Best of Friends

Who Knew?

 

"And CUT! Thank you for your hard work! That's enough for today" 

It was midnight and the boys of Big Bang had just finished their first teaser filming. There was a long way to go before their comeback, another month or so. It was a busy month, and they couldn't afford to get distracted. That's more than what could be said for Jiyong, though. His mind has been all over the place ever since the incident in the van. He replayed the scene over and over in his head. Get a grip, Jiyong, he told himself. Get a grip!

Seunghyun, on the other hand, had been fooling around with Seungri, prancing around the studio, pulling pranks on the staff members who were working their butts off so that the comeback would be mind blowing. He didn't think much of what happened earlier. He was best friends with Jiyong, they were the closest in Big Bang. You didn't have to watch the interviews or tune in to radio shows to know that. Jiyong was around when Seunghyun was overweight and underconfident. 

In a way, skinship was normal between Jiyong and Seunghyun. On stage, "TOP&GD"  had moments that would be caught on fancams and spread all over the internet, fans barely able to contain their excitement at the pair's frienship. The rappers shared a room in their dorm so during thunderstorms, Jiyong, being scared of the sound of thunder, would creep into Seunghyun's bed. The latter would hold him and calm him down. When Jiyong's car broke down, Seunghyun picked him up from YG and dropped him off at the dorm. When Jiyong forgot his umbrella on rainy days, the pair would share one, and so on.  But in the end, they had always just been friends. Seunghyun thought nothing of it. He was being a good hyung. Jiyong, on the other hand, began to develop feelings for Seunghyun not too long ago. Now, whenever Seunghyun does anothing mildly sweet, Jiyong's head would spin. 

"GD?! OPPA!!" Jiyong turned around when he heard his stage name being called. There were hundreds of fans lined up outside YG, waiting for Big Bang to finish filming. Crazy! It was midnight! These girls are something special, Jiyong thought. Taeyang and Daesung went off to give autographs while Seungri shook hands and took photos with the fans. 

Jiyong approached the wailing fans and gave them his brightest smile. They squealed. He bowed and motioned for the rest of the boys to get back into the van to go home. All of a sudden, the fans' volumes rose to a deafening extent. Jiyong, confused, wondered what caused this sudden rise in volume, when he felt an arm snake its way around his waist. Seunghyun's.

He tried to maintiain composure as Seunghyun used his other hand to wave at the screaming girls. Jiyong looked over at him and smiled. 

"Hyung, I'm tired. Do you want to go back to the dorm?"

"Yeah. But Ji?"

"Yeah, hyung?"

"Tomorrow night, are you free?"

Jiyong looked Seunghyun in the eyes. Could he be asking him out? In front of these fans? He felt Seunghyun's arm tightening its grip on his waist. The girls were dead quiet, gaping at the scene before them. The great GD&TOP were glued to one another and dangerously close. 

"Yeah, sure. Is something wrong?"

"You'll find out tomorrow? Let's go, you need to sleep" 

And with that, the pair scurried off to the van, where three impatient cranky idols sat, and the ride home was silent.