The Bank

Bad Dates Bad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Listen, guys, this is very important," Chaeyeon called for the attention of her four friends who are actually all sitting on an old and ripped sofa placed at the very center of their little warehouse.

She stands in front of them and looked around their very humble hideout, after a very serious decision she points at the space at the right corner.

"I'm sorry but I need you guys to keep out of that place." She said in a very serious tone.

Everyone was confused at the sudden proclaim of territory.

"Why? That's a space for our next collections." Yujin asked.

"Not anymore! I'm going to make that as my kitchen space." She announced, everyone was quiet at first but after that silence, they were frantically thinking of a spot to put their things.

"Okay, then on the left I'll put may karaoke there," Yuri said.

"I kinda need the sofa for my gaming tools... Can I just put it here in front?" Yena asked Chaeyeon while pointing at where she's standing. She just gave her a thumbs-up as an answer.

"And Nako can use some space there, gosh! I'm so excited it's my dream remodeling our hideout!" Chaeyeon excitedly proclaims. 

The gang started throwing their ideas, some are even ridiculous, but half a billion can make and do ridiculous things! 

Yujin looked at that one corner where an old and rusty piece of the car was just dumped there. It has no wheels, no glasses on the windows, and even a missing door at one side, she smiled as she remembers something.

"No one touches that." She said, actually using her authority with toning her voice lower.

"Of course no one dares to touch your bedroom, boss," Yena said pouting, and then continued with the brainstorming.

Yujin was deep in thoughts and said something that killed the gang's excitement.

"It's been 2 days since she said she'll deliver the money... But nothing's coming." She mumbles.

They were like puppies waiting that evening when the girl said she'll deliver money but morning comes and their eyes went dry from waiting. Then another day passes and still nothing.

"Boss! Do you think they tricked us?" Yuri asked, panicking a little.

Yujin noticed how worried was plastered on her friends faces. She started feeling anxious thinking that maybe they really got tricked. As their leader, she won't let this situation tarnish their gang reputation.

"What should we do boss?" Nako looked up at Yujin with her eyes being teary and looking like a kid who's trying not to cry.

"Check the bag! We might see something that may lead us to where they are." She commanded, Yuri and Yena immediately searched for the purse they snatched last time.

"We're going to attack?" Chaeyeon asked Yujin whispering. "Remember, they completely defeated us last time.." Reminding her about the 30 seconds defeat they had last time.

"What? Huh? Who lost? Us?" Yujin feigning ignorance. 

It was indeed embarrassing, but Yujin is actually having an ulterior motive. Hoping to catch that someone who stole her heart.

"Here! A business card! It has the address.." Yuri ran towards them while waving a small piece of paper in her hand. Yujin took the paper and read it. 

"Alright, team! We're going!" She said. 

"To the batmobile!" 

"Stop being excited, we're walking. We don't even have a car."

"Can we at least commute? That's really far."

"Sure, fair enough."

----


Chaewon was busily signing some papers in her office room at work, trying to catch up with the time she lost while looking for the flash drive.

"Heyyyy.."

She ignored that whispered and held her head instead to make herself more focused.

"Chaewon-ah, what are you doing?"

"Kkura unnie please stop bothering her," Minju told Sakura who has her elbow leaning at Chaewon's desk with her head resting on her palms. 

"Ehhh." Sakura stands up properly and stretches her body. "I'm getting boooored, I didn't know it would take them this long," Sakura said and went to the sofa next to Hyewon who's busily playing at her phone. 

Sakura was talking about them who keeps coming back to Chaewon's company, waiting for those street bandits. She personally asked Chaewon not to give the money... yet, because she wants entertainment while they're here in Korea. 

"Blondie~~blondie~~ what's taking you so loongg?" She said it like she's singing a song. She rests her head back on the sofa staring at the ceiling.

"Those are just a bunch of kids, wannabes, and show-offs. I can't believe we're wasting our time waiting for them to come." Hyewon stated while her focus is still on her game.

"Isn't it cute though? Them thinking they can beat us easily?" Minju laughed as she remember their faces full of confidence at the start then chickens out in the end.

"Hahaha with all those bats and sticks!" Sakura joins her in mocking them.

"And they're stealing junks! It's not even gold, tsk tsk." Hyewon.

The three of them started chatting about Yujin's gang, making fun of them and so on, slowly making Chaewon angry.

"Their boss thought she can intimidate me by her height! So hilarious!" Minju's laughing while saying it. "And then when---"

"STOP! Please silence!" Chaewon exclaimed making the three froze in their places. "Minju please! Enough!" She added.

The group was silenced because of Chaewon exploding. 

Minju feels like she was wronged, she's actually the one toning down the two previously because of their silly antics and now that she just joined them for a bit she got scolded.

"I'm sorry." Minju apologized.

She noticed how Chaewon treats her for the past years, it's like they're really friends but Chaewon keeps her distance from her. Minju has been working on making her relationship with her more open just like with Hyewon and Sakura but she felt like Chaewon was putting a big wall between them.

"I'm trying to work, guys, please." She added and then proceeded on working again.

The atmosphere went cold all of a sudden. Hyewon went back to playing her phone and Sakura keeps staring at the ceiling.

"I need to go, it's time for my lessons," Minju said and excused herself out.

The three were left, still with a silence covering them.

"You're taking out your anger to Minju a lot lately." Sakura breaks the silence, she's talking to Chaewon but it looks like Chaewon heard nothing. "She helped you get your flash drive back but you treated her coldly." She added.

There was a long-dead air between them before Chaewon answered.

"I didn't treat her coldly, I even thanked her." She said.

"Yeah, thank her then back to ignoring her again." Hyewon turned off her phone and looked at Chaewon seriously. "You're still mad at her aren't you?" She asked and it made Chaewon stop writing and drop her pen.

"I am not." She answered not looking at her friends.

"Oh, so this is still about her?" Sakura said making Chaewon give her death glares. "It's been 3 years! Minju was just doing her job!" She unintentionally made her voice raise.

Sakura promised her loyalty to Minju and seeing Chaewon disrespecting her because of some silly memories made her blood boil.

Hyewon immediately stepped in when she noticed Sakura's temper is taking over her own mind. 

"She was a fallen, Chaewon-ah. And it's the right thing that Minju executed her." Hyewon calmly said.

Chaewon felt her heartaches by just remembering what happened. Tears started filling her eyes but she contains them and looked at her side to stop them from flowing. It is indeed 3 years already but to her, the wounds are not healed yet.

"Hitomi is not a fallen, she was wrongly accused. She can never do that to the empire. I knew her." She said, her voice cracking.

"Are you aware that defending a fallen makes you an accomplice to them?" Sakura said, she's been tolerating Chaewon for mourning Hitomi's death for too long now because she's a friend, but what she's doing is a great crime in their world.

"Defending? Who am I even defending in this state? She's already dead. And Minju killed her." Bitterness was heard in Chaewon's voice and after saying that she went back to signing papers again.

---

 

Meanwhile...

"Do you think they're vampires?" Yena asked Yuri who is walking just beside her. "They move so fast!"

"Vampires don't exist my love. In my opinion, they're real-life Naruto's." Yuri answered.

Chaeyeon who is walking ahead of them and hearing their conversation smiled like a mother. She checks the quietest one, Nako, busily eating her mint choco ice cream.

"Does it taste good?" She asked.

Nako just nodded. They've been walking for hours now and Nako started whining a while ago so Chaeyeon brought her ice cream to make her feel better.

Chaeyeon then looked at her front, she saw Yujin who looks very determined at finding the building. She's walking fast telling the others that they might miss the money. It's been so long since she saw her work hard like this.

"We're here!" Yujin shouted when she suddenly stopped.

The group was astounded at the height of the building in front of them. Yena even thought for a second if it's a modern tower of babel. It is so high that it will break your neck looking at the top.

"Wooaaah." Everyone exclaimed.

"This shows that half a billion is just a penny to her," Chaeyeon stated, she knew that those groups of g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter