New Phase

Bad Dates Bad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ouch!” Chaewon exclaimed and glared at the person who just poked her wounds. The other girl just laughed at her being in pain, Chaewon can’t even understand why this girl is here right now. “I thought we’re enemies now?” Chaewon added with annoyance in her tone.

“Yep, still enemies..” Sakura said and took a glance at the other person at the corner, already changing in her normal clothes getting ready to get out, but she still went near her and intentionally held Hyewon’s arms which is wounded. "And that’s why I came here, to annoy my enemies~” Sakura teased and looked at Hyewon with a cheerful vibe.

“Stop that Kkura-ya.” Hyewon said in a serious tone and Sakura just pout and sit at Hyewon’s bed. The two was admitted at the hospital after what happened last night, the two suffered some minor injuries, well minor for Hyewon for she is used at getting hurt but in Chaewon’s case she really suffered, Minju literally made their skins as her drawing pad. “You’re just bored aren’t you?” Hyewon asked the sulking Kkura.

The Japanese girl just sighed.

“Yes..” Sakura sadly answered and then throw her back at the bed and stretches, feeling really at home. “Why did you even do that? Now I have to secretly see you guys, don’t take this on a wrong way okay? I’m still your enemy and I’m forever loyal to Minju.” She said.

The two just hissed at what Sakura said.

“I’m not taking it on the wrong way but I just can’t understand why you keep taking Minju’s side.” Hyewon said while wearing her black leather jacket. “You know I’m really hurt how you always choose her, we’re friends too.” She added and looked at the girl who’s blankly staring at the ceiling.

“I should be the one telling you that Hyewon.” Sakura said in an exhausted manner and didn’t even bother looking at her. “You guys..” She sighed before continuing her sentence. “Did you know how it broke my heart when you guys choose those fallens over us? Your friends.” Sakura said, her voice trembling as she felt the betrayal again.

Chaewon who’s looking at Sakura soon look at other things, when Sakura puts it that way she can’t help but to feel guilty. ‘This unnie is seriously being soft hearted again.’ Chaewon thought.

Hyewon pushed Sakura to the side so she can sit and comfortably wear her timberland boots. “Unnie, we’re not children anymore who only cares about fun games and good friendships, I don’t care about those anymore because I have a person I want to protect.” She said while tying her shoelace excessively.

“I just can’t understand, how a silly love can change a person.” Sakura whispered as she closes her eyes slowly. She heard Hyewon sighed and she can even feel that the girl is staring at her.

“I have Eunbi, Chaewon has Hitomi, You have that blondie of yours and Minju has the boss kid.. It wasn’t love that changes the person, it’s the situation unnie. It’s just that me and Chaewon are in a disadvantage part. Do you understand?” Hyewon said making some sense.

Sakura just sighed again, she knew it all actually, it’s just a little hard for her to accept it yet. Of course when they were little they all talked about being in love and stuff and how nice would it be to see their group expand, they just didn’t expect them being enemies because of it.

“Hold on, who-what? Minju and who?” Chaewon who is silently listening to the two curiously asked about it. “Boss kid? You mean that Yujin girl?” She added.

Hyewon stood up after successfully putting her shoes on, having a little difficulty from the start because of her injuries but she still managed finished dressing up. “Yeah, I forgot to tell you. She broke up with my brother and after that she keeps hanging out with the boss kid, I don’t know if they’re dating though.” She said without looking at Chaewon.

Next Sakura pulled herself up so she can sit and stretch her hands again. “Oh, they’re dating already didn’t you know that?” She casually said. “My blondie told me the other day and it looks like Chaeyeon didn’t like it at all.” Sakura shared.

Hyewon just shrugged and didn’t look surprised just like Chaewon whose mouth is widely opened.

“S-so you’re also dating the blondie? Unnie?” Chaewon asked again. Hyewon and Sakura both looked at Chaewon’s direction with an expressionless face. The two having a second thought if she really is their friend, how can she not know any of it?

“Kkura was just teaching the girl how to fight but you know how she’s whipped when it comes to blondes, I think it was one sided isn’t it?” Hyewon said and turned to the older girl with a teasing smile and Sakura just rolled her eyes. “Yah! Have some interest on us too! You’re always busy with your company and on Hitomi!” Hyewon scolded Chaewon.

She actually just said it jokingly because she only knew about these stuff from her informants and Sakura knowing the news about Minju is from other people too. Knowing stuff about each other became harder that they need other people to follow the others. Hyewon even clearly remembered how the three of them keep talking about stuff and comfortably sharing secrets when they were travelling. Sadly how it changed though, they started keeping and hiding secrets from each other.

“I should go now.” Hyewon said while checking her outfit.

“You’re not fully healed yet, where are you going?” Sakura been wanting to ask this since a while ago but she forgot. “You’re leaving Chaewon alone here?” She added.

“I shouldn’t be wasting time. I need to find Wonyoung and get Eunbi back. Obviously I can’t count on Chaewon to help me..” She then glanced at Chaewon who is still busy pouting because she was scolded. Sakura also look at Chaewon and the latter noticed this evil eyes looking at her so she looked at them too with a curious eyes. “She’s a weakling after all.” Hyewon continued and jokingly put a smirk on her lips and the two laughed at Chaewon. They really love teasing her..

Chaewon on the other hand can’t argue because it’s true. So she just covered her whole body with her blanket, she doesn’t want her unnies seeing her sulking because she knew that they will just again.

“I also need to go, where are you heading? I’ll drive you there, you’re still recovering.” Sakura said.

“I need to get some stuff on my place. Why are you suddenly being so nice?”

"Because this will be the last time. Okay, let's go.” Sakura said and Hyewon just faintly smiled. “Hey~ Chaewoooon, unnie’s leaving..” Sakura called for Chaewon and she just wave her hand goodbye.

On the way to Hyewon’s place, the drive was awfully quiet. The engine is the only thing you can hear inside the car and sometimes the sound of the two heavily sighing can be heard. Both aware that this may be the last time. This type of silence is quite deafening. 

“You told me a while ago..” Sakura bravely broke the silence. “You don’t understand why I keep taking Minju’s side.” She then heavily sighed and glanced at lane on her left to overtake the car in front of them. “You should know better, it’s the reason why we keep following her on killing the fallens after all.” She said.

“Ahh..” Hyewon reacted. She actually forgot about it and now that she remembers it she started playing with her fingers. Guilt written all over her face. “Thinking about it, I actually promised to help her too.” She whispered and look outside the window, she watch as raindrops are slowly falling and so she looked at the sky. It’s already dark and the rain is making things gloomy. “We killed a lot of fallen already but we didn’t accomplished our very first goal yet.” She added.

“Feeling guilty now?” Sakura asked and laughed a little. She only heard Hyewon sighed.

“Of course.. It’s a promise after all and I feel bad not fulfilling it.” She said and started removing her seatbelt when she noticed that they’re already near her place. “I might hate Minju now for trying to kill Eunbi.. But still, no one deserves what she’s been through.”

When the car stopped in front of her place Hyewon already opened the door and went out. Before closing the door she bends to look at Sakura, wearing a smile, she sincerely said “I might not be able to help her on her revenge anymore, I know she will succeed with you helping her. Fighting!”

 

 

--

 

 

Yujin stared at the familiar scene in front of her, the city lights that can be seen from Minju’s apartment. It was raining hard and the sound of the raindrops hitting the window was satisfying. She then looked down at Minju who is comfortably resting on the sofa making her lap as her pillow, sleeping, they’ve been in this position since she arrived earlier. Minju was silent since then but she’s been affectionate.

Yujin smiled when she remembered how Minju hugged her so tightly the moment she entered her place. She carefully brush Minju’s hair trying not to disturb her sleep, though she already know that the girl is just closing her eyes.

“Aren’t you going to look at the view?” Yujin asked. Minju sighed and looked at Yujin but the girl is staring outside. “It’s still pretty even though it’s raining.” Yujin added.

“It’s gloomy.” Minju answered and so Yujin looked at her, surprised that Minju was looking back at her. “I don’t like gloomy things.” Minju sadly said and then closed her eyes again.

“I heard what happened yesterday.” Yujin started.

“Hmmm.”

“Chaeyeon unnie told me everything.” Yujin remembered the little argument she had earlier with Chaeyeon. They’re supposed to just talk but the older girl keeps saying terrible things about Minju. Of course as always, she wants to hear Minju's side first.

“Did it scare you?” Minju said. Yujin smiled as she remembers that they had this kind of talk before, when she first find out about Minju being a mafia. “I know I asked you this before, but I’m just asking again just in case you changed your mind.” She added still her eyes closed.

Yujin noticed that Minju’s eyes were swollen, it looks like she was crying the whole time before she got here and didn’t get any sleep because it was dark under her eyes. Minju keeps wearing a sad face ever since Yujin arrived, she looks really troubled, even with Yujin being cute in front of her, smiles are nowhere to be seen.

A rare sight from Minju that made Yujin relief for making the right decision. The girl is obviously showing remorse from what she did..

Yujin ignored Minju’s question. Why answer a question that she already answered before? Nothing changed since then. “You shouldn’t have hurt your friends on the first place if you didn’t even liked doing it.” Yujin said not removing her gaze at her girlfriend. “Look at you now, you.. definitely still look stunning of course but I don’t want you wearing that sad face.” She added.

“They deserv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter