Chapter 9

Avengers of Kpop

Meanwhile... 3rd day at Russia...

 

The shooting of the new MV went good and they are done just before lunchtime.

 

Solar: Yay! Finally!

 

Solar exclaimed as she stretched out her arms in the air.

 

Taeyeon: Great job everyone!

 

Mina went to her and hugged her.

 

Mina: Unnie, thank you very much! That really encouraged me a lot!

 

Taeyeon just hugged her back.

 

Taeyeon: Sure. No problem. I'm glad it energized you.

 

Irene and Lia: Group Hug!!

 

They just hugged as a group and it brought smiles to their faces including the staff and BoA.

 

BoA: This group isn't such a bad idea after all.

 

BoA uttered softly.

 

They have the whole afternoon until evening to relax and sleep at their hotels after they had their lunch.

 

Early in the evening, Lisa thought of a game for them to get to know each other better and she told Taeyeon about it.

 

The girls were just lying on the bed, watching some videos, scrolling the social media and some were arranging their things as Taeyeon looked around. In short, they are in their own little worlds.

 

Taeyeon stood at the center and clapped her hands a couple of times to get their attention.

 

Taeyeon: Alright. Stop what you're doing. Let's gather up.  

 

They all looked at her and slowly went at the center.

 

Lia: Is there something wrong, unnie?

 

Taeyeon: No. Not at all. But I thought maybe it's a good suggestion for us to get to know each one better since we are a collab group from different companies.

 

Solar raised her hand.

 

Solar: To be honest, I kinda feel jealous of you guys. I'm the only artist sent to represent our company. Though I already knew most of you by your groups and songs, it's still different if you have someone to accompany you.

 

Mina: Don't worry about it. I believe that one advocacy that this collab group was formed is to develop camaraderie among us who belong to different companies.

 

Mina held her hand and smiled reassuringly.

 

Lia: Well, I do feel fortunate and thankful to be chosen but I feel too inferior to you guys. That's what I thought during our first meeting. Our group is still a newbie compared to your groups. We still have a lot to learn.

 

Taeyeon: Lia, you know what, I'm actually a fan of ITZY especially Dalla Dalla. I believe your group has a lot of potential.

 

Her face brightened up and she felt shy by Taeyeon's words.

 

Lia: Ohhh, thank you unnie. That makes my heart warm. 

 

Lisa: Jennie and I weren't close before. We only see each other during our training days. When Blackpink was formed, that was when we grew close and known each other more.

 

Jennie: Agreed. I didn't know that Lisa is very well spoken in English before Blackpink because she's just quiet and too focused on practices.

 

Lisa: I guess I'm just too serious when I'm practicing. Hahaha. Jennie and I would be willing to teach English if you want to.

 

Lia: I can help too!

 

Taeyeon: Wow, we got a lot of English tutors here. That's so nice of you to offer.

 

The room suddenly became a bit noisy because the other girls started to become excited about it.

 

Irene: I got something for everyone. It's an encouragement bottle. I got it as a present last Christmas. I thought of sharing the positivity with you all.

 

One by one they picked a piece of paper and it put smiles on their faces.

 

Solar: Thanks, Irene. It made me feel better.

 

Solar said as she went near her and hugged her.

 

Irene: Yeah. Sure. Can I just say this? They said that you are intimidating.

 

Solar let go of the hug and looked at her.

 

Solar: For real? Well, that's everyone's first impression of me and it just saddens me.

 

Irene: You know what, I don't believe in rumors. I believe that you're really nice and warm.

 

Then she just showed her bright smile towards her.

 

Solar: Thanks. I really thought SM artists are hard to approach but that changed now.

 

She then did a high five with Irene and Taeyeon.

 

Suddenly, loud music was heard. Everyone became quiet for a while and wondered.

 

Then Lia suddenly rushed towards her bed and searched for her phone underneath the blanket. It was her alarm ringing. She quickly turned it off and sighed.

 

Everyone was looking at her when she walked back towards their gathering in the middle.

 

Lia: Is there something wrong?

 

She asked while going back where she was seated.

 

Mina: Oh nothing really. I just thought your ringtone sounded familiar.

 

Solar: It sounded like... SuperM's Jopping.

 

Lisa: Right! That was Mark Lee's iconic rap!

 

She agreed and smiled forcibly.

 

Lia: Yeah... I just find it very cool so I set it as my phone's alarm.

 

Taeyeon: Hmmm, I heard both of you were born in Canada?

 

Lia: Yes. We were actually neighbors back then.

 

Jennie: What? Really? So you guys are childhood friends or something?

 

Lia: Yes but I don't think he still remembers me. It's been years already and I look different back then. I just found out one day that they moved to Korea all of a sudden.

 

Solar: Have you guys met again after that?

 

Lia shook her head. "Nope."

 

Lisa: Awwwee, that . Your love story should continue.

 

Lia's eyes widened and she felt surprised by her words. "W-What are you talking about, unnie? We're not like that."

 

Taeyeon: One way or another you guys will eventually meet since we're just in the same industry. I'm just amazed that you two ended up to be idols.

 

Mina: Destiny, I guess? Ayeeee.

 

Lia: Unnieeee. It's embarrassing. 

 

Lisa: Haha. I'm sorry. We're just making fun of you since you're the maknae here.

 

Taeyeon: Okay. Okay. Stop it. There's nothing wrong with two close friends meeting again, right?

 

All: Okaayy.

 

They all responded with a malicious tone and Taeyeon just shook her head.

 

 

 

 

"I'll miss you." 

 

Lucas said as he hugged Hara. He was accompanied by Taemin and Taeyong that time. The three of them were wearing caps and masks for disguise just in case fans might spot them.

 

They are currently at Incheon airport early in the morning since Hara is going back to Japan. 

 

Hara: I'll miss you too, my not-so-little brother. Don't worry so much about me. I'll be fine now. Also, Jaejoong oppa offered to help me with my career there.

 

Lucas: Wow. I didn't know you have a big time comrade. Alright. You take care.

 

They finally bid goodbye to each other as Hara went in before the final call was made.

 

Taeyong: Hey, you better treat us breakfast later since we woke up too early for you.

 

Taemin: Right. *yawns and looked at his watch* It's still 4 AM you know.

 

Lucas just laughed and held their shoulders. "Sure. Thank you hyungs for this huge favor. You know that she's my dearest noona." 

 

They headed immediately towards Taemin's car and went on the road. They passed by the area where passengers who have just landed would wait for a taxi or private service. 

 

Taemin noticed some airplane crew crossing the pedestrian lane together with some passengers so they stopped for a while. He noticed the flight attendants followed behind. His attention was caught when he saw Na Eun pulling her trolley bag.

 

Passengers are continually crossing so their car still can't move. His eyes were just observing her.

 

Taeyong: Wow. I never thought that it will be this crowded at this hour. I'm sleepy. *yawns*

 

Taemin: Taeyong, maybe you want to sit at the back with Lucas.

 

Taeyong's tired eyes looked at him confused. "Huh? Why?"

 

Taemin: Uhm, you know it'll be more comfortable for you if you want to sleep.

 

Taeyong: Good idea. I'm really sleepy.

 

He immediately moved towards the back and sit beside Lucas then closed his eyes. Lucas was already sleeping at that time.

 

Na Eun was left alone and was trying to get some taxi but they were all full every time she tries to get one. She looked anxious as well. So he immediately drove towards her and lowered down the glass window. He was actually wasn't sure if it was a good idea to do it.

 

Taemin: Na Eun-ah, you need a ride?

 

He can tell that she was confused so he slightly lowered his mask.

 

Na Eun: Oh... Uhm...

 

She looked around and looked at her watch like she's in a hurry.

 

Taemin: You might wait for quite a while for a taxi at this time. I just want to help.

 

Na Eun: Uhm... let me place my bag on the trunk first. 

 

Taemin was about to go out when she stopped him.

 

Na Eun: It's okay. Just open it for me. People might see you.

 

He just nodded and opened the trunk for her then she went to sit at the front beside him. She was surprised to see the two men sleeping at the back.

 

Taemin: They're sleeping.

 

Na Eun just nodded and locked her eyes on the road.

 

Taemin: By the way, where are you headed?

 

Na Eun: Oceanside hotel.

 

Taemin: Alright.

 

Both of them were just quiet as she untied her hair and removed her scarf.

 

Na Eun: What were you guys doing at the airport this early?

 

He was surprised that she finally started a conversation with him.

 

Taemin: Lucas asked for a favor for her sister. I believe you heard about the news about Goo Hara, right? She's going back to Japan so we accompanied her to the airport. She's doing fine now though unlike before.

 

Na Eun: Oh... right. Aren't you sleepy? I'm sorry for this trouble.

 

Taemin: We are actually on our way back so it's no trouble. Besides, It's good that you're here so that I won't doze off.

 

Taemin realized what he just said and quickly backed it up.

 

Taemin: I mean it's good that I have someone to talk to right now. It'll be bad if I doze off, right?

 

Na Eun: Ah... yeah... 

 

That moment brought back memories for both of them on their first meeting in WGM where he was driving and she's seated in the front seat.

 

Taemin smiled a bit on that thought while Na Eun just looked out of the window and pouted.

 

Finally, they were almost at the hotel and he parked in front to drop her off. Lucas and Taeyong were still sleeping comfortably at the back.

 

Na Eun: Thanks.

 

She said and bowed to him.

 

Taemin: Sure.

 

Na Eun smiled a bit and finally went out of his car. Then she got her trolley bag from his trunk and walked towards the hotel.

 

Taemin sighed deeply while staring at her back.

 

Taemin: She has become untouchable again.

 

Then he drove off.

 

Lucas: *yawns* Hyung... Are we home yet?

 

He said with a tired tone while his eyes were slightly opened.

 

Taemin: We're almost there.

 

Taeyong: Lucaaass, I'm hungry.

 

Lucas: Hyuuungg, please drive faster... okay?

 

Both of them were like drunk people murmuring with their eyes closed. Taemin just chuckled and shook his head.

 

Taemin: Okay. I'll wake you up when we arrive.

 

He was smiling by himself while driving and glanced at the front seat where she seated. He noticed a scarf was left and he immediately grabbed it.

 

Taemin: This is hers. 

 

 

 

On the other hand, Na Eun went in quickly at the hotel. After she checked in and got the keys, she went to the elevator and later on arrived in her room.

 

Na Eun remembered the scene earlier. She wasn't expecting him to be there as well. She was trying her best to just keep quiet but small talks can't be helped. She was feeling nervous and awkward around him.  

 

She sighed deeply and finally felt relieved. She changed clothes but thought something was missing.

 

Na Eun: My scarf! Oh my. Where is it?

 

She facepalmed herself and shook her head. Then she remembered removing it in his car.

 

Na Eun: I might have dropped it in his car. Should I... message him?

 

 

 

 

 

4th day in Russia...

 

"Smile!"

 

They were taking selfies and some solo photos while having their tour in Russia. BoA joined them as well along with the staff and some bodyguards.

 

They visited their famous cathedral and museum then went to a traditional restaurant.

 

During their meal, LSM joined them and he ordered a few must-try foods in the place.

 

The girls were astonished as they tried each one of them. After that LSM tackled an important matter to them.

 

LSM: As early as now, I want to congratulate you, girls, for a job well done. We will be finalizing the MV after three days along with your studio recording for the MV teaser. The full MV will then be released two weeks from now. I'll just post ahead in our group chat along with your other upcoming activities in SuperW.

 

Everyone felt excited and happy about it.

 

Taeyeon: Sir, since the song is a mix of Korean and much more of English, are we gonna be promoting in the US as well? Like what SuperM is actually doing now?

 

LSM: Not yet. But that will happen soon. For now, you will be promoting in Korea since we are fulfilling the main advocacy of SuperW.

 

Taeyeon: Okay sir. Understood.

 

LSM: Starting today, please do inform us if you have any concerns may it be personal or not where we can help you. I want us to develop transparency and effective teamwork. If we, as your company CEOs, have hurt you in the past with certain rules that we imposed, we sincerely apologize.

 

The girls were surprised by his words. Some looked at each other while some were just quiet.

 

LSM: I'm aware that most of the time we make you feel like a "slave." Excuse me for the word that I used but that's how they describe it. We, as your CEOs, have talked about it. Now, we will treat each one of you as a family rather than a talent. A family has certain values taught and it makes a person feel at home. 

 

Everyone was still quiet and LSM continued.

 

LSM: We were alarmed by the number of anxiety, depression and the artists leaving the companies nowadays. And we also evaluated ourselves on the causes of it. I believe there are also certain factors in the company that made them do that.

 

BoA: Sir, thank you for bringing this up. I personally want to be a coach or mentor new groups and artists now that's why I'm thankful for this opportunity you gave me. I believe that I can impart to them what I have learned as an artist for the past years. I would want to do this rather than have a comeback this year if it's okay with you.

 

Taeyeon looked at her friend and was surprised. She didn't know that BoA had those thoughts all along.

 

LSM just nodded. "Okay. I understand. Your fans will miss you but we can delay your comeback for now if that's what you want." 

 

BoA: Thank you so much, sir. I appreciate your understanding.

 

LSM: Also Taeyeon, I believe you have an upcoming solo concert around next month, right? 

 

Taeyeon: Oh, right. We will start rehearsals when I come back to Korea.

 

LSM: You're one of the productive female artists of SM. Instead of a solo concert, I want you to focus on SuperW promotions, okay? Besides, you guys will have solo segments when you will have your international tour soon. Just like SuperM's.

 

Taeyeon: Sir, thank you very much. I'm actually having a hard time with my schedules now. I seriously needed time to recharge.

 

LSM: Sure. You can do that. Take a day in a week to relax. This also goes to the rest of you. Your health is more important.

 

Mina: Mr. Lee, thank you so much. I just wished this happened sooner.

 

LSM: Yeah. I believe it's still not too late. I'm hopeful that those who are on hiatus or having a hard time will eventually come back. From now on, let's lift each other up despite the differences we have.

 

Lisa, Jennie, and Irene can't help but tear up out of joy. The rest just comforted them by tapping their shoulders.

 

LSM: That's all. So let's just enjoy the rest of the day, alright?

 

All: Yes sir. Thank you very much.

 

After that, they had a group picture with LSM. They also captured some moments with the members. LSM then told them not to publish any pictures yet until their MV will be released. 

 

Late in the afternoon, their flight going back to Korea was set and they just all sleep the entire time.

 

 

 

The next day, Taeyeon felt energized after a 10-hour sleep after they arrived. She was checking on her phone while still lying down on bed and noticed a message.

 

"Hi. Can I call you now?" It was from Baekhyun.

 

She was surprised by his sudden message.

 

"Hi Baek. What is it? Yes you can."

 

After a few minutes, her phone rang and she immediately answered it.

 

Taeyeon: Hello

 

Baekhyun: Uhm, Hi. I'm not disturbing you, am I?

 

Taeyeon: Not really. I just woke up though. What is it?

 

Baekhyun: Oh. I'm sorry. We have a little problem. Lucas accidentally heard one of our staff mentioning about the female supergroup the other day.

 

Her eyes widened and she immediately sit on the bed.

 

Taeyeon: What? Oh my. 

 

Baekhyun: He opened it to the group and the others agreed to investigate secretly to confirm the rumors. They will gather evidence to prove it like they say.

 

Taeyeon sighed deeply upon knowing what was going on.

 

Taeyeon: That is quite alarming  Baek but don't worry much since our MV teaser will be released three days from now. So probably, we will be revealed soon too.

 

Baekhyun is currently at SM's rooftop and locked the door. He can't help but feel excited.

 

Baekhyun: Wow! Seriously? You girls are already done with the MV?

 

Taeyeon: Yes. We just arrived around 1AM today. We did the video shoot at Russia for three days.

 

Baekhyun: That's great! Uhm, by the way, how are you doing with the other female artists?

 

Taeyeon: We're doing good. We actually got to know each other better so it broke the ice among us.

 

Baekhyun: That's good to hear, Ms.Taeyeon. There's nothing to be worried about then.

 

Taeyeon really feels uncomfortable when he calls her formally. She was about to say it when she got a notification of another pending call.

 

Taeyeon: Baek, I'm hanging up now. Someone's calling. Thank you for the call. 

 

Baekhyun: Alright. Take care.

 

Baekhyun ended the call and looked at his phone.

 

Baekhyun: You're reliable as expected, Taeyeon-ah.