie, do you think Myungsoo likes me?” Sungyeol asked out of nowhere and was replied with a frown from his brother, “Come on, Jong. Answer me and quit glaring, it’s scary.”

Sungjong sighed and punched his brother’s arm, “Seriously, the both of you are such idiots. Yes, I think he likes you but he’s not quite sure yet how much he does. Why are you asking this suddenly? Is there anything wrong with your relationship?”

Sungyeol shook his head, “No, there’s something wrong with me, though.”

His brother just raised an eyebrow.

“An acting school in Japan offered me a scholarship to train in acting for 2 years then act for one year before they send me back here in Korea.” Sungyeol produced the letter he received a little over a few months ago and handed it to his brother, “You know about this already, I reckon. But I never did tell you how much I want to go.”

Sungjong nodded because he had indeed read the letter and knew of the contents, “It’s your dream, to become an actor so what’s stopping you?”

“A lot o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter