Another side of Henry

Addictive

 

Minji walked out of school with her slumped shoulders and her head down,

 

That stupid wallet and that goddamn gang, UGH. If it wasn’t for them…

 

“Hey, check out those guys!” A group of girls giggled and squirmed. “They are so handsome.”

 

“What school are they from?” Another girl asked. “Is that a uniform from a…public school?” She said with disgust.

 

“Oh my God! The blond one just winked at me!”

 

“The shorter one looks like a girl.”

 

“Looks like they brought bikes with them. Are they like gangsters or something?”

 

Public school? Blond one? Bikes? GANGSTERS? Minji started to put the pieces together. Don’t tell me…

 

She accelerated her pace until she was a few meters from the school gate, where three familiar faces stood casually waiting for someone.

 

“What are they doing here?” Minji murmured. She thought about running away and leaving through the back exit, but she noticed something dangling from Taemin’s hand. It was her wallet. This was her chance, she thought. Now she wouldn’t have to go to that pathetic hideout and better yet, she wouldn’t have to see Joon’s face again. She built up her courage and walked confidently toward the three guys, who were attracting the attention of every girl that walked by.

“What are you doing here?” Minji tapped Henry’s shoulder. She went to him first since he seemed the most normal out of the Deadly Six.

 

“Oh, hello!” He smiled brightly.

 

“Well, well, so you finally decided to show up, bunny girl.” Himchan caressed Minji’s cheek with one finger, but Minji slapped his hand away.

 

“What. Is. It?” She repeated, eyeing her wallet in Taemin’s hand. Come on, just give it back and leave…

 

“This is yours.” Taemin waved the wallet in her face. “Take it.” He shoved it into Minji’s hands. She stared at them blankly, not really expecting that they would give it back so easily.

 

“Don’t get any ideas, stupid.” Taemin scoffed. “We’re doing this for Joon, not for you, you little trash.”

 

“Can we leave now?” Himchan tugged on Henry’s shirt. He was not really in the mood for picking up girls.

 

“Yeah, lets-“ Taemin began to say, but the roaring sound of a motorcycles approaching cut him off. Before anyone could react, the mysterious group rode inches away Himchan and the other two and grabbed Temin’s collar, dragging him along with them as they disappeared into street.

 

“TAEMIN!” Himchan jumped on his bike a sped up, following the guys that kidnapped his friend. Henry did the same and they left Minji standing in the gate all by herself.

 

What the hell is going on?! Did they just kidnapped someone in broad daylight?!

 

Minji looked around desperately, scared and confused. But there was something else tugging on her chest. Am I…worried about them? After pacing around for a bit, waiting to see if the boys returned safely, she spotted Taemin’s bike abandoned on the sidewalk. She pulled her cellphone out and made a call to the chauffer her mother assigned her but she never really used.

 

“Hello.” She greeted as when someone picked up on the other line. “This is Minji. I need you to come and pick something up at my school gate. It’s rather big so be really careful. Oh, and don’t tell my mother about this.”

 

Minji was the reason those guys had come all the way to her school to her wallet. The least she could do was take care of on of their precious bikes until the owner returned.

 

But what if he never returns?

That’s it, I’m going after them. She was about to run in the direction they all went when someone grabbed her arms forcefully and covered with a gag.

 

“This is the girl?” The guy holding her asked.

 

“That’s her. Move it and take her to where the other are.” Said another man she recognized as the gangster that had been at the Deadly Six hideout the day before.

 

She kicked and struggled but at the end she was pushed into a car and drove off to somewhere.

 

“She’s not bad at all.” The ugly man sitting next to her commented while his lips. Minji shut her eyes to prevent tears from coming out. She was not going to show any weakness this time, not in front of these people.

 

“We’re here.” The driver announced. “Hurry up.”

 

When the door of the passenger seat opened a hand came in from the outside and pulled her out of the car harshly. “Move it, .” He grunted and pulled her on her feet by her hair. Minji was not sure where the hell she had ended up in. It looked like some sort of abandoned building, just like in the movies she had seen before. Either way, she had no option but to do what they told her, so she followed the man until she started to hear some noises.

 

As they got closer, she could tell what the noises were; it was definitely a fight.

 

Himchan and Henry had been lured in and ambushed. They were both fighting against dozens of men while Taemin lay unconscious in a corner.  His clothing was torn, probably from being dragged all the way here from the school in a motorcycle. He had nasty bruises all over his body and blood gushing out from his knees and forehead.

 

Out of pure instinct, Minji shoved away from her the man that was holding her. The guy stumbled backwards and she took that opportunity to run to Taemin.

She kneeled next to the bleeding boy and tried to inspect if he had any critical wounds.

 

“Hey.” She tapped his cheek softly. “Wake up. Are you okay?” The boys only moaned in response. His eyelids fluttered open, but besides opening his eyes he was motionless. “Damn it.” Minji whispered. She took of her blazer and pressed it against Taemin’s forehead to stop the bleeding. He winced in pain.

 

“It’s okay.” She told him. “I’m just trying to stop the bleeding. Just stay still and- AHHHH” Someone grabbed a handful of her hair and was now pulling her away from Taemin. “Let go!” She shouted, but it was useless.

 

Her screaming made everyone freeze and Himchan and Henry turn their heads in her direction.

 

“What is she doing here?!” Himchan panted. He had blood dripping form his lower lip. He was back to back with Henry, who looked at the edge of collapsing.

 

“Oh my.” The “leader” of the enemy gang laughed. “Looks like we were right. This chick is your weak point, isn’t she?”

 

Himchan was glaring at the guy with a murderous intent.

 

“She is nothing to us.” He said. “We’re only here because of Taemin, you er.”

 

“Is that so?” The man pulled Minji closer to him and her neck. Minji gritted her teeth and let out a sob. She had never been so scared in her whole life, and worst yet, she was on her own.

 

“Stop it.” Henry intervened. “She’s just an outsider.”

 

“Well,” The man suddenly lost his temper and smashed the girl against the floor. Her forehead landed on the ground with a loud ‘thud’. “Is she important to you yes or no?!”

 

Silence.

 

“If someone makes a move, I’ll beat her so bad her pretty face won’t be that pretty anymore.” The leader announced.

 

“Humph, I never expected such a coward move from you, you son a .” Himchan smirked.

 

“Someone teach that kid some manners.” Leader ordered. Someone appeard from behind Himchan and smacked him in the back with an iron rod. Himchan fell on his knees and was unable to get back up.

 

“STOP IT! PLEASE!” Minji begged, she was crying hard now. “I’LL DO ANYTHING.”

 

“H-Himchan?” Henry trembled at the sight of his bloody friend. “N-No.”

 

“What? You’re gonna cry now?” Leader mocked him, but things went completely different. Henry’s face began to distort in pure wrath. His fist were shaking and his eyes blazed like fire.

 

“I’M GONNA KILL YOU ALL!” He bellowed before launching himself against everyone in the room. The sweet Henry was no longer present; he had been replaced by a monster.

 

It didn’t matter how many people tried to fight him at once, Henry beat them all in seconds. The pile of unconscious fighters kept increasing and even them Henry showed no mercy. When Minji looked at him in shock she could only see a devil in human form.

 

“Henry…” She whispered. The sight of him like this scared her more than being captured by a band of thugs.

 

“R-Retreat!” The leader ordered when he saw no one could stop the wild beast now. He finally released Minji and tried to escape as fast as he could. However Henry was already waiting for him.

 

“You.” Henry said through clenched teeth. “I’ll tear you apart.” She he drove his fist squarely into the thug’s jaw. The man tried to fend him off, but it was impossible. Henry just kept punching harder and harder each time. At this rate, he would kill him.

 

“Henry that’s enough!” Minji grasped Henry’s shoulders and tried to hold him back, but the crazed boy twisted free and continued fighting.

 

“P-Please.” The man begged. His face was bleeding from everywhere now.

 

“ you.” Henry answered him and pushed him to the ground.

 

Minji prepared herself to try and stop him one more time, but someone grabbed her wrist before she could.

 

“Don’t” It was Taemin, standing weakly behind her. His eyes were half closed and he had Minji’s blood-smeared blazer draped over his shoulder. “You can’t stop him now, not when he’s like this. I don’t have the strength either, so there’s nothing we can do.”

 

“We can’t just watch him become a murderer.” Minji pulled her wrist from Taemin’s grip and tried to think of something. The gang leader was now on the floor, half conscious, with Henry on top of him. The girl knew she didn’t have the strength to pull him away, so she just ran as fast as she could and tackled Henry off the man. The coward took this chance to get on his feet and run away.

 

Henry, blind with rage, rolled on top of Minji, wrapped his hand around and made a fist with the other.

 

“WAKE UP YOU IDIOT!” Minji said as loud as she could with Henry almost strangling her. Suddenly, the boy halted, and slowly, he loosened his grip on the girl’s neck.

 

“W-What-“ He jumped back when he realized what he was doing. Minji rolled on her side and coughed several times.

 

“What’s going on?” He asked, frightened. Taemin walked to him and grasped his shoulders.

 

“It’s okay, bro. Nothing happened.” He assured, but Henry still looked alarmed. “Go and see if Himchan is alright.”

 

Henry nodded and went to Himchan’s side. Meanwhile, Taemin approached Minji, who was still curled on the ground rubbing her neck.

 

“You okay?” He extended his hand to help her up. She hesitated, but at the end took it.

 

“I-I’m fine.” She answered in a raspy voice.

 

“You really are stupid. I told you not to in.” He scolded.

 

Minji didn’t have the strength to discuss anymore. was burning, her legs hurt from begin thrown to the ground so many times, and her head felt like it would split open. Not to mention her uniform was covered in blood and dirt. She simply turned around and started to walk limply toward the exit.

 

“Where are you going?” Taemin blocked her path.

 

She pushed her way past Taemin and continued walking.

 

“Stubborn brat.” Taemin shook his head. “You think you’ll make it far in that condition? We’ll all stay here until we’re good enough to get ourselves home. Just go and lay down until you’re better.”

 

But Minji wouldn’t listen. Just when she was about to reach the exit, someone slipped one hand behind her knees, another one on her back, and lifted her from the ground in bridal style. She looked up and met Henry’s warm eyes. He was back to normal now.

 

“Don’t be stupid.” He told her. “Just rest for now.” Then he took her back to where everyone was. Himchan was still passed out and Taemin was sitting with his back against a wall with his eyes closed. Henry put her down gently and told her to sleep if she wanted to.

 

Minji felt so exhausted. She was scared, worried, angry, frustrated, and in pain all at the same time. Her mother would give her hell if she saw her daughter like this. She took her phone out and texted Sunhi.

 

Hello^^ could you do me a huuuge favor? If my mother calls you, tell her I’m studying in the library, okay?

-Minji

 

She turned her phone off and without waiting for a replay from Sunhi she fell asleep right there in the abandoned building.