The Reunion

Bad Dates Bad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The news about Minju’s father death spread in the whole empire after his body discovered at Minjae’s unit. This uproar made the boards to have an emergency meeting concluding that Minjae and Hyewon as a fallen, making them the most wanted criminals in the mafia world.

“Minju please answer my calls..” Sakura whispered under her breath. It’s already morning and she only saw the news the moment she woke up. After preparing to go out she took her car keys and went out of her room.

While waiting for the elevator she continued calling her friends. Even Hyewon and Chaewon are not answering their phones.

Ding!

The elevator opened and she was surprised to see her blondie. “Chaeyeon?” She called the girl who seemed dazed and didn’t notice the door opening.

Chaeyeon looked at Sakura and her eyes are being filled with tears as soon as she laid eyes on her. She came here to ask for another favor, asking for help.. She’s not even sure if it’s alright to ask for help from a mafia, funny because the one who took her friend is also one of them..

“What’s wrong?” Sakura asked. She entered the elevator, still worrying about Minju and she needs to be with her, she shouldn’t be wasting time now. The doors closed with Chaeyeon still being silent. “Hey..” She worriedly calls for the other girl’s attention.

Chaeyeon avoided Sakura’s stare, she’s frustrated at the same time. She doesn’t want to admit it but she really needs Sakura right now. Asking her for another help is like throwing her pride away (though she already did since she asked her to teach her before) but she’s all she’s got.

‘Look at me depending on a mafia when I’m the one who keeps telling my friends to stay away from them.’ She thought and can’t help but to shed tears.

“I won’t understand what those tears meant if you won’t tell me what’s going on.” Sakura said. She already has a lot of things to do and reading minds is not her thing today. “I’m already busy looki—“

“Help me..” Chaeyeon whispered. She wiped her tears away and looked at Sakura. “That bastard took Nako, I don’t know why we’re suddenly being targeted but that guy took my friend.” She added.

“That guy?”

“Minju’s –“

Sakura already understand the situation and she can’t believe that Minjae will have to play so dirty that he has to include Chaeyeon’s gang.

“I think he already decided to die.” Sakura said and sighed, she once again dialed Minju’s number hoping she will answer already. “You know where he took your friend?” She asked Chaeyeon.  The girl shook her head telling her she doesn’t know.

“I think it’s my fault, letting Yujin meet Kim Minju. I should have stopped her, it’s only bringing us bad luck..” Sakura watched Chaeyeon being troubled with her thoughts.

As Minju’s friend, it was hard for Sakura to listen to this. Making it sound like Minju bewitched their little friend, Yujin, and being a really bad influence to her. Sakura herself doesn’t even know how serious or what kind of relationship those two have but she knows Minju isn’t the type who makes rush decisions and she doesn’t let the people she loves suffer.

It’s true that Yujin’s friends are being an easy target by Minju’s enemy and using them as her weakness. This is one more reason why people like them should stay away from regular people.

Sakura sighed.

“She even left last night and I think she’s with Minju again..” Chaeyeon whispered. Sakura’s face light up.

“Call your friend right now, ask them where they are. Minju is not answering her phone..” Sakura told her, Chaeyeon looked at Sakura with curiosity and a little frustration. ‘Is looking for Minju more important than my Nako’s life?’ She thought. Sakura noticed this and sighed again.

“Don’t worry I’m going to help you..” She said while looking straight at the girl. “Believe it or not, we’re having the same problem right now. We’ll get your friend but for now I need to find Minju.” She said.

“Same problem?”

Ding!

They both get out of the elevator and went to the parking space where Sakura’s car is. Chaeyeon following the hope she has. When they both entered the car Sakura started explaining.

“WHAT?!” Chaeyeon exclaimed. “So that’s the reason why he took one of our friends.. He must have a death wish..” She added.

“So please call Yujin, ask her if she really is with Minju.” Sakura said and started the engine.

“I feel bad for her losing her father but it’s still doesn’t feel right, my friends being used..” She whispered while tapping on her phone, Sakura heard this but she choose not to talk. She only glance at her blondie who has her phone on her ears now, waiting for her call to be answered.

Sakura knew this already and she kinda feel bad about it.

“Yujin!” Chaeyeon exclaimed as the girl answered her calls after the third time. She noticed Sakura’s curious eyes so she turned her phone on speaker. “Where are you?” She asked.

“Chaeyeon unnie..” Yujin sounded different and the older girl noticed this. She sounds exhausted and really down.

“Are you okay?” Chaeyeon once again asked. The girl on the other line seems like not in a state to answer properly. “Are you with Minju?” She asked again.

“N-no..” Yujin answered from the other line. “Minju left after receiving the news..” She added.

Sakura and Chaeyeon looked at each other, it will be harder to look for Minju now. “Do you know where she went?” This time Sakura is the one who asked.

“I don’t know..” Yujin answered again. “She left.. I don’t know where she went.” Yujin answering like a robot.

Sakura hissed.

“You should’ve followed her, what the hell are you even doing? You should’ve stayed by her side and comforting her! You shouldn’t let her wander around when she’s in a state of shock—“ Sakura has a lot to say but she was stopped by Chaeyeon who is eyeing on her.

The two were busy arguing by just their stares when they heard Yujin sobbing.

“I’m sorry unnie..” Yujin said in between her sobs. “I-i got s-scared..”

Both of them was quiet at what they heard..

“Minju was so angry about what happened that she immediately stormed out..” Yujin added.

‘Angry..’ Sure it’s normal to feel that after what happened but not for Minju. Sakura can understand Yujin for saying she’s scared after seeing Minju like that.. She bite her nails feeling a little anxious, being angry means Minju being ruthless.

“Where are you Yujin?” Chaeyeon asked again, she on the other hand don’t understand why Yujin suddenly feeling scared so she got worried.

“At Minju’s place.” Yujin shortly answered.

“Stay there okay? We’ll come get you.” Chaeyeon said while looking at Sakura, asking if it’s okay and Sakura just nodded. She doesn’t even know where to look for Minju, she might find a clue by talking with Yujin.

 

--

 

At the same time, Minjae is sitting quietly in the dark. He went to one of their company’s warehouse and hides himself.

Still he doesn’t have a concrete plan in his mind. His thoughts are all over the place. Why am i sitting here quietly? Am i waiting for someone? Am i expecting someone to come? He laughed after having these thoughts in his mind. Hopeless.

No matter how he evaluates his situation, he’ll be ending dead. Waiting for my own death.. Not bad. He thought.

“U-uhmm.. sir?”

Minjae looked at the girl who spoke, she’s tied on a chair. She was just sleeping a while ago and now she already woke up. Nako who finds herself in this situation can’t help but to feel scared.

“I’m thirsty..” Nako carefully said.

Minjae stared at the little girl for a long time. Nako gulped because of it. ‘I’m just really thirsty..’ She thought.

Minjae sighed and went to the staff’s office and brought a bottle of water. He untie the rope from Nako’s arms so she can drink on her own. He then went back to sitting at the corner.

“Thank you..” Nako said and then drinks. After it she put the bottle down and look at him who is seriously staring at the gun he’s holding. “You’re so nice for giving me wate--” She carefully said but.. 

“Don’t push it kid. I’m far from being nice.” Minjae cut off Nako’s sentence. “Look I even tied you there.” He added and pointed at Nako using his gun.

Nako would be lying if she says that action didn’t scare her at all, she almost thought the man will pull the trigger, she almost fainted. But she didn’t want the man to notice that she’s being scared. Come to think of it, she’s been in a situation like this before.. Though she’s the one looking out for the hostage, the CEO. ‘Let’s get our charms working again Nako-ya!’ The little girl thought.

“May I ask why you’re doing this?” Nako bravely asked again. “Did I do something wrong to you, perhaps?” She added.

Minjae got annoyed but when he saw his hostage asking with those innocent smile and curious eyes he can’t help but to sigh. ‘How can I get angry with her?’ He put his gun at his back and faced Nako’s direction, still sitting.

“You’re a curious one huh?” He said gently.

‘Yosh! My charms are still working!’ Nako thought. ‘My Lesson 101- How not to get killed: Act like Nako!.. Absolutely Works!’

Nako only smiled as she saw the man smiling a little. “Mister, why did you abduct me? We don’t have enough money because we just bought a house. My friends are broke too.” She said.

Minjae laughed a little.

He bitterly smiled. “Because I am dying soon.” He answered making the little one raise her brow. “I don’t know actually, what I did is practically a suicide.” He added.

“Y-you’re dying?” Nako asked. ‘Does it mean I’m dying too?!’ and ‘He said suicide.. So, will he kill me then kill himself?! Oh how unlucky am i? Why does it have to be me? Accompanying this suicidal dude until his death??’ These thoughts of hers can’t control her face, she started sweating because of it and Minjae noticed the little one gulping.

“We’ve met before, don’t you remember me?” Minjae asked. “At the abandoned building before, when you abduct our friend? Chaewon?” He added helping Nako to remember him.

Nako’s eyes and mouth turned to O’s..

“oh.. oH!.. OHHH!” She exclaimed as she slowly remember him. The brother of Hyewon who beat her friends! The guy who’s holding Minju that time! “M-Mop..yah!!” She shouts as she started feeling really scared now. Her impression to them is really not good that’s why she’s really frightened now..

“Mop..ya?” Minjae tilted his head to the side, not understanding what it means..

“I mean mafia.. I’m sorry, I got scared that I mispronounced it.” Nako apologizes and it made the man smiled even more. “Did you abduct me because my friend is dating Kim Minju now? I’m sorry please let me go.. I actually opposed it when I heard about it please.. Don’t kill me..” Nako started begging.

She even felt bad saying she opposed it when she already accepted Yujin’s decision just last night..

“N-no..” Minjae was flustered when he saw Nako shaking in fear. “Kid, don’t be scared.. I’m not gonna hurt you.” He said carefully.

“But you said a while ago that you’re not nice..”

“Oh well.. about tha--”

“And you said you’re far from being it..”

“Heh--” Minjae can’t find the right words now to make the little one calm down. ‘She must be really scared of us..’ He thought. He just scratched the back of his he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter