Tortured Souls

Bad Dates Bad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunbi stared at Wonyoung who's silently in her bed, covering her whole body with her sheets, not letting anyone to see her. 

"Is there anything you want?" Eunbi tried but she recieves no response, she can only hear Wonyoung's little sniff knowing that her little bunny is still fine and didn't passed out. "It's been two days, you haven't eaten anything yet.." She added. 

"Your friends are outside, they've been visiting.. At least let them see you, they're worried sick." Eunbi tried talking to her again, she waited but Wonyoung already like hiding in her blankets. 

Without any progress, Eunbi went out of Wonyoung's room and she was greeted by worried eyes from everyone. Yujin's gang is here again for today. 

Everyone can't help but to feel sorry at what happened, they did find her father but they're too late. It was even heartbreaking when they saw how Wonyoung was completely overwhelmed by grief, she cried until she passed out. 

"How is she?" Chaeyeon asked. Eunbi only answered them with a sigh. "Still not talking?" Chaeyeon asked again and then Eunbi nodded. 

Everyone was silent.. They tried everything to cheer their maknae. Yena and Yuri tried telling jokes, Nako told her promises that she'll help, Chaeyeon and Eunbi taking good care of her by offering food. Hitomi, her friend, thought leaving her alone will help so she only stay outside but never left her side. 

Yujin keeps coming back here but she never once entered Wonyoung's room. She didn't have the courage, she felt useless by failing to help Wonyoung to find her father and she doesn't know how to comfort her friend. 

Chaeyeon went beside their quiet boss. 

"We'll leave soon, go and talk to her Yujin." Chaeyeon said. She noticed that she feels guilty but she knew that Yujin is someone that Wonyoung needs right now. 

"I don't know what to say unnie.." Yujin said with her head facing down. "I don't think i can handle seeing Wonyoung like that, she's always a cheerful kid and now that she's having a hard time i don't know what to do.." Yujin confessed. 

Chaeyeon sighed. She completely understand what Yujin meant. Ever since they met Wonyoung there's only two times they saw her like this, it was from 3 years ago and now. They didn't even had the chance to comfort Wonyoung before because she vanished right after. This is the first time they're dealing with this situation. 

"I know.. But at least show yourself, let her know that you're with her in times she needed her friend the most." Chaeyeon said. Yujin only looked at her and sighed. She stood up and went to Wonyoung's room. 

She sits at the side of Wonyoung's bed and stayed there for a long time, looking around her room. It was empty and sad, there's no trace of any memories in here, she realized that Wonyoung almost spend her time hiding and that ended her youth. 

"I don't know what to say, Wonyoung-ah." Yujin speaks, Wonyoung who heard this voice shut her eyes as she doesn't want any tears coming out again. 

 

"How was your day with your friends, princess?" Wonyoung's father asked her little girl who just entered their house, she spend the whole afternoon attending an activity that was organized for them. 

"It was good." The young Wonyoung answered cheerfully. 

"Can you tell me more about it?" Her father curiously asked as she carry her daughter to sit at the living room area after Wonyoung removed her shoes. "C'mon tell daddy some stories.." He said. 

"Hmmm..." The kid tried to remember the activities they did, she blows some air making her cheeks puffy, her father who's witnessing it giggled at how cute her daughter is. "Ahh!" Wonyoung exclaimed as she finally remember something. 

"What is it?" 

"The teacher told us to pick something in the table, he said that depending on the toys we pick, it will tell us about what we specialize in the future!" Wonyoung cheerfully started. It was tradition for them, even her father did it when they were young, he purposely asked Wonyoung to tell stories because he's curious at what her daughter picked. 

"Is that so?" Her father feigning ignorance. The kid just nods as an answer. 

"First, Minju unnie picked a knife.. She said it's something easy to handle. Then Sakura unnie followed she... Hahaha.." Wonyoung started laughing as she remembers what happened. "She's demanding for a katana which is not in the table, she keeps saying she wants to maintain her Japanese culture.. She's about to cry because teacher said her family doesn't permit her to use it, but eventually teacher manages to find some sword. The sword is even longer than Sakura unnie's height!"

The two laughed at the story.. It is true that Miyawaki clan doesn't want their only daughter to be a fighter, they wished for her to be just their muse.. But Sakura loves trouble. 

"Hyewon unnie too! She also cried haha.. She wants a bazooka! Daddy she even wants a grenade! It was funny because teacher already had enough with Sakura unnie and there's Hyewon unnie demanding other stuff too! But in the end, teacher talked to her and she settled with using the pistol." Wonyoung said while laughing in between her story. 

"And then.. Hitomi and Chaewon unnie shared the money bills." She ended her story with this and left her father's lap to get something in her bag. 

"What about my princess? What did you picked?" Her father asked but Wonyoung is busily searching something in her bag, her mother also enters the living room curious at what her daughter picked. When she found it, she proudly presented it to her parents. 

"A flower?" Her parents said in unison. 

"It's a dahlia flower!" Wonyoung exclaimed. 

"Is that even on the list?" Her mother asked and looked at her husband. The two tried to remember if it's part of the choices but neither of them remember a flower being in it. 

"No, it's not. My secret friend gave this to me!" She told them. "Mommy, my secret friend told me that this flower is available in a rainbow of colors ranging from pink, to red, to orange or to white.. Isn't it amazing?" Wonyoung shared while looking at the flower, fascinated at it. 

"And this one is blue, my friend said this is rare but she gave it to me still!" She said and then looked at her mother. "Mommy you liked flowers right? And you know what they meant? Do you know what this flower symbolizes?" Wonyoung curiously asked. 

"Big changes.." Her mother whispered. 

"The toys that teacher presented are scary, so i didn't pick.." She whispered but her parents heard it loud and clear. The husband and wife looked at each other with concern in their eyes. "Why doesn't he offered normal toys?" She added. 

"My secret friends doesn't play with those dangerous toys, they play among themselves, they run on the streets and they play with normal toys and it's fun.." Wonyoung stating what she's thinking and her parents is listening.. 

"Normal?" Her father repeated the words that Wonyoung keeps saying and was in a very deep thought.. "A normal life?" 

 

"It's my fault.." The very first words that Wonyoung said after two days. Yujin was shocked at what she heard, finally! She looked at Wonyoung's direction but she's still covering herself with her blankets. She tried to slowly pull the covers and the girl didn't resist and let Yujin remove it. 

Yujin saw Wonyoung laying on her side, her eyes closed but tears are flowing and she can't help but to feel a lump in by just seeing her friend drowning on her own emotions. Yujin started tearing as she saw Wonyoung's state. 

The others heard Wonyoung's voice and so they all rushed to see her but before they can enter the room, Eunbi and Chaeyeon stopped them. They told them that they should watch from there and let the two talk.. They also started tearing up when they saw their precious maknae. 

"Unnie, i think it's my fault.." Wonyoung repeated, crying and burying her face in her pillow. "I shouldn't have asked for a change.." She whispered. 

Just watching Wonyoung crying also made Yujin cry.. It was too much for her to see her like that, she can't help but to feel the pain that the other girl is carrying. She held Wonyoung's shoulder and slowly pats it. 

"I don't know what to do, unnie.." Wonyoung said her voice trembling. "For three years, I've been hopelessly saving my own life. I even thought of ending it myself.. But then the news about my father brought me back to my old self.. I saw a light... But.." She added, having a difficulty in talking because of her sobs. 

Yujin was quiet, still doesn't know what to do or what to say.. 

"What should i do now?.. Unnie, it hurts a lot.."

Yujin pulled Wonyoung in a hug, she tightly hugs her. She felt Wonyoung resting her face in her shoulders and she caresses the younger girl's back. 

"I know.. I understand.." Yujin started. "You lost the light that you believed in. And you're a mess of emotions right now. But listen to me, never think of locking yourself up in darkness because i admit that it's easier that way."

"Instead, always know that you have us, Wonyoung-ah."

Wonyoung cried even more, buries her face in Yujin's shoulder and hugged Yujin back. 

"I'm sorry i can't do anything about the pain, but it's gonna hurt.. It always will. But it's okay to grief.. It's okay to let it all out." Yujin stated, trying her best to give comfort to the other girl. "I want to tell you that it's okay and that everything's gonna be fine but.. The coming days will be tough and some days will be harder than the others.." She keeps caressing Wonyoung's back. 

"But eventually.. You'll learn how to overcome it and that's where you can trust us, because we'll help you make your days better." Yujin said. 

"Unnie.." Wonyoung cried.. 

The people from outside can't take it anymore so they barged in, jump in Wonyoung's bed and hugged them. Everyone was crying but a comfo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter