Blood ties

Addictive

 

“Are you sure this is the place?” Himchan looked around the deserted plaza where the supposed fight should be taking place.

 

“I don’t see anyone.” L kicked a small rock that was in his way.

 

“No .” Taemin said sarcastically. “Who sent you that text anyway?” He turned to Joon.

 

“Anonymous.” Joon answered. He pulled his phone out and read the message over and over again in case he had missed something.

 

“Whoa, that’s one reliable source we got there.” Himchan sighed. “Joon, I swear you get stupider by the second.”

 

“I don’t like this one bit.” Gikwang commented, catching on to what was going on before anyone else. “This is a set up.”

 

“Seems like it.” Henry agreed.

 

“If we haven’t been ambushed then it means that they wanted to keep us out of the way.” Gikwang analyzed. “Like, out of the base or something.”

 

“But why? I mean, we don’t have anything valuable in that crappy shack.” L said.

 

“Think about it for a sec. Did we left anything of importance back there?”

 

They fell silent for a moment, trying to think just like Gikwang asked them to.

 

“All that we have is the furniture and those snacks Minji gave us today.” L spoke. Then everyone’s eyes widened with realization.

 

“Oh .” Henry muttered.

 

Taemin cursed under his breath and hurried back to his bike. Everyone else followed.

 

‘That troublesome idiot…’ Joon thought as he placed his key in the ignition and brought his bike back to life. Neither of them could remember the last time they sped up as fast as they did that moment.

 

Back in the base Minji was sitting quietly in the couch, waiting for the guys to come back. She did tidy the room up a bit, but there was not much to do after that. Her meditation was interrupted when she heard someone knocking. Are they back already?

 

She got up from her seat and walked to the door to receive them, but when she opened it, it was someone entirely different.

 

“So this is where you have been lately.” A familiar handsome face said.

 

“I-Il Sung?!” She shrieked. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I could ask you the same think.” He said. A colder and harsher voice had replaced his usually friendly one. “What the hell do you think you’re doing hanging out with these people?!”

 

“Were you the one that sent them that text? Did you do something to them?” Minji glared at him.

 

“They fell for such a stupid trick. How pathetic.” He scoffed. “And they call themselves the most feared gang on this area.”

 

“How do you know so much about them?”

 

“Minji, I used to run this city back when I was in high school. I can be the same cold-blooded gangster I used to be if I want to. If I’m looking for someone, you can bet on your life that I will find him.” Il Sung said. “Now lets get out of here.”

 

“No.” Minji answered flatly.

 

“Minji…” Her brother warned.

 

“If you think you can show up wherever you want and expect me to do whatever you tell me to, you’re dead wrong.”

 

“This place is not good for you. You will come with me even if I have to drag you into the car.” He grabbed his sister’s wrist forcefully and pulled her out of the base.

 

“Let go! Are you out of your mind?!” She bellowed as she tried to find something to hold on to.

 

“This is for your own good.” He said. He reached for her other wrist and now she had both of her hands immobilized.

 

“HEY!”

 

She heard the familiar bikes approaching. Joon and Taemin were the first ones to arrive, followed by Himchan, Gikwang, L, and Henry. They all dropped their helmets on the ground and ran towards Minji and Il Sung.

 

“Guys!” She sighed in relief. At least they were okay.

 

“You’ve got a lot of balls to send me some fake text.” Joon had murder in his eyes.

 

“Let go of her.” Henry demanded.

 

“Lets just kill this motherer.” L said through gritted teeth.

 

“You kids have no idea who you’re messing with. Get out of my way before I end up doing something I really don’t want to.” Il Sung warned them.

 

“You talk big as well.” Himchan smirked. “Lets see how long that confidence lasts.”

 

“Do you even know who this girl is?” Ill Sung pointed at her sister.

 

“Don’t.” Minji shoot him a look, but he just ignored her. He was still holding both of her hands tightly.

 

The Deadly Six turned their eyes to her, curious about what the man was talking about.

 

“She is the daughter of the CEO of Jung Corporation, one of the wealthiest men in Korea.” He continued. “You low-lives are not the right company for her.”

 

“Low-lives?! I’m going to kill-“ But Joon was interrupted by Minji’s sudden action.

 

With one strong impulse, the girl smashed her forehead against her brother’s face. The hit was so hard that he released her hands and stumbled backwards.

 

“Oooh.” Taemin covered his mouth with his fist.

 

“Bunny got game.” Himchan laughed.

 

“Go Minji~” Henry threw a fist to the air.

 

“Minji! Just who do you think you’re head-butting?” Il Sung said while holding his nose painfully.

 

“You don’t get to tell me what to do or who to be friends with.” She responded. “And be careful of who you call a ‘low-life’. Those guys are great people. I never thought you would let the company brainwash you to the point that you believe you’re the king of the world. I’m disappointed. ”

 

“I’m trying to help you, Minji. Being with these people will only bring you trouble. Sooner or later, you will learn that you live in a different world from them. I just hope you won’t have to learn it the rough way, like I did.” Il Sung told Minji one last piece of advice before walking past the boys, getting on his expensive white Mercedes, and driving off.

 

He can shove his stupid ‘social status’ up his for all I care, she thought as she saw her brother walk away. Brother, what happened to you?

 

“You okay?” Taemin asked Minji.

 

“I’m fine.” Minji answered him and rubbed her wrists. 

 

“I can’t believe I fell for that trick.” Joon ruffled his hair violently.

 

“Yeah, me neither.” L punched Joon on the shoulder.

 

“Who was that bastard?” Gikwang  asked.

 

“He seemed to know you very well.” Added L.

 

“That’s because he’s my idiot brother.” Minji grumbled, not very happy. “Jeung Il Sung.”

 

“You stood head-butted your own brother for us?” Henry opened his eyes in an ‘o’ shape. “What a sweet bunny!”

 

“Sweet indeed.” Himchan smiled.

 

“Ugh, would you two stop being so nice? It’s disgusting.” Joon smacked both of them in the head. “Lets go inside.”

 

Once inside the questions began.

 

“Why did he come all the way to get you?” Henry asked first.

 

“Dunno. He said I was acting…different lately. I guess he just wanted to see what I was doing since I wouldn’t tell him anything.” Minji said.

 

“How in God’s name did he manage to get my phone number?” Joon asked second. He was still pretty angry after being ridiculed.

“Brother knows lots of stuff about gangs and everything. I bet he had some contact that got your number for him. He used to be one scary fighter back when he was in high school.”

 

“Wait.” Tamin interrupted Minji. “Your brother is that Jeung Il Sung? The ridiculously strong and famous fighter that disappeared two years ago?!”

 

“Um, if by ‘disappeared’ you mean that he left for college two years ago then yeah, that’s him.” Minji chuckled.

 

“I can’t believe it.” L shook his head. “You talk about stupid crap all the time and you didn’t mentioned the most important piece of information about yourself.”

 

“Hey!” Minji smacked L’s arm, offended. “My brother is a jack , alright? He is definitely not the most important thing about me. Stop going all crazy-fan-boys over him already.” She pouted and crossed her arms.

 

“I heard he single handedly defeated a group of twenty thugs that ambushed him one day. That’s were he got his nickname, J Kill.” Himchan said while he looked at himself in a hand mirror.

 

“J Kill? That sounds just like him.” Minji said. “You’re lucky he didn’t fought you guys. You would be dead by now.”

 

“Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence.” L said. “Why don’t you go back to big brother so he can protect you?”

 

“Never!” Minji snapped. The other stared at her, shocked by her sudden reaction.

 

“Chill girl.” L tried to calm her down. “I was just kidding.”

 

“Whatever.” Minji grabbed her bag and headed for the door. She was no longer in the mood to keep talking about her brother. “I have to go now. I’ll see you later okay? Bye!” She smiled faintly and then closed the door, her shoulders were slumped and her steps looked heavy.

 

“Did I say something?” L looked at the rest of them.

 

“Maybe they don’t get along?” Taemin suggested.

 

“We can see that, you moron.” Joon threw one of his shoes at Teamin’s head, but the younger boy dodged it easily.

 

“To think Jeaung Il Sung was a famous gangster but had such wealthy parents.” Gikwang commented.

 

“There is something weird about that girl and her family. It feels like she doesn’t even like them.” L said in the middle of a yawn. “Does she hates money or what?”

 

“She is sooo sweet.” Henry stood up for Minji. “I’d like to see her more often.”

 

“Pft, after today I doubt she will ever talk to us again.” Himchan scoffed. “She’s a rich gal after all, it's obvious she will do as her family says.”

 

“Lets just forget about it, okay? It isn't out problem to deal with.” Joon stretched his arms sluggishly.

 

Everyone did as Joon suggested and went back to their idle activities. Taemin and Henry went outside to clean their bikes, Gikwang and Himchan devoured a bag of chips, and L and Joon simply lay daown with their eyes closed. However, they all had a piece of curiosity in the back of their minds.

 

Is she really not coming back? Taemin thought.

 

She is not like other rich girls, or is she? Himchan wondered.

 

Maybe I should apologize for what I said. L meditated, half asleep and half awake.

 

Aish, that girl. She is so troublesome and yet… Joon tried hard not to think and just fall asleep.

 

It’s better if she stays away from us. It’s safer for both parties. As usual, Gikwang thought realistically.

 

Minji, come visit soon! Henry wished with a smile.