Chapter 2

Striving for Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


From day to night, I spent my time on my laptop in the living room. Needs to complete a lot of works. Tomorrow I'll be presenting to a clients from Seoul.

I took a glance at sleeping Hyun ki on the sofa. He was tired after a long day in school. Even the cartoon shown on the television did not caught his attention.

I got up and walked over to him, sitting beside him. He must be sleeping while accompany me to finish up my works.

After making sure that he sleep comfortably, I continue to do my unfinished job. Trying to finish up quickly. I wish tomorrow is the most exciting and praise worthy presentation.

Get promoted and pay rises. I don't want Hyun Ki being deprived from father absence.

Father? My typing stopped. The glasses I wore, I took it off and put it aside. My face went pale as I let go a small sigh. The old memory came back to me. Different kinds of feeling are all mixed up.

Getting headache just by thinking of it. My poor son. Since he was born, not once did he see his father and have to withstand all the ridicule from his fellow friends.

Which child is not sad to be mocked for not having a father? Want to inform that his father is dead, there is no death certificate. Some annoying people without heart call him as "b******.  I told them I was divorced but still their assumption remain the same. Human are quick to punish others without knowing the truth.

I don't care if they want to insult me but not my son. He is still young. He does not know anything. The neighbour are also the same. Cannot see others live happily. But until when?

Hyun Ki's head I rubbed slowly. His face is exactly the same as my ex husband. My heart sank for a moment. Why does he treat me and Hyun Ki this way?

No little love for her anymore?

No love is okay. But why is it so cruel? Let me and my son take care of each other. And he can find his own happiness. I still remember the day I was thrown out from the house. He even divorce me without any financial support for my son.

His own flesh and blood.

Why such human exists in this world?

I was wrong about my own situation. Am I happy or sad? I don't even know how to feel anymore.

As time passed by, tears become more and more painful for my eyes. Remembering the old stories make my heart hurt even more.

I am sorry my son. I have to do this for the both of us.

I have never asked my life to be this way. I kissed my son forehead. I promise you that I'll make you happy.

6 years before

"What's this?"


A blue plastic bag was thrown right to my face. I was dumbfounded for a moment. Slowly I picked up the small plastic and opened the knot.

8 contraceptive pills are found inside. I remain silent. I have never expected it. Immediately my tears flow down from my eyes. What is it that this time they want to slander me. Then I saw my husband standing in the doorway looking at me with his red eyes.

Just came home from work and got suprise by this. I'm confused. I raised my head and look at everyone. My hands was shaking. Jong Kook Oppa looks hurt. I expect him to trust me.

"No wonder untill now, I still don't have  a grandchild. Ap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter