Feelings

Addictive

 

“Are we out yet?” Minji asked impatiently.

 

“We have walked like three feet.” Taemin answered. “Would you relax? You’re making me nervous.”

 

“You two back there, how about acting discretely for once?” L hissed. “We’re almost out.”

 

Minji could almost taste freedom.

 

“Excuse me, Miss. Jeung, but where are you going?” The family butler asked her as the seven of them were about to reach the exit.

 

“U-Um, I-“ Minji’s mind went blank. She had always been a terrible liar.

 

“Minji was just being kind enough to bid farewell to her guests.” Sang Il intervened.

 

“What are you doing?” Minji whispered at her brother, but he just pushed her forward. “Be quick, okay? You’re guests are waiting.” Sang Il winked.

 

“Yes, thank you.” Minji nodded and hurried out, followed by the six boys.

 

“Jeez, that was close.” Henry sighed with relief.

 

“Who would have known that you were such a y liar.” Joon told Minji.

 

“That was not my fault!” Minji pouted.

 

“If J Kill hadn’t saved us, that guy would have definitely called your parents.” Himchan shook his head. Even he had been scared for a moment.

 

“But we’re out, right? That’s what matters.” Gikwang smiled.

 

“So what now?” Minji asked.

 

“Uh…” Joon scratched his head.

 

“Don’t tell me you guys didn’t planned this far.” Minji stared at him accusingly.

 

“Hey! We bailed you out, right? You could at least pretend to be grateful.” Joon responded.

 

“I bet she wanted to stay with her lovely Jonghyun, right?” L teased.

 

“Watch your words.” Minji warned him. Her cold voice startled him.

 

“S-Sorry.” L apologized.

 

“How about we go to the base first? I mean, she can’t go around looking like that.” Taemin gestured at Minji’s outfit.

 

“Aw, that’s too bad. You look beautiful in that dress.” Himchan purred.

 

“Thanks.” Minji accepted the compliment, no longer embarrassed by Himchan’s playboy attitude.

 

“Damn, I’m losing my touch.” Himchan said.

 

“Fine. Lets go!” Henry said.

 

They arrived to the base around thirty minutes later. Minji’s dress turned out to be more problematic than expected, considering that they had to ride their bikes.

 

“Here. Change into this.” L tossed her a shirt and a pair of sweat pants. Himchan offered a pair of extra sneakers he had brought along.

 

“These are boy’s clothes.” Minji noticed.

 

“No .” Joon rolled his eyes. “You can either wear that or go , cause I’m not going to let you on my bike again with that stupid dress.”

 

“It will look fine.” Henry promised. “Now hurry!”

 

Minji took her time to change. She stared at the clothes the guys had lent her for a while before finally deciding to get out of her dress.

 

“What is taking you so long? I’m going-“ L slammed the door opened while Minji was in the midst of changing. The dress was around her ankles and she was in her underwear only. Now six faces were staring at her, shocked.

 

“YOU IDIOT!” Minji shouted at L and proceeded to throw him anything she could find at hand. “Get out!”

 

“Wait! It was a mistake! I swear!” L covered his eyes but peeked in between his fingers.

 

“WHY ARE YOU STILL STARING AT HER?!” Taemin wrapped his arm around L’s neck and pulled him out of the bathroom. Then Minji slammed the door shut furiously.

 

“You shameless bastard.” Henry cracked his knuckles loudly. “Looks like you need someone to teach you a few manners.”

 

“How could you.” Himchan shook his head. "Henry, beat him up."

 

“I said I’m sorry!” L took a few steps back. “Why would I want to see her in her freaking underwear?! Not like it was unpleasant or anything…” L blushed.

 

“THAT’S IT.” Henry jumped on him.

 

“Henry, don’t be like this!” L struggled to get him off of him.

 

“Guys, stop!” Minji emerged from the bathroom. Her cheeks were flushed and she couldn’t look at anyone in the eyes. “It’s fine. Really.”

 

“What do you mean with it’s fine?” Taemin looked straight at her, but when he recalled that last image of her, he turned his eyes to the floor.

 

“I-I know he didn’t do it on purpose. It was my fault for taking so long.” Minji pushed her hair behind her ear.

 

“See?! Even she gets it!” L shoved Henry hard and got on his feet.

 

“Hey morons.” Joon clapped his hands. “Lets not make a big deal out of this. Lets just go and have some fun.”

 

“Yeah.” Minji smiled.

 

Back in the Jeung party, Jonghyun drank quietly in a corner. He had seen Minji sneak out with the Deadly Six, and it was pissing him off greatly. Then his phone vibrated in his pocket.

 

“What.” He answered.

 

“Sir, the guys and I were patrolling the area and we just saw the Deadly Six with a girl that resembles Jeung Minji. What should we do about it?”

 

“Keep and eye on them. When you see an opening, get her. I feel like messing with those six bastards right now.” He sneered.

 

“Yes sir.” The man on the other side of the phone answered and then hung up.

 

 

“A club?” Minji stood dumbfounded at the shiny building that stood in front of her. The music was so loud that it could be heard clearly from blocks away.

 

“Yep. What better place to spend your eighteenth birthday than here?” Himchan smirked. “We are all of legal age now so there should be no problem.”

 

“But look at how I’m dressed. I look like a boy!” Minji pointed at her clothes.

 

“So what? Lets go inside.” Joon said. Minji gulped and followed them. It wasn’t her first time in a club, but it was her first time going with so many boys.

 

“Should we get some drinks?” Gikwang suggested when they finally found a table.

 

“I-I’m not sure. I’m not a very good drinker.” Minji said.

 

“You worry too much.” Henry patted her head. “We’ll take care of you.”

 

Before she could say anything else, Gikwang was already back with several shots in his hands.

 

Minji decided to stop worrying and have some fun. It was her birthday after all. But several shots later, everyone seemed to be completely drunk.

 

“Yah, Henry, why are you so mean to me?” L whined as he wrapped his arms around Joon.

 

“Idiot, I’m Joon.” The drunk leader laughed hysterically. “Henry disappeared a long time ago.”

 

“What is it with these chips? They taste like carton!” Gikwang spitted whatever he was eating.

 

“That’s cause you’re chewing on the drinks menu.” Himchan took it from Gikwang’s hands and threw it away.

 

The only sober one was Taemin, who was sitting calmly in a corner. As much as he tried, he never managed to get as drunk as the others.

 

“Where is Minji?” He asked L when he noticed the girl was nowhere to be seen.

 

“Dunno~” L giggled. “Now that you mention it, isn’t Minji actually very hot?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You know, even in that stupid boy get up she is quite pretty.” L sighed.

 

“You’re drunk.” Taemin chuckled uncomfortably. “I’m going to go look for her.”

 

After he walked around the club for a while, he saw a familiar girl sitting at the bar with a weird guy in front of her.

 

“C’mon sweetie. Play with me for a while.” The man said as he caressed Minji’s cheek with his hand.

 

“I can’t” Minji tried to tell him, but her head was spinning and she barely knew what she was doing.

 

“I’ll treat you some drinks, okay?” The man got a step closer and placed a hand on Minji’s waist. “I’ll be real gentle.”

 

“Don’t touch her so carelessly.” Taemin appeared out of nowhere and pushed the man away from Minji. The man didn’t put up a fight and simply walked away.

 

“And you! Stop picking up random guys.” Taemin scolded Minji.

 

“You saved me!” Minji smiled sheepishly as she hugged Taemin tightly.

 

“W-Wait.” Taemin said nervously. “What are you doing?”

 

“I’m thanking you!” Minji pouted. “Can’t I?” She looked up at Taemin with big puppy eyes.

 

“You’re drunk.” Taemin said. “You’re not yourself right now.”

 

“I am Minji! Who else would I be, silly.” She smiled without letting go of the boy.

 

Oh God, Taemin gulped. As much as he tried not to think about it, he couldn’t help but notice Minij’s chest pressed against his.

 

“Minji, I’m serious. You’re being weird.” He stuttered.

 

“You don’t like me, do you?” Minji sobbed. “I’m sorry for getting you hurt last time. Please, please don’t hate me!” She begged.

 

“I don’t hate you.” Taemin said and wiped a tear from Minji’s cheeks. “I just…”

 

“Really? I like you, too! I really do!” She went back to her happy mood.

 

“Minji…” Taemin whispered and ran on of his hands through her silky hair. He felt her breath against his neck and he knew he would lose it if they stayed that close any longer.

 

“Yes?” She stared right into his eyes. Now Taemin couldn’t look away from her lips. They looked so soft and inviting…

 

STOP! He mentally slapped himself before he could get any other weird thoughts. “That’s it. We’re out of here.”

 

He wrapped one of Minji’s arms around his own neck and helped her back to the table.

 

“Woah, what did you do to her?” Gikwang asked Taemin. He as the only one sitting in the table. The rest had disappeared somewhere.

 

“It was you and your stupid shots don’t made her like this!” Taemin responded.

 

“Oh, right. Sorry about that.” Gikwang chuckled.

 

Taemin sat Minji on the couch and he sat next to her. He removed a few strands of hair form her face and leaned her head on his shoulder. Seconds later, Minji was fast asleep.

 

“Such a cute couple.” Gikwang watched the scene with a grin on his face. “So when are you planning to tell her?”

 

“Tell her what?”

 

“That you like her. C’mon, Taemin. I’m not as thick headed as the other four dunces over there.” He pointed at Joon, Himchan, L, and Henry, who were dancing happily to the club music.

 

“I don’t like her.” Taemin said with a straight face.

 

“Fine. Be stubborn if you want to.” Gikwang shrugged.

 

Taemin took one last glance at Minji. She was breathing evenly and had the most peaceful expression on her pretty face. Out of an impulse, Taemin slipped his hand under the table and interlocked fingers with Minji. He didn’t know why, but he wanted her as close to him as possible at least for one night. Then he would go back to being the cold Taemin everyone knew.