Chapter 5

My heart is yours
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jongwoon finished all his classes but stayed at the music room to practice for the performance tomorrow. Ryeowook is with him to accompany him with the piano. Every student in his class will be performing their own written songs. Although this isn't the first time doing that, he can't still feel at ease. After thanking Ryeowook for helping him, they went their own ways. Jongwoon went back to their dorm and lied on his bed looking at the ceiling, unsure of what to do. A few moments later, he fished out his phone from his bag and texted Kyuhyun.

JW: Let's hang out at your place? I'll bring movies, what do you want to watch?

He kept looking at his phone from time to time, still no reply from Kyuhyun. He closed his eyes for a while trying to relax himself. It has been about two hours when Kyuhyun texted back.

KH: Hi, hyung. Sorry about that. I was with my friends earlier. Do you still want to watch a movie?

Jongwoon opened his eyes when he heard his phone's notification sound.

JW: It's already dark outside and we still have classes tomorrow. I don't want to be a bother.
KH: You won't. Come on, I'll pick you up. Just bring some of your clothes. You can sleep here. You might say no, so I'll be on my way there. See you, hyung :)

There's no way he can reject the offer now. Jongwoon pack some of his stuff that he needs and his backpack so that he can just go straight to his classes tomorrow. Hyukjae saw him getting ready and ask where he would go. Jongwoon told him that he would go at Kyuhyun's place tonight and that he would stay there too. Minutes later, he saw that Kyuhyun texted him, saying that he's at the front of their dorm. He met with a smiling Kyuhyun and silently walked back to the younger's place. When they arrive, Jongwoon put all his stuff at the corner. He took out his laptop and place it at the coffee table near the couch while Kyuhyun went to get some snacks to eat while they're watching. Jongwoon let Kyuhyun choose what to watch, still not saying anything even when Kyuhyun asked him if their performance is tomorrow, choosing to nod instead of speaking. A few minutes into the movie, Kyuhyun looked at his side, Jongwoon looks like his watching the movie intently but he knows, it's not the case.
"Hyung, I thought you wanted to watch?" 

Jongwoon finally spoke, "I am watching."

"Really? Mind telling what you think about the main character?"

Jongwoon looked at Kyuhyun then quickly looked down. "Huh? Uhm.."

"Come here" Kyuhyun said. But when the older didn't move, he moved closer instead and enveloped him in a hug. Feeling the younger's warmth, Jongwoon hugged him back burying his face near Kyuhyun's neck. Jongwoon didn't speak and Kyuhyun didn't ask. He's there to listen. People would probably wonder what he is listening to when no one's talking, and that's exactly what he's listening to, his hyung's silence. No, his hyung's silence isn't just empty sound. In his hyung's head, there's probably a commotion. He hugged Jongwoon tighter, touching his hyung's back in a comforting manner and then he waits.  Kyuhyun waits until Jongwoon let it out. Feeling Kyuhyun's comfort, Jongwoon finally spoke.


"I'm so nervous for tomorrow's performance. I know this isn't even the first time performing something I made but, I can't stop thinking that things might not go well."

 

Kyuhyun didn't speak he let Jongwoon continue his thoughts "What if I tripped while performing? What if my voice cracks?what if my song isn't good enough? I'm not even being rational. I've sang in front of people countless of times yet I'm still scared."

Jongwoon tightened

Please log in to read the full chapter