Chapter 7

Avengers of Kpop

The list for the female supergroup was still incomplete. Four of which were already selected without further deliberation and they have started with individual preparations secretly after their previous meeting.

 

LSM: Only three slots are left. 

 

They have gathered pictures with names while having a careful selection.

 

JYP: I would like to add these girls but I need to ask them first if they are ready for it.

 

"I'm all good with my female artists."

 

LSM noticed that there will be one spot left if JYP's other artist will push through. 

 

LSM: I would like to add her then for the last spot.

 

"Okay. No problem. I trust you sir." the remaining CEO said.

 

LSM: You sure you don't have other artist to present, sir?

 

"Nope. She's enough. She has a lot of potential." he added.

 

LSM: Okay then. We'll have a final meeting together with them. So the remaining three will be informed about the schedule that I'll email to you as well. I hope they will agree to join.

 

After that, their meeting had adjourned. 

 

 

 

On the other hand, Taeyong was surfing a website full of underground rap battles all over Korea.

 

As he was scrolling, he saw a poster that featured QueenM and the schedule is tonight.

 

Taeyong: Hmmm. She's creating a name already and only a month has passed since we met. Should I go?

 

He immediately dialed Jack's number.

 

Jack: Hey, what's up?

 

Taeyong: I'm going to a rap battle tonight.

 

Jack: Again? I don't want to be caught, man.

 

Taeyong can hear him sigh very deep on the other line.

 

Taeyong: I promise this will be the last one. You know we have a lot going on for SuperM and NCT on the next few days. It's my way to unwind. So... See you later?

 

Jack became quiet on the other line.

 

Jack: As long as you will just watch and not participate then I will go with you.

 

Taeyong: Alright. Fine. I'll just watch. But really you're too cruel to me.

 

Jack: I'm actually being considerate, man. Hahaha. I'll see you in a few hours.

 

Taeyong: Haha. Ok bye.

 

Taeyong just shook his head in disbelief.

 

After a few hours, Jack was driving with Taeyong sitting beside him. They were both wearing a hoodie, a cap and mask.

 

Jack: We look like crazy stalkers in this.

 

He said while shaking his head while Taeyong was just laughing.

 

Taeyong: Thanks Jack for putting up with my 'sneaking out' moments. You're really a true friend.

 

Jack: Promise me, this will really be the last. My job is also at stake, you know. 

 

Taeyong: I promise, don't worry.

 

As usual, they parked a few meters away from the venue.

 

The venue was really arranged this time to prevent what happened previously. Taeyong can see that they got major sponsors as well.

 

Jack: Wow. This doesn't look cheap.

 

Taeyong looked around and saw a place upstairs where they could have a good view of the stage so they immediately went up.

 

There were a lot of people inside the venue and some were even gambling on who's gonna win.

 

"Alright! Place your bets now! You will win times five if your challenger wins."

 

A lot of people are placing their bets. Taeyong and Jack looked at each other.

 

Jack: I didn't expect this.

 

Taeyong: Yeah. This is new.

 

A little later, a video was shown that signaled the start of the event. It featured the challengers for the night.

 

Jack elbowed Taeyong when he saw QueenM on the video.

 

Jack: Oh, she's here. And she's the defending champion.

 

Taeyong: Yeah. That's why I want to come. She's making a name in just one month time. That's crazy!

 

Jack: You just want to see her again too, right?

 

Taeyong: What are you saying? Of course not!

 

Taeyong looked at him weirdly and just shook his head towards Jack.

 

There was a spotlight on stage with the challengers and QueenM. They were wearing masks and some sort of disguise. Everyone was just cheering loudly.

 

Taeyong: Wooohoooohhh!! 

 

Jack: Bring it on!!

 

The battle started off with the challengers turn to battle out in freestyle. 

 

After a couple of rounds, it was the leading challenger versus QueenM.

 

A certain topic was picked and it was about Fame.

 

QueenM:

Do it for your dreams

Do it for your life

How're you ever gonna know

If you never even try

Fame is sweet

Nothing can beat

You only live once

Worth it to train for years and some months

 

Challenger:

I don't know about you

But I know about a few

Fame is not a happy pill

That you will always stand still

When anxiety starts to kick in

It becomes mind blowin'

 

QueenM:

Thinkin' about it won't do any good

Letting it sink in

Just makes a bad mood

How about raising the endorphin?

It will make happy hormones kick in

Idols don't just chase dreams and fame

When fans are happy, it's a win win game

 

Challenger:

You're pro to fame

But it's not a good game

Fans battle out

And some just doubt

Bashers keep movin'

So where's the lovin'?

 

Taeyong and Jack noticed that the battle was becoming too realistic on the current situation.

 

Announcer: Okay, you got one last round. So think of your compositions carefully. You are given a minute for it.  

 

Taeyong: There's a pro fame and there's an anti fame.

 

Jack: Both are actually on point.

 

Announcer: Alright. Time's up! The challenger goes first this time.

 

Challenger:

What can you say QueenM?

People are battling instead of loving

Who are you to say about happiness?

These days it's something that is slowly fading

Fans are just there temporarily

Who's gonna be with you in you're illness?

Don't live momenatarily

Fame won't take care of you like family

 

The audience were also divided into two. Some were pro and the others are anti.

 

Taeyong: Hmmm, that's kinda rude and untrue especially about the fans.

 

Jack: I think this challenger is becoming a bit personal about you guys.

 

Taeyong: I'm having my hopes up that she will pull this off.

 

QueenM was shaking her head in disagreement.

 

QueenM:

You don't know what you're saying, my man.

Fans are exactly the permanent happy pill

They keep the flame of fame to spill

And even makes the mood lighten up

When we're about to give up

Fame is not just about becoming famous

It inspires life and puts off the dangerous

Yes, we become emotional

Not even exempted to go through trials

But success won't last long

If we keep on playing a bad song

 

Then she gestured a flying kiss towards her opponent. The audience was hyped.

 

Taeyong: What?! That was a crazy freestyle rap. She nailed it!

 

Jack: She sounded like she has gone through a lot.

 

The gamblers downstairs were really busy with all the bets placed on QueenM.

 

Announcer: Wow! Just wow! So I think our major sponsors already decided the winner for tonight.

 

A representative came on stage and the announcer handed the mic to him.

 

"The winner is..... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...QueenM!"

 

Everyone was hyped again.

 

"Please do claim your prize later at the backstage." the major sponsor said.

 

Announcer: Alright! The night has ended. Thank you all for coming.

 

Taeyong: Come on. Let's go backstage!

 

Jack: What?! How can we go there? There's a lot of people.

 

But Taeyong just grabbed Jack immediately as they rushed towards the backstage. And as Jack said, they weren't able to go near because of the tight security.

 

Jack: I told you.

 

Taeyong: There must be some other way.

 

Jack: You really don't give up, don't you?

 

Taeyong saw a back door. Since a lot of people are wanting to go in, the security in charge was helping out. He immediatly grabbed Jack as they sneakily went inside.

 

Jack: What are we doing?

 

Taeyong: Ssshhh. 

 

They carefully hid in one corner near a big cabinet.

 

"Congrats, QueenM!" they overhear from the other side.

 

"Thank you. Thank you very much for this."

 

Footsteps were coming towards them so they really hide themselves and did not move.

 

Taeyong looked carefully and there she was. She puts down the prize she received and stood near the mirror. She was removing her disguise but Taeyong didn't want to see.

 

Taeyong: Dude, she's removing her disguise.

 

Jack: Really? Did you see her face?

 

Taeyong shook his head. He was about to look again but someone came in so they hide again.

 

"Hey QueenM."

 

QueenM: Oh, it's you. What do you want?

 

They could only hear the conversation from where they are. Taeyong looked out and her back was facing him.

 

"Here's your price money."

 

QueenM: I don't need that. That's gamble.

 

"Come on. Don't be too clean."

 

QueenM: I didn't enter this for that. You can keep it.

 

"You're being too hostile now. What's up?"

 

She was being grabbed by the arm forcefully by the man he was talking to.

 

QueenM: Let go of me! I don't need your money!

 

Taeyong couldn't take it and he immediately went out and grabbed Jack.

 

Taeyong: Is there any problem here, sir?

 

The both of them looked at him.

 

"And who are you?" The man looked at him furiously.

 

Taeyong: I'm... we're QueenM's security.

 

The man let go of his grip on her and looked at her with a warning. "No. There's no problem here." then he quickly left the scene.

 

She was still facing her back to them and didn't move.

 

Jack elbowed Taeyong to say something.

 

Taeyong: Uhm, we're sorry. You were in trouble.

 

QueenM: Who are you? I don't have any security in charge.

 

Taeyong: It's me. Prince. You remember me, right?

 

She looked on her side and he can already see the side of her face but strands of her ash blonde hair were covering some parts of it. She felt fascinated and smirked.

 

QueenM: Really? How come you're here?

 

Taeyong: Uhm, we were watching your battle earlier. Congrats. You did really well.

 

QueenM: Thanks. We did meet again.

 

She said while putting on her mask again then turned around and went towards them.

 

QueenM: But really, you guys should go before anyone sees you.

 

Then she ushered the both of them to the door.

 

Taeyong: What about you?

 

QueenM: I can manage myself, don't worry.

 

 

 

Jack and Taeyong were already in the car. A lot has happened that night.

 

Jack: What was that, man? You're her knight and shining armor now?

 

Taeyong: Haha what are you talking about? I'm just worried that she'll be in trouble.

 

Jack: You're more worried about her? Why won't you worry about us if we're caught?

 

Taeyong: She's a woman and I think she just went all by herself. I know that we will never be caught because I'm an expert in this and you'll cover me. Hahaha! Let's just buy some food. My treat.

 

Jack just sighed deeply. "You're giving me a headache, man."