A little bit of L

Addictive

 

-L's POV-

The fact that I saw Minji sitting on the other side of a restaurant’s window was purely coincidental. Am mean, I’m not a stalker or anything. I just happened to see her. I swear. I walked up to the window and tapped it so she would see me. When she looked up, she had a what-the-hell-is-this--doing-here kind of expression. I couldn’t help but smirk evilly. Seriously, my nasty looks just come and go naturally.

 

I entered the restaurant and rudely plopped my tiered self on the chair across from hers. At the same table and everything.

 

“What’s up.” I nodded. It was funny how uncomfortable she looked. It just made me want to some more. I was here to see with my own eyes what the other guys saw in her, after all. I knew perfectly they weren’t in love with her or anything, but something in them definitely changed.

 

“I don’t trust you.” I told her bluntly right after we ordered. She looked confused. “You jumped in the middle of a fight to save Henry, you act as if you were concern for the other boys, and you even returned Taemin’s bike. People don’t do stuff out of kindness, much less for people like us.” I half expected her to get up and leave immediately, that’s why I was so damn surprised when she started laughing.

 

“People like you?

 

 

“I don’t trust you.” He said all of a sudden. Please, enlighten me. What do you mean by ‘people like you’?”

 

Is she playing dumb with me? A freaking five-year-old could tell what I was talking about. She left me no choice but to be even hrasher.

 

“Gangsters. Don’t act as if you don’t think of us as lower trash.”

 

“And you think rich people are worth a damn?” She answered without hesitating. Look, I know I am no good with that whole profiling , but was this resentment I could feel in her words? No, she’s just acting out as if she was different from the rest of them. Don’t let her fool you, L.

 

“Oh, please. I’m not as naïve as Taemin and Henry. I know how you high-class es are like.” That’s right, I called her a . She widened her eyes for a moment and then leaned forward as if she was ing defying me. Her nose was inches from mine and those big eyes looked at mine fearlessly.

“You come in here, disrupt my lunch, insult me as if you actually knew me, and I’m the judgmental ?” She scoffed. “You don’t know yourself very well, do you?”

 

I tried to maintain my outer expression calmed and relax, but on the insides I was more like: WHAT THE ING HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS GIRL?! DID SHE JUST CALLED ME A ?! ME?! ARGHHHHHHH.

 

Yeah, I’m cool like that. But the truth is that she was absolutely right. I didn’t know the first thing about her apart from the fact that she is as crazy as they come. The food arrived just in time to stop me from doing something to ridicule myself any further. There must be something I can do to crack her little good girl act, but what?

 

Then those two girls from her same school showed up. This was my opportunity. The greeted her very nicely and everything, as if they knew her. On the other side, Minji looked as if a couple of aliens had just dropped by to say hi.

 

“Please send our regards to your father.”

 

When they said that last line, I thought Minji would punch their faces in. Seriously, had an expression of anger and disgust mixed together. How can someone act to this extent? She muttered an ‘I will’ and the girls finally left. The good part was when those two freaks started gossiping right behind me.

 

They said the usual stuff: Who was that guy? Commoner?! Public uniform?! Please, I knew those lines by heart already. But they said something about ‘someone with the Jeung name falling low’.

 

How would Minji react? Angry? Embarrassed? This time she will show me her true selfish character. I just knew it.

 

“L.” She said meekly. I could savor victory already. “I’m sorry about what I said before.”

 

“Huh?” Was all I managed to say. She was…apologizing? WHY?!

 

“Yeah. I was out of line. So don’t be angry, okay?”

 

“Are you serious?” There must be a mistake. She was worried because she didn’t wanted me to be angry? Impossible. “Are you listening to what those stuck up chicks are saying?!” Maybe she didn’t hear them properly.

 

“Are they bothering you? Want me to tell them to stop?” She pushed her chair back and was ready to go to those girls and tell them to shut up.

 

“NO!” I shouted. There is something very wrong with her. Now she was going to defend me? Pfft, as if I needed the help of some girl. I didn’t even cared about what they said about me. They could tell the whole world I was pregnant for all I cared.

 

“Then what is it?! Why can’t you just say it clearly?” She said impatiently. I just groaned and scratched my head with frustration.

 

“Aren’t you angry at those girls for trash talking?”

 

At first she gave me that confused look again, then slowly, realization started to lit her eyes up and a smile appeared in her delicate lips.

 

“Oh, I get it. You thought I would be embarrassed after hearing all that stuff about me being ‘low’ and stuff.” She said triumphantly.

 

Damn it. She got me.

 

“Aren’t you?” I tried one last time.

 

“Why would I? I don’t even know them.” She shrugged. “Wow, I can’t believe how superficial you think I am.”

 

After that, there was nothing left for me to say. I couldn’t believe I had been caught in my own game. By a superficial rich girl at that.

 

“You obviously don’t like me so I should just leave, even if I was the one who got here first.” Shethrew her school bag over her shoulder and left some money in the table to pay for her food. “Bye.”

 

“Wait, aren’t you paying for mine, too?” I said in a pathetic attempt to stop her from leaving. I needed answers. Could she really be different form the rest of them?

 

“Are you crazy? You can pay for your own stuff.” Then she turned around and left me sitting alone at restaurant. “Weird girl.” I chuckled while pulling my wallet out.

 

On my way to the base I stumbled across the other four.

 

“L!” Henry hugged me. “Where were you? You suddenly took off like that.”

 

“You didn’t get in any trouble, did you?” Joon eyed me suspiciously.

 

“Nah, I just went to have lunch.” I told the frankly. But a new idea sparkled in my mind. How would they react if they knew the real story? This is going to be fun.

 

“Alone? Couldn’t you even invite us, you punk?” Taemin smacked my shoulder.

 

“Who said I was alone?” I raised an eyebrow. They all halted but I kept walking. I could feel them exchanging glances behind my back.

“Then with who?” Gikwang finally asked what I wanted to answer so badly.

 

“Minji.” I said as innocently as I could, trying hard not to laugh.

 

“MINJI?!” Henry shouted. “Why would she have lunch with you?!”

 

“Yah, explain yourself.” Taemin demanded.

 

“And you thought I was the only playboy all along.” Himchan snickered.

 

“Please don’t compare me to the likes of you.” I told him.

 

“This is not like you, L.” Joon frowned.

 

“Maybe people are not always what they seem.” I replied. Maybe that’s what I learned today. We kept waling quietly, but I could feel the others staring at me. These kids are so simple.

 

As soon as we got home, I dropped my back on the floor and lay down on the floor, ready to take a well deserved nap.