Secret Friend

Bad Dates Bad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay, I'll call you back later for details," Hyewon answered on her phone and then ended the call after it. She then looked at Eunbi who is currently watching her, not missing a single moment from her. Hyewon sighed and sits beside her lover.

"I need to go, it was Sakura.." Hyewon started.

After Sakura discovered that Chaewon has been abducted she immediately called Hyewon and Minju with excitement, though she didn't reach Minju.

"She's starting her silly games again and she wanted me to take part." Hyewon slowly explained. She may call it a silly game but this type of event excites her too, the hunting and the thrill, she can't deny that these things are necessities for her.

She's trying to hide it from Eunbi making it sound like she doesn't want to be a part of it. But Hyewon is after all a chaser, a huntress, and kills the fallen. She doesn't want to sound evil in front of Eunbi, a demon who likes torturing and a psycho who enjoys this stuff. Because it's an irony, Eunbi being a fallen.

"She said I have to be there, but you know... I don't really have to go. But then they might suspec---"

"Go."

"Huh?"

"You can go. I'm not stopping you." Eunbi said with a smile, sincerely telling Hyewon to go.

Eunbi on the other hand doesn't want her lover to change just because of their situation. She knew her from the very start, she knew her flaws, her imperfections, and even her thirst for fights, but she accepted all of those.

She held Hyewon's cheeks and slightly pinches them.

"C'mon love, do you think my love for you is something that can be swayed easily? You don't have to be afraid that I might hate you for enjoying those kinds of stuff." Eunbi stated as she's deeply staring at her lover's eyes. "I'll still love you even in your monstrous form." She added, meaning it that in a good way but Hyewon frowns.

"You think I'm a monster?" She pouts. Kinda disappointed that people actually thought they're some kind of monster.

Eunbi was quiet.

But Hyewon smiled, she doesn't like the silence and awkwardness that it brought. It is better not to talk about it and continue with what they usually do, pretending that they're both similar. 

"I should get going then," Hyewon said and gave Eunbi a kiss on the cheek. "Call me okay? Update me, if something is wrong tell me." She said and stood up to leave. She was about to get out when Eunbi called her.

"Hyewon.."

She turned to Eunbi, her lover just standing still looking at her. It seems like she has something to say but chose not to.

"Love, please be careful," Eunbi told her.

"Of course," Hyewon answered and then bid goodbye.

Once she got out, she took her phone and called Sakura again. She already decided where to search, what to do and how to make it fun. She already constructed a plan and it's giving her the adrenaline rush. 

"Where the heck are you?" Sakura asked as soon as she got the call from Hyewon. "Why is it so hard to contact you guys? Minju doesn't answer my calls, are you with her?" She asked. 

"I'm on my way to their hideout, I'll check if they're there. And no I'm not with Minju, maybe something urgent came up?" Hyewon answered as she's rushing to the parking lot. "I'll try and call her later, what's your plan by the way?" 

"I'm guarding my blondie not to rebel, geez! She's trying to change her hair to black!" Sakura exclaimed, Hyewon can't see her friend's expression but she can imagine what she looks like. Brows narrowed, pouty lips, and an actual feeling of anger. 

"Okay, keep guarding her then. Update me if you already find Chaewon.." Hyewon just entered her car and closed it, a smirk was written on her face. "Though it won't be necessary because I'll beat you to that. I'm going to find her first." She added, her competitiveness challenging her friend making the other one hissed on the other line. 

"Game on!" Sakura accepted it. 

A competition with her friends always makes their work more fun! Hyewon always makes sure to trigger both Minju and Sakura whenever they start hunting, why? Because it's how they play. 

"Just so you kno---" Hyewon ended the call because her friend will just boast and she doesn't have time to hear those, she quickly headed to the warehouse trying to gather some scores. 

She remembered to call Minju and so she did but the girl is not picking it up at all. It's ringing but no one is answering it. Hyewon thought about something and decided to call someone who might know where Minju is. 

She waits as she's only hearing it ring. 

"Oh?" Finally, someone picked up. "What's wrong?" A very deep voice answered the call. 

"Oppa.."

 

---


Yujin can't focus on her own serving of tteokbokki, she keeps staring at Minju's phone that is placed on the table. It keeps ringing and ringing and ringing but it looks like Minju doesn't plan on answering at all. Yujin already memorized the caller's name... It's someone whose name is Sakura and Hyewon. 

Those two keep calling the love of her life and Yujin can't help but be bothered. She then looked at Minju who is busily eating her own food, the girl looks like she starved for days, it's already her third serving of tteokbokki. 

RIIIING RIIIIIIING RIIIIIIING 

Yujin took a peek and saw the same name again. Hyewon unnie... 

"It seems urgent.." Yujin tried distracting Minju away from her food but the latter didn't hear her at all. She watched Minju being unbothered until the call ended, as soon as she thought that it was quiet another call came again! This time from Sakura unnie. 

All Yujin wanted was to eat peacefully with the love of her life, but obviously, the peaceful part didn't happen because of those calls, only Minju is feeling peace! She's driven into the world of tteokbokki and hasn't returned yet, Minju is enjoying her food that much!

RIIIIING RIIIIIIING RIIIIING [Hyewon unnie] 

"WOULD YOU PLEASE ANSWER IT!" Yujin burst and this time it definitely caught Minju's attention. She looks at Yujin with full of her food and she paused chewing just to check why is the kid in front of her throwing tantrums. "IT'S BEEN RINGING AND RINGING FOR A COUPLE OF TIMES NOW!" Yujin added annoyed. 

Minju then looked at her phone ringing, seeing her friends called her almost a hundred times now. Looks like they already knew about Chaewon and the game started, but Minju just continued eating her food comfortably knowing that her friends need her.

She wiped her lips and drinks water.

"Kid, you need to check your temper... It seems unstable." Minju said and raised her hand to ask for another serving, it only made Yujin surprised thinking where did all those food go? Why isn't she full yet? "Are you having a hard time managing your anger?" Minju then proceeded on chatting.

"I'm fine! It's just... Your phone is so annoying, can't you just turn it to a silent mode?" Yujin said. She saw Minju take her phone and busily manage it.

"I can't put it on a silent mode because I might miss some important calls. But I'll turn the volume down." Minju said while adjusting her volume, she then place it back on the table again.

Yujin can now eat her food comfortably.

"I must say, this technique of yours is really effective on buying time. Dragging me into this place.." Minju admitted. She fell in love with the food, she didn't know street foods are this delicious, it took her by surprise.

"This is not a technique on buying some time... This is me trying to win a prize," Yujin said.

"What prize?"

"You." 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"I'm saying this for your sake. Kid, you shouldn't say stuff like that to people, especially to me, if you want to live." Minju threatened the flirting Yujin. 

Riiiiiing riiiiing riiiiing [Sakura unnie] 

"It's true though, I brought you here to at least get on your good side! And it's a success because obviously, you've fallen in love with the teokkbokki!" Yujin exclaimed. Still being annoyed by Minju's phone ringing.

"Why are you suddenly raising your voice?" Minju asked the teenager in front of her.

"It's because!" Yujin paused and looked at Minju with those sad puppy eyes. "You should fall for me, not the food." She whispered pouting.

Minju watched as Yujin slightly bows her head and a grumpy expression dominates her face, just like a kid who didn't get what she wants.

Riiiiiing riiiiing riiiing [Hyewon unnie] 

"And I'm not a kid, does it look like I'm smaller than you?" Yujin whispered, it's meant to be unsaid and just remained as a thought but she's annoyed and it came out. 

Minju heard it and giggled.

Riiiiing riiiing riiiiiing [Sakura unnie]

"Why are you laughing?" Yujin asked the love of her life who keeps laughing. 

"Hahaha."

"Yahh~ Are you laughing at me?" Yujin asked pouting.

"Hahaha."

"Minju unnie.." Yujin called feeling a bit sad because she doesn't know why is the girl laughing at her. But Minju hearing the word unnie immediately stopped and looked at her seriously.

"I told you not to call me unnie."

Riiiing riiiing riiiing [Hyewon unnie] 

Gladly Minju's food arrived and it made her feel better again, she started digging in like it's her first meal of the day. Yujin on the other hand felt a little disappointed and also focuses on her own food.

Minju noticed the sad puppy in front of her.

"You're just being cute... That's why I'm laughing." Minju explained.

Hearing this made Yujin feel butterflies, her cheeks turning bright red and a little smile can be seen but she didn't let Minju see those because her head is facing her own food.

But the other girl noticed how it fluttered her. 

"Yujin-ah," Minju called.

Hearing Minju calls for her she immediately looked at her excitedly with a smile that cannot be wiped out from her face. She's like a puppy waiting for an order from her owner.

Minju sighed.

"Yujin-ah.." She said again this time she avoided looking at her and keeps playing with the food in front of her. "Do you like me that much?" She asked in a very serious tone.

"YE----"

"Don't." Minju interrupted her by telling her answer. "You should stop liking me, Yujin-ah." She added.

Yujin was quiet for some time. 

"Wh--?" 

Riiiiing riiiiing riiiiing [Unregistered number] 

Yujin wants to ask the reaso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter