Chapter 05: Puddles of the Truth

별을 따다 - Pick A Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You know, you’re lucky to even get a night out.” Woohyun informed him with raised eyebrows as they entered the van, “Other artists are just dying to get a night off to eat with their family but you, here’s the night out and you’re whining. Are you even human, Lee Sungyeol?”

Sungyeol raised an eyebrow in answer, “I am very suspicious of this night off, Nam Woohyun…”

Rolling his eyes, Woohyun snorted, “No, you’re just paranoid. Sungjong’s totally going to strangle you if he gets his hands on you. It’s been a month since you came here in Korea and all he got were phone calls.”

Sungyeol knew Woohyun was stating the truth because he was the one who made sure he had schedules all nights for the past one month. It was all he could do to stall the time and the inevitable to meet with his brother which also translates to meeting with… well… Kim Myungsoo. And that, sadly, was the one thing he wasn’t ready to do at all. Not now and probably not ever. However, the days of stalling are over because once Woohyun decided on a night off, Sungjong would be the first one to be given notice of it.

“And you’re not coming with me to see hell?” Sungyeol asked.

“Nope.” Woohyun answered rather cheerfully.

Sungyeol turned his eyes to slits then groaned in realization. How could he have forgotten?

“So you remember, huh?” Woohyun asked.

“Yes,” Sungyeol glared, “You traitor.”

Woohyun patted his head, “All’s fair in love and war!”

*      *      *

Walking slowly towards the door of his own house, Sungyeol felt like every step he took was painful for him. It was, really, but not physically. If he didn’t love Sungjong, he would have already made some nonsense excuse to get out of this one but even if he was scared to face Myungsoo, he also missed Sungjong (and Myungsoo too, but he won’t admit that, of course).

Breathe in, breathe out. You can do this, Lee Sungyeol. He tells himself before he works out himself to too much stress and pass out. In no time, he was in front of the door and before he’d be a coward and run away, he knocked on the door while hoping to heavens that it would be Sungjong who’d get it.

“Who’s there?” And the door opened to reveal the one person he wasn’t really ready to see right now.

Of course, when did heaven listen to him anyway?

“Myungsoo…” Sungyeol felt his throat tighten at the sight of the other boy.

Myungsoo didn’t change, not at all. He still looked gorgeous. Well his hair was longer than when he last saw him, that’s for sure. But for some unknown reason, even when Myungsoo’s looks didn’t change, it felt like something did.

“Sung…yeol, right?” Myungsoo scrunched his eyes at him before beaming into a smile, “You’re Lee Sungyeol!”

*      *      *

“So you sent Sungyeol to the monster’s lair?” The man beside him asked before he wrapped an arm around his waist, “He’d probably be whining to you when he gets back tomorrow. You sure you could take that?”

Woohyun rolled his eyes and leaned towards the touch, “He’ll live. He’s been working his and my off for a month just to run away from this dinner and not tell me why. Now he’d have to accept the consequences.”

The man chuckled and patted his head, “Come on, you promise to cook dinner tonight.”

“I hate you,” Woohyun groaned but entered the house anyway, “Go wait by the table, I’ll cook.”

“I shall be waiting,” the man smiled and followed the other’s instructions, “Don’t burn anything!”

“When did I ever burn anything, Kim Sunggyu?” Woohyun stopped his searching through the refrigerator to raise an eyebrow at the other man.

“My heart…” Sunggyu answered seriously. “It’s burning…”

After a moment, the both of them started laughing out loud. Woohyun closed the refrigerator and let it keep him upright while Sunggyu held on the table for support. It took them a whole five minutes to recover and start speaking without giggling in between.

“That… was awkward,” Woohyun told him, “Stop watching old dramas.”

Sunggyu nodded in agreement, “I shall leave the grea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter