Surprise visit

Addictive

 

“What’s with you lately?” Il Sung asked me while we were having dinner. Mom and dad had some fancy dinner party, so it was just the two of us tonight.

 

“What do you mean?” I answered him while shoving a big spoonful of rice into my mouth.

 

“A second you’re angry, then you’re happy, then you’re all depressed. Usually you’re just cranky, but now it’s like living with a bipolar.” He chuckled.

 

“Yeah, because you know me SO well.” I rolled my eyes. But what if he was right? I did felt a little different these days. Could it be because of my several encounters with the Deadly Six? I haven’t known them for more than a week and they’re already messing with my head?

 

“And not to mention those injuries you had the other day.” He added while zipping water from his glass. I choked so hard I thought I would die right there.

 

“W-What do you mean? I told you I-“ I said nervously when I managed to catch my breath.

 

“Crashed against a pole, blah, blah. Yeah I already heard that version of the story. Now how about you tell me what really happened?”

 

“Nothing happened.”

 

“Minji, you’re looking at the man that used to be the most feared fighter in the area. You can’t fool me, especially when it comes to fight wounds.”

“Wow, you really do think highly of yourself.”

 

We stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity, but I wasn’t going to give in.

 

“Fine, don’t tell me.” He finally looked away. “But if something like that ever happens again I won’t just sit on my hands and do nothing.”

 

“Please stop the brotherly act. Now I lost my appetite.” I took my plate to the kitchen and dumped it in the sink. As I walked up the stairs, I could feel Il Sung’s eyes on me, but I just ran faster and locked myself in my room. Ugh, I had forgotten how sharp that idiot was. What if he tells my parents? Nah, he wouldn’t dare. Or would he?

 

At least next day was finally weekend. Sunhi was busy with family matters, so I was left with nothing to do. Maybe I could go and visit the guys. Wait, what? NOT! Of course not! What am I thinking?!

 

I tried to divert my thoughts by doing pointless chores around the house, but somehow my mind always returned to those six boys. Stop thinking about it! They’re not the best group to be friends with.

 

So you could imagine how angry at was at myself when I found the stubborn me standing in front of their base’s door like a complete retard. Right when I was about to knock, I hesitated. What was I going to say? ‘Hello, I just happened to pass by and I stopped to say hi’? Right.

 

“What are you doing here?” A manly voice asked from behind me. I’m pretty sure I suffered a mild heart attack when I heard that. I spun around and found a very confused Gikwang staring down at me. He had a white tank top with a grey jacket on top. On the bottom he wore worn out jeans and Nike kicks.

 

“Um, I just, erm-“ I struggled to find the right thing to say, or at least something to say.

 

“Did the guys invite you over?” He asked again.

 

“No! I just happened to pass by and I stopped to say hi.” Great answer, Minji, I mentally face palmed myself. To my surprise, he didn’t spat on my face like I was expecting him to do. He just grabbed my wristed firmly and pulled me towards the door.

 

“Come.” He said.

 

“Wait! I don’t really think I should-“

 

“Guys. Look what I found at the front door.” He ignored me completely and forced me inside the base.

 

“Her? Again?!” Joon exclaimed. “Are you, like, or groupie or something?”

 

I blushed slightly and turned my eyes to my feet.

 

“Looks like you couldn’t resist my charms after all.” Himchan walked to me and arranged a few loose strands of my hair behind my ear. “That’s nothing to be ashamed of, bunny.”

 

“She said she came by to say hi.” Gikwang crossed his arms and waited to hear what the others had to say.

 

“What, are we friends now?” L stretched his arms and yawned. He had his usual sleepy face and bed hair going on. “This is not a café where you can drop by any time.”

 

Then the door opened once again and Henry and Taemin entered the room.

 

“Why is she here before even we arrived?” Taemin asked no one in particular but looked straight at me. I mouthed a ‘hi’, but she just ignored me.

 

“Minji!” Henry smiled sweetly. “What brings you here?”

 

“She came to say hi.” Joon mocked.

 

“Are we best friends now or what?” Taemin asked.

 

“That’s just what I said.” L commented.

 

“Okay, I’m sorry!” Minji shouted. “I just thought it would be nice to bring you a few things. You know, as a thank you for helping me last time.” I lowered my voice. This was not my brightest idea, I should admit.

 

“Now we’re talking.” Joon eyed my bag expectantly.

 

“Bringing my bike was enough. You don’t need to give us anything.” Taemin said coldly.

 

“But we will gladly accept the presents.” L said, suddenly very interested in the conversation.

 

I opened my bag and pulled out a supermarket bag filled with all kinds of snacks, dried fruit, sweets, and instant noodles.

 

“Holy mother of God.” Joon smiled broadly and immediately started to shove a few things in his own bag. “We should save you more often.”

 

“These are pretty expensive stuff.” Gikwang eyed the labels. “You do have money after all.”

 

“Wah, I love these!” Henry grabbed all the chocolate bars he could find, but Gikwkang stole them form him and placed it safely in his pockets.

 

“And one last thing.” I pulled out a huge red box. “Here.” I shoved it in Tamein’s arms.

 

“What the hell is this?” He dropped it on the floor.

 

“It is a first aid kit.” I picked it up and opened it for everyone to see. “I think you guys ran out of bandages because of that fight with the other gang.”

 

“Oh, okay, um, thanks I guess.” Taemin said awkwardly, obviously not used to thanking people.

 

“What a thoughtful bunny.” Himchan pinched one of my cheeks jokingly.

 

“So, can I stay?” I asked hopefully. Somehow, I found myself really wanting to hang out with the boys.

 

“I think this is more of a bribe than a thank you gift.” L shook his head.

 

The six of them exchanges glances, as if using telepathy to communicate with each other. Finally, they all nodded and Joon spoke:

 

“You can stay.” He said. “But just for today. If you start being annoying you’re out. Got it?”

 

“Yes!” I nodded once.

 

“Be careful of what you wish for.” Himchan warned with a smirk plastered in his lips.

 

“Be careful of what you wish for” Henry said in a bad imitation of Himchan’s voice. “You think you’re so cool…”

 

“Haters gonna hate~” Himchan sang.

 

After that, they all went back to their individual activities. L fell right asleep on Gikwang’s lap, who was flipping through the pages of a car magazine. Himchan began texting non-stop with a bunch of different girls and Joon sat on the floor, listening to his Ipod with closed eyes. Taemin and Henry were sitting on the floor with their backs against the wall, both reading in some books on Korean history which didn’t fit their image at all.

 

“If you’re going to keep staring at everyone like a complete idiot, you can get your out of here.” Joon looked up from his IPod’s screen.

 

“Fine.” I pouted.

 

“Hey.” Henry tapped me in the head with his book. “If he’s being too mean you come and hang with me!” He said and pushed me back where he and Taemin were reading seconds ago.

 

“Aish.” Taemin sighed and closed his book abruptly.

 

“Why are you guys in such a terrible mood?” I asked sheepishly.

 

“They are always like this.” Henry shuffled Taemin’s hair. “Why do you think they’re a bunch a gangsters?”

 

“Yah, what about you then?” Taemin slapped Henry’s hand.

 

“I’m here because I’m nice enough to be your friend.” He said proudly.

 

“Idiot.” Gikwang murmured from afar.

 

“You’re here because you’re a bipolar freak, that’s why.” Himchan added without looking away from his phone.

 

“See? As moody as girls.” Henry shrugged.

 

“You guys are so weird.” I laughed. But suddenly everyone stared at me so I had no choice but to stop.

 

“W-What?” I looked around.

 

“Even your laugh is nice.” Henry complimented.

 

“Try annoying.” L scoffed. Seems like all the noise woke him up from his slumber. “Would you kids keep it down?”

 

“It’s the first time I ever see you laughing, bunny.” Himchan snapped his phone close and sneered at me mischievously. “If you keep making those cute faces in front of me I might not be able to hold back…”

 

“Ew.” I cringed my nose.

 

“What do you mean by ‘ew’, huh?” Himchan raised his voice.

 

“Hey guys.” Joon took his headphones off and stared at his phone. “I just got a text. There is a new gang causing trouble in DS’s territory.”

 

“We can’t let that happen now can we?” Taemin was already at the door with his helmet and bike keys in hand.

 

“Damn right we can’t. Lets roll.” Joon clapped once and everyone got on their feet.

 

“What about me?!” I asked. “Are you going to leave me here alone?”

 

“You can leave. It’s not like the door is locked.” Joon answered me rudely.

 

“Just stay here for a bit. We’ll be right back!” Henry winked.

 

“See ya, bunny.” Himchan blew me a kiss.

 

“You could tidy things up in there if you have nothing better to do.” L gestured the whole room.

 

They all began to exit the place, but Taemin told be something before shutting the door.

 

“Be careful.” He said quickly and then disappeared with along with everyone else.

 

What am I supposed to do now?