Chapter 1

Striving for Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once get off from the car, I quickly rush to Hyun ki who has waited for me at the door of the kindergarten with a sour face. By his side is the kindergarten assistant, Ms Jeon gave me a sweet smile like usual.

Grunts the 5 years old child. I got it all wrong. Not once am I early. Can be said that almost every day I am late to pick him up from school. Not suprised if Hyun Ki is angry. The bag from Ms Jeon hand I take. I felt bad because she too had to wait for me.

"Thank you for waiting." I said awkwardly.
"You have another meeting, right?" She asked
I nodded with a feeling of guilty. Just know that this is my reason. Take a look. Even she  can think.

She nodded a little and left after her work is done. 

The workers are all going home. I hold Hyun ki's hands and head towards my car. I put the his bag in backseat before the journey back home continue.

"Eomma, can you take a look at your watch and tell me what time is it?" Asked Hyun ki with his small voice. I stared at my watch. It's exactly 5 p.m. If it wasn't for the suprise meeting, I would have pick him up earlier. 

"I'm so sorry son, Eomma have a very important meeting. I promise you that this is the last, Okay?" 
"The reason is always the same. I'm tired of hearing it everyday."

I always make promise but does not fullfill it. I swallow my saliva, bites my lower lip. Thinking of an idea to reply.

" I'm sorry, I'm really busy with the meeting just now. My boss does not allow me to go home. Alright after this, I promise you that you are not the last person to go home. Please don't be angry with me. Who want to be my friend if not you?" 
"Are you sure Eomma? But with one condition if you want me to forgive you." I look to the left and saw him looking at me with hope. 

It seem like it's difficult. This child is always with a condition in order to be forgiven.  

"What do you want me to do? Just say" Asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter