Revenge

Bad Dates Bad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I am going to tell you my plans Yujin-ah and I want you to listen carefully. I am going to help them.” Yujin watched Minju who’s looking straight at her. “Trust me on this.” She added.

“Wait Minju, I’m a bit confused..” Yujin said and scratched her head in embarrassment, what Minju said is actually a good thing but she can’t understand this sudden plan that Minju is talking about..

Minju gave her a sweet smile.

“This is me appealing myself to you. So you won’t be scared to me..” Minju said and grabbed Yujin’s arm and pulled her back to the living room and make her sit at the sofa. “But there’s this one thing that might make you hate me, there’s this really really bad thing that I must do that you can’t even change my mind about it. Can you listen? I want you to at least know the reason behind my revenge.. And then I’ll tell you my plans about helping my friends after.” She then sits beside her.

“Revenge?” Yujin asked and Minju only gave her another smile.

 

 

“I brought you food, I don’t know if you like onigiri though.” Little Sakura said having trouble entering Minju’s room while holding a tray full of foods. “I swear this is delicious, it’s my favorite.” She said as soon as she put down the tray in front of Minju.

The other girl was just staring blankly outside the door, she can barely sit down now but her wounds are still painful even with little movement. It’s been three days since her father leave her here to hunt for her mother.

Sakura notice how dull, blank and deadly Minju’s stares are. She never even heard the girl speak even once and it’s starting to worry her, she heard what happened to her from Minju’s father while he’s talking to her father. Sakura eavesdropping again.

 

‘She took Minju here in Tokyo, hide and starved her for 3 days, hell I don’t even want to think what she did to her during those time. When I managed to rescue her..’ Sakura watched Minju’s father from the little opening of the door of her father’s room. He stopped for a while just to cover his mouth for it’s getting hard for him to speak because of the anger he’s feeling. ‘She’s.. tied up in a chair. It’s winter but she’s only wearing light clothes and barefooted. My little girl was unconscious because of the wounds she received, bathing on her own blood and she’s dying.’ The man held his own hand because it’s shaking too much because of anger.

‘I will take my men, my wife managed to escape but I’m sure she’s still here in Tokyo and I’m going to look for her.’ Sakura didn’t finished listening because she felt awful about what happened to Minju.

 

‘How can her mother do that to her?’ Sakura thought as she’s looking at Minju staring outside, probably waiting for her father.

“You should eat, I’m sure Mr. Kim will come back soon.” She said and offered her some food but Minju only looked at her soullessly. It was actually scary but Minju removed her gaze to her when she heard the rain started pouring outside, she’s only staring at the gloomy atmosphere.

It continued about a week, Minju not speaking, barely eating and always staring outside waiting for her father. Sakura on the other hand even being ignored by the younger girl she continued staying beside her.

Sakura wanted to ask a lot of things, like how is she feeling or maybe what she’s thinking right now because after the first time she woke up and cried she never cried again after that  and just having this scary expression all the time.

That night, Minju’s father arrived, even with her father coming back she’s still wearing a stoic expression. Mr. Kim was welcomed with Minju just staring at her. He kneeled in front of her and pat her head carefully avoiding her wounds, he smiled at her, expecting her daughter to do the same like she usually do but Minju is still wearing a poker face. It pained the man watching all the happiness left Minju because of what she went through.

Mr. Kim asked Minju a lot of question but she never answered him but still Minju keeps staring at him. He even tried cheering up her daughter but nothing is working.

“Is she dead?” The very first words that Minju uttered. “If you want me to feel better, tell me you killed her.” Minju added with a monotonous tone.

Minju intently stare at her father, waiting for an answer. All this time, this is what’s running in Minju’s mind. She can’t wait to hear that the woman who hurt her is dead, that’s all she’s been wanting.

Mr. Kim on the other hand was surprised, ‘dead’ and ‘killed’, he didn’t expect her daughter speaking these words at a very young age, she’s even barely four and it’s scary for a little girl anticipating for someone’s death.

“Did you kill her?” Minju asked once again.

Flustered and doesn’t know what to do.. Mr. Kim nodded as a response. Slowly this answer made Minju genuinely happy and started smiling, she’s also crying but it was tears of joy.

“That’s all I need to know. I feel better and it feels like my wounds are all healed now.” She said and her mood changes quickly to being vibrant. The girl didn’t even mourned for her mother’s death.

 

 

“My mother was influenced by other organizations and was convinced that my father must fall. Making her a..” Minju stopped and made Yujin answer.

“A fallen..” Yujin whispered. She then took Minju’s arm and look at her scars, thinking that her own mother did this to her. ‘How cruel’ she thought.

“She used me as a bargaining chip to my dad, my life or the company. But of course my father can save both, making him the strongest man in the empire.” Minju said, smiling while talking about her father. “Can you blame me for celebrating when I heard my mother died? I rejoiced and was really glad about her dying.” Minju asked.

Yujin understanding what Minju went through, she agreed that maybe celebrating about someone else’s death is fine.. But somehow it feels odd, she grew up knowing that every deaths must be mourned or be respected.

“Strangely after that.. i started having an interest about the fallens. Everytime I hear about a news of them being killed, my wounds are healing better. I can’t feel the pain anymore just by hearing about someone else’s death.” Minju explained. “I noticed that something’s wrong with me but I just ignored it, as long as I’m feeling better and forgetting about what happened to me, it’s fine.” She added.

Minju took a glance at Yujin, afraid that this story might scare her more but the latter held her hands tightly and gave her an assuring smile.

“People started calling me ruthless.. saying that I don’t have sympathy for the fallens. I agree though since it’s true.” Minju said. “I keep telling myself it’s fine since I’m only watching and not the one killing them.. but not until 10 years ago.” She added.

“I figured that my father didn’t actually killed the woman who I really hated, turns out my dad was a romantic type. He faked killing her, announced that she’s dead so that no one will hunt her and that she can hide peacefully.” Yujin felt how Minju’s hand started shaking and so she held it tightly knowing that Minju is angry.

She can’t even hate her father at what he did, Minju understood that he only lied to her because it will be the only thing that can calm her down before. He did it for her sake, but it didn’t change the fact that he lied. At a young age Minju started traveling reasons are: because she’s avoiding her father and because she was scared about her mother being alive again.

“Knowing that she’s alive, I can’t help but to feel scared again. I remembered everything she did to me and it feels like I’m experiencing that horror again. At first I keep traveling because I wanted to avoid her.. But at some point, I suddenly swapped feeling scared to feeling brave.” Minju continued.

Her friends are getting worried about her hiding herself in the dark again and so they promised to help, Sakura and Hyewon only them knew about Minju’s past, the two promised to help her execute her mother, the only thing that can actually make her feel peace is the death of the person she hates most. So they started traveling together and started killing fallens too.

“Killing for the first time actually felt better, confidence is starting to build up as I continue on that dark path and it feels euphoric.” Minju laughed a little upon realizing how she expressed the feeling of killing, she feels like a complete psychopath using words like that.

Yujin on the other hand is slowly understanding Minju’s origin. She is indeed bad but she can’t completely judge and hate her about it because she went through a lot.

“Revenge made me evil, Yujin-ah.” Minju confessed and then looked down. “I’m only supposed to kill only one, only her, but killing other fallen is inevitable especially when we found fun on doing it. It was fun.” She added.

“You know what’s funny?” Minju asked.

“Hmmm?”

“I actually thought I am doing a right thing, living in a mafia world and killing those fallen is a righteous thing to do. But then I met you..”

Yujin smiled.

“It feels like encountering another person who came from another planet.” Minju said and laughed, even Yujin laughed at how Minju explained it. “It was cute seeing your gang feeling like you all are the baddest people out there for simply stealing stuff, I don’t even know where your confidence are coming from!” Minju laughed again while Yujin started getting embarrassed.

“Stop, you’re starting to tease me again!” Yujin said sensing that Minju will continue on laughing again.

“I started feeling weird things when your friends started getting scared because of us being a Mafia but there you are.. pursuing me.” Minju said and then looked at Yujin who is now smiling like a fool. “It feels weird because you’re not actually judging me on what I do, you’re not even telling me to stop with my evil acts.. You’re only there supporting and listening to me.”

“You’re so stubborn Yujin-ah that you’re even having a fight with your friends because of me. Me myself don’t even know why you keep defending me when all I did is be the bad person here. And because of that some of them don’t understand you.” Minju said.

“Who’s some of them?” Yujin curiously asked.

“Some of the readers…”

“It’s not my fault.” Yujin answered and looked at the author.

 

A/N: *sweats nervously*

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter