Chapter 8

Avengers of Kpop

BoA and Taeyeon were called for the final meeting together with the CEOs and other staff.

 

Their meeting was held in a fancy restaurant's function room where LSM reserved from 4 PM onwards.

 

They entered the room and saw six girls in the room. They are currently blindfolded. The CEOs were just seated at the side of their respective tables.

 

Taeyeon was curious about what was happening and looked at BoA who just shrugged her shoulders.

 

LSM finally entered the room after them and made an announcement.

 

LSM: Girls, you can now take off your blindfolds.

 

The six of them took it off and they looked around. They were surprised by the setting.

 

LSM: Congratulations. Your respective companies chose you for this special project.

 

Taeyeon finally saw their faces and she knew most of them.

 

LSM: I believe the CEOs already explained the purpose of why we have agreed on this kind of setting for the first time. I hope that you will get along.

 

Then he bowed to them.

 

"Oh no, sir. It's really a pleasure."

 

The six of them stood up and bowed back to him.

 

LSM: By the way, Taeyeon here will be the leader.

 

He said while introducing her to them. Their eyes widened with different kinds of reactions.

 

"Really?!"

 

"Oh my. Ms. Taeyeon, I'm thrilled!"

 

Two of them said with excitement.

 

Taeyeon: Hi Jennie and Lisa. It's so nice to see you here.

 

"Uhm, can I call you, Unnie?"

 

One shy female artist spoke all of a sudden that made them look at her.

 

Taeyeon just smiled at her and held her hand. "Sure, my dear. I'm sorry but I think you're from ITZY, right?"

 

"Yes, unnie. My name is Lia." She said and smiled happily.

 

Taeyeon recognized another two of them. "Irene, Mina, I'm glad that you're here." she said as she hugged them.

 

Mina: Yes. I'll try my best, Ms. Taeyeon. Thank you for your motivating words back then. Please do take care of us.

 

Irene: I'm relieved you're here.

 

"Uhm, why so dramatic?" One last artist spoke in an uninterested tone.

 

Taeyeon: Solar? I'm not surprised.

 

Solar: Just kidding! What a privilege to work with Kim Taeyeon.

 

Then the seven of them just laughed.

 

LSM and the other CEOs just watched them from the side and they were amazed that they easily get along during the first meeting.

 

Schedules for the shooting of their MV overseas and photoshoot of the others were tackled. 

 

At the end of the meeting, BoA was introduced as their mentor and coach.

 

BoA: Hi girls. I'm excited to work with you.

 

The majority of them can't hold to fangirl over BoA except for Taeyeon who was close friends with her.

 

Taeyeon: Girl, you're really the Queen of Kpop.

 

She said jokingly to her and she just smiled about it.

 

It was four hours full of brainstorming and official contract signing at the end.

 

 

LSM also made a group chat for them with the other CEOs and staff in it. They finally bid goodbye to each other and will see each other again on their respective flights after two weeks.

 

Lisa and Jennie were the last ones to go out of the function room.

 

Lisa: Jennie, please go ahead. I'll just have to go to the comfort room.

 

Jennie: I'll go with you.

 

Lisa: No, it's okay. You go ahead.

 

Jennie: Okay. I'll just wait inside the car.

 

Then Lisa quickly went towards the comfort room when someone wearing a cap and mask suddenly grabbed her arm.

 

"What are you doing here?" the man said then removed his mask.

 

Lisa: Ten? I thought of who it was.

 

Ten just smiled towards her. She looked around to see if someone was with him.

 

Ten noticed the brown envelope she was bringing with her.

 

Ten: What's that?

 

Lisa: Oh nothing. Just some... personal documents. What are you doing here?

 

Ten: I'm with Kai and Taemin. We're eating out.

 

Lisa: Really? Well, it was good to see you again after your tour. See you around.

 

He was about to say something but she hurriedly left the restaurant. He just sighed deeply and went back to his friends.

 

Kai: Ten, where were you? Your special spicy ramen has arrived.

 

Taemin: Why the face?

 

He realized that he was in deep thought and just snapped out of it.

 

Ten: Nothing. Come on. Let's enjoy the food.

 

 

Lisa walked a bit and finally reached their car.

 

Jennie: What took you a while?

 

Jennie asked Lisa after he closed the door of the car.

 

Lisa: Ten was there. We just greeted each other and talked a bit.

 

Jennie: Really? What's he doing there? 

 

Lisa: He said he was eating out with Taemin and Kai.

 

Jennie: Oh...

 

Lisa: Oops. I'm sorry for mentioning his name.

 

Jennie: I guess it can't be helped. I just don't want to see him if possible.

 

Both of them were just silent as they reached their apartment.

 

 

 

 

Two weeks after...

 

The seven of them meet at the airport for their MV shooting at Russia. Their concept was inspired by Black Widow.

 

Lisa: Jennieee, what's on your mind?

 

She said while hugging her and leaning towards her shoulder. Jennie just looked at her and smiled a bit.

 

Jennie: Nothing much. It just keeps on going, the hate comments, even after that interview.

 

Lisa then looked at her in the eyes.

 

Lisa: Jennie, I don't think everyone needs to love each one of us Kpop artists. Care more about the good stories but also don't completely ignore the negative ones, because we can take those comments as advice about things we never realized before. What I mean is, take it from a different perspective, okay?

 

Jennie sighed deeply.

 

Jennie: I'll try to do that, sis. Thank you so much.

 

Lisa: Sure, you're always welcome. You know I'll support you big time!

 

They were all at the business class of Korean Air. 

 

They were booked in a big room of seven beds. On the other hand, BoA was in the other room with two female staff.

 

Lia: Wow, this is just too good to be true.

 

She said while snuggling towards Mina on her bed.

 

Mina: Yeah. And it's a bit cold since it's still winter here.

 

Solar is on her headphones and listening to music while lying on the bed and playing Mobile Legends.

 

Lisa is arranging her things and changed clothes while Jennie was wrapping herself with the thick blanket and watched the view at the window.

 

Taeyeon and Irene called room service to order food for everyone since it was already dinner time.

 

After they've eaten, someone knocked on their door. Taeyeon quickly opened it. It was BoA. Then everyone suddenly became conscious and focused their attention as they greeted her.

 

BoA: Hi girls. Please do rest well for tonight. Tomorrow, you will have a new look. Haircuts or hair colors will be done. The next two days will be the duration of the MV shooting. I guess everyone's excited, right?

 

Everyone agreed and started to talk about what changes on their look they will have. Then Lia suddenly raised a question.

 

Lia: Uhm, Ms. BoA, do we have time to visit some places here in Russia?

 

BoA: Yes, of course. We are given a free day on our fourth day here since our flight will still be in the evening on that day.

 

Irene: Yey! That's good.

 

BoA: Of course we don't want to miss that chance, right? So LSM, personally booked a tour guide for us and an itinerary as well. 

 

Jennie: Wooww. Mr. Lee is sooo generous.

 

Jennie said in a cute baby tone. Everyone was surprised and amused except for Lisa who was used to it.

Taeyeon: Hey Jennie, that's was so adorable.

 

Solar: I only saw and heard that on one of your TV appearances.

 

Lisa: She's like that when she's excited about something or when she's doing her aegyo.

 

Lia: Unnieee, that tone is such a cutiee.

 

Jennie: I'm starting to feel cold. That's whyyy.

 

Then they all laughed.

 

BoA: Anyway, I'll leave you to rest. Good night girls. See you tomorrow.

 

After that, BoA left them and went back to her room.

 

Mina, on the other hand, was just quiet. Taeyeon noticed it and went to sit beside her.

 

Taeyeon: Hey, are you feeling okay?

 

Mina: Oh unnie, yes I'm fine. I'm just feeling a bit worried about the shooting tomorrow. I'm feeling pressured.

 

Taeyeon: Don't worry, Mina. I want you to just breathe in and breathe out if you feel anxious. Just think about the good memories that we will make here as a new collab group.

 

Mina: Yeah. I'm actually excited. Mixed emotions, unnie.

 

Taeyeon held her shoulder and gave her a tap on the back.

 

Taeyeon: By the way, this is for you.

 

She handed her a rectangular box and wrapped with a ribbon.

 

Mina: What's this?

 

Taeyeon: Open it. It will cheer you on and make you feel better.

 

Taeyeon just smiled at her and stood up as she went back to her bed. The rest of the girls were doing their rituals before going to sleep. Some were still on their phones.

 

Mina opened the box and it was filled with Sticky notes. They were handwritten letters from TWICE and her parents. Short messages that cheered her on and really helped her pressured feeling that time.

 

She was reading them while covering herself with her blanket and she couldn't stop herself from tearing up.

 

Mina: Thanks girls, mom and dad.

 

After that, she wiped her tears. Mina got her phone and messaged them one by one just to thank them and just express herself.

 

Taeyeon noticed her aura was better and happy. Mina looked at her across the room and uttered 'Thank you'

 

She just smiled and then bowed in return.

 

 

 

First day...

 

New look for the MV.

 

Lisa: Her bangs were parted which showed her forehead. Her hair was just trimmed a bit, still maintaining her long hair. Then it was colored with dark brown.

 

Lia: The hairstylist added some blue highlights on her hair.

 

Irene: To make a young yet still elegant look, the hairstylist added bangs on her. And just trimmed a bit of her hair.

 

Jennie: From black hair to ash brown hair.

 

Mina: Hair turned to color ginger and trimmed to shoulder length with side bangs

 

Solar: From ash blonde to pink hair and trimmed up to her chest.

 

Taeyeon: Her current hair is a long and plain brown color. It was trimmed a bit at the bottom. Then it was colored black with an ombre effect of purple streaks at the bottom.

 

They were all amazed by their transformation after and kept on complimenting each other.

 

Later part, BoA arrived and felt excited to see their new looks.

 

BoA: Wow! You all look amazing girls. By the way, please do go to the dressing tents for us to start with the shooting. We have a long day ahead so let's do our best!

 

All: Alright!

 

 

 

 

Back in Korea...

 

Lucas: Guys, have you heard the rumors?

 

SuperM was currently at their dance studio rehearsing for their upcoming international tour in Paris and UK. 

 

They are still on a water break when Lucas suddenly blurted out.

 

Mark: About what?

 

Lucas: I heard there is an upcoming female supergroup.

 

Taeyong: Like a SuperM girl version?

 

Lucas: Yeah. Maybe. Something like that.

 

Baekhyun heard what they were talking about. He was alarmed since it's still a top-secret project.

 

Baekhyun: Where did you hear that news from? I think there's a little chance for it for now.

 

Lucas: I overheard some staff from the meeting room talking about it when I passed by earlier before coming here.

 

Ten: Really? Hmmmm

 

Ten was in deep thought. He was thinking of the past events that he witnessed that involved Lisa. 

 

Taemin: If it were true, it will be revealed soon. 

 

Lucas: I'm just wondering... will there be a collab or something with us? 

 

Ten: Hahaha before that, how can we be so sure that there is a female supergroup? 

 

Mark: Let's investigate!

 

Everyone looked at him.

 

Mark: What? It'll be fun and besides if it involves us then we should know.

 

Baekhyun felt alarmed somehow.

 

Baekhyun: W-Wait a minute! You know what, we should just focus on our rehearsals. Besides, Mr. Lee knows what he's doing.

 

Everyone then looked at him suspiciously and his eyes just widened.

 

Baekhyun: I mean Mr. Lee got a big expectation from us so we should not think about those rumors if we don't have enough evidence for it to be true, right?

 

He laughed forcibly while stepping back and bumped into someone.

 

Kai: Hmmm, right.

 

Kai suddenly spoke that made him startled since he was standing on his back unknowingly. He just looked at Kai with a confused look.

 

Baekhyun: Hey Kai, how long have you been standing there?

 

Kai: Just a while. But as you've said we don't have enough evidence for it.

 

Baekhyun: Yeah.

 

Mark: So that means we should investigate secretly.

 

Taeyong: Yeah, I like that idea.

 

Ten: Mr. Lee doesn't like us sneaking out if it's not our business so we should think of a strategy.

 

Taemin: Hey what are you guys murmuring about?

 

Lucas: Yes, this is like Sherlock Holmes.

 

Baekhyun: H-Hey guys, take it easy. We might get in trouble with that.

 

Ten: Don't worry, hyung. It will be a top-secret investigation.

 

Then he gave him a reassuring smile.

 

The six of them were talking about something and Baekhyun was just standing there dumbfounded with the sudden flow of events. He just facepalmed himself and shook his head. 

 

'What am I gonna do? They have become determined to investigate.' he thought.

 

Good thing their choreographer went back after a minute and their practice resumed.

 

Baekhyun felt relieved and sighed deeply.