Chapter 4

My heart is yours
Please log in to read the full chapter

It's a cool Thursday afternoon and Jongwoon can be seen sitting on the grass with a sketchbook in hand. He likes to draw and since it's spring, the landscape would be really beautiful with flowers and trees blooming. Their university is pretty big and it has this grassy field with trees and flowers surrounding it, it's a good place to be when you want to relax outside. He only has morning classes and decided to go there to sketch. He has been going there since the second semester of his freshman year, he found a particular spot he like where he can see most of the view. 

He was focused on drawing when a guy came to sit a few feet away from him. When Jongwoon felt the new comer's gaze, he looked to his left where the person is sitting, his eyes widen when he saw that it is the new member of the basketball team, Choi Siwon.

"Sorry. Was I bothering you?"

Jongwoon shook his head "No! It's fine." 

"You look familiar. Perhaps, you're from one of my classes?"

"No. Uhm. Maybe it's because I watch the basketball tryouts? I'm a friend of Donghae"

"Oh. Sorry for staring earlier. I got curious of what you're drawing. You're really good at it."

Jongwoon looked away and shyly muttered. "Thank you."

Siwon found the other's reaction cute but it might make the other uncomfortable if he stare, so he settled on looking at the landscape in front of them. "This is a really good place. Everything just seems so peaceful. It's relaxing"

Agreeing to what Siwon has said, Jongwoon smiled. "It is. That's why I like going here to draw"

"Really? Do you mind if I go here too? Don't worry, I won't bother you so much."

"It's okay. You don't have to ask permission to stay. This place is open to everyone." Jongwoon said, trying to be as calm as possible. He didn't know why, but he is getting nervous just by sitting beside the guy. Maybe because he's too good looking, and the way he presents himself, it feels like he's sitting with a member of the royal family.

"I forgot. I haven't introduce myself yet. My name is Choi Siwon. I just transferred here. I'm a sophomore from the business department." 

"I'm Kim Jongwoon. I'm a junior from the music department"

Siwon was surprised. "What? Oh my gosh. You're a sunbae. I'm sorry. Was I being too casual? You actually look younger so, I thought... Wait. Am I being impolite? I'm really sorry" Siwon looked like a child who broke a glass and ready to be scolded. Jongwoon wasn't able to stop his giggle. Siwon looked cute with that expression.

"It's fine. I didn't think you were being rude. Honestly, you were being so well mannered, I thought I'm with a prince." Realizing what his last sentence was, Jongwoon bit his lip and blushed turning away shyly. Thankfully, Siwon didn't see his face but smiled at the older's statement. 

"You're too kind, sunbaenim"

"I'm not. It didn't bother me, you weren't being impolite at all. Where did you came from? If you don't mind me asking."

"Not at all. We lived in U.S. before but, my grandfather decided to pass the family business to his children so we had to come back."

"How long did you stay there? Your Korean is still good. Oh. Sorry, I didn't mean to come out ignorant."

"Don't worry. It's normal to think that. We moved there when I was in middle school. We

Please log in to read the full chapter