Chapter 14

Avengers of Kpop

SuperW's Twist MV reached up to 30M views in just 2 days and garnered at the top list on Korean music charts. Also, they were invited to various shows as guests and have live performance schedules for the whole two weeks. They won 4 times in a row in KBS Music bank on the first week and the girls are just giving out their best on every performance.

 

NCT 127 also released a teaser of their MV "Kick It." A lot of people were intrigued by the whole concept of the song how the full MV goes. Taeyong and the other members watched the teaser together and they just went 'Woah'.

 

Mark: I can't wait.

 

Johnny: We've done a lot of kicking during the shoot.

 

Taeyong: Let's look forward to it. Everyone worked hard.

 

All the members high-fived with each other before leaving SM Entertainment. Mark and Taeyong were the last ones left.

 

Taeyong: Hey Mark, let's go get a massage.

 

Mark: Right! My whole body is really aching. 

 

Both of them went to a massage parlor and finally had a chance to relax. They were led by the staff at the VIP lounge for celebrities or big personalities. Mark was in a separate room just next to him. 

 

Taeyong felt relaxed as his back muscles were being massaged stretched.

 

They were almost done when they heard a slight commotion outside. His therapist went out to get tea for him.

 

"Hi Miss. Welcome back."

 

He heard the greeting from outside. Taeyong sits up and wrapped himself with the robe. As the therapist went back, his curiosity pushed him to ask.

 

Taeyong: Excuse me, is everything okay outside? I heard a commotion.

 

Therapist: Oh everything's alright. A VIP came.

 

He just nodded in agreement as the therapist went out to give him time to drink his tea.

 

"I badly need a massage right now."

 

"Okay Miss. Right away."

 

Taeyong heard that the 'Miss' went in the room just beside him. He realized there and then that only a curtain separates each room. 

 

'Oh man. Why is she there?' he thought and gulped. He finished his tea and changed to his clothes. He was about to go out to check on Mark when the place suddenly went dark. 

 

"Oh my God! What happened?"

 

He could tell someone just moved the curtain.

 

"Is someone there?"

 

He was stunned that she actually entered to where he's at. Just as he was about to respond, she stumbled to something and she fell towards him. Though it was dark, Taeyong managed to help her get up

 

"Hyung, you there?" Mark finally spoke.

 

"Yeah, I'm still here. Let's just hold for a minute. I think they're fixing it." he responded shortly and dealt with the current situation.

 

"Uhm." it was all he could say. He doesn't know what to do and was still holding her arms for support.

 

"Oh my. Are you a customer here? I really panic when it's dark."

 

She bit her lip in embarrassment and shook her head. It was dark so the other person can't determine her expression.

 

"Can someone bring the electricity back asap?"

 

"Yes, Miss QueenM. We've already called. They are fixing it."

 

'QueenM?' he immediately thought and was stunned for a moment. 'He can't possibly be...'

 

She was about to move again when he grabbed her arm.

 

Taeyong: QueenM?

 

"Huh?"

 

They were talking in the middle of darkness. There was the usual independence by the sound of her voice.

 

Taeyong: You can't possibly be the underground rapper QueenM, right?

 

She just smiled in disbelief in his question.

 

QueenM: Shhhhhh.

 

Taeyong: We meet again. It's me, Prince.

 

She was taken a back.

 

QueenM: Prince... Is it really you?

 

This time she held his hand gently and he didn't expect that. His face was heating up but the dark was covering it up for him.

 

Taeyong: Yeah... I thought I would never see you.

 

QueenM: Well, you aren't seeing me now.

 

Both of them laughed a bit.

 

Taeyong: Right. You never show your face. It's unfortunate.

 

She pulled a card from her pocket and put it on his hand.

 

QueenM: There's an event two weeks from now. You should come.

 

He got a hold of the card she gave her and held her arm gently.

 

Taeyong: I'll try. My schedule is kinda busy --

 

Then the lights suddenly went on. He thought that he can finally see her but his sight was blurry due to the sudden brightness and quickly covered his face with one hand. 

 

On the other hand, she immediately turned her back from him. She was having a hard time to see clearly too and took some seconds.

 

QueenM: I'll see you then.

 

Taeyong: Wait!

 

He could only see a blurry image of her back when she left. Taeyong rubbed his eyes and sighed deeply when he finally see around him clearly. He quickly went out and looked around but she was nowhere to be found.

 

Mark: Finally, the lights are back.

 

Mark suddenly went out of the room just next to him and found Taeyong with a confused expression.

 

Mark: Hyung? You alright?

 

Taeyong: Uhm, yeah. I'm good. Do you happen to...

 

Mark was waiting for his next words but he just shook his head.

 

Taeyong: Never mind. Let's go back.

 

They reached their dorm and Taeyong went to the bathroom to change. The he remembered the card she gave him and it took out from one of his pockets.

 

Taeyong: A party?

 

It was an invitation to a masquerade party. And it says "wear formal attire and your personalized mask."

 

Taeyong: Hmmm

 

The next day, he showed it to Jack and explained everything to him.

 

Jack: Oh man. Not again.

 

Taeyong: This will be the last one. I promise.

 

Jack sighed deeply and looked at him.

 

Jack: You better keep that promise.

 

Taeyong embraced him excitedly.

 

Taeyong: Thanks man! You're really my friend!

 

Jack shove him off jokingly.

 

Jack: You know what, aren't you curious about that QueenM's identity? She really has a certain aura like a Kpop artist.

 

Taeyong: Of course! Who wouldn't be? She is mysterious and has an interesting personality. So you think she's like me who's also sneaking out?

 

Jack: Maybe. We don't know. That's just a thought.

 

Taeyong puts his arm around his friend's shoulder.

 

Taeyong: Nah. I don't think so. Judging from her indenpendence.

 

Jack: Well anyway, your full MV's gonna be released soon. You better focus on that for now.

 

Taeyong nodded and looked at him weirdly.

 

Jack: Yeah, I know. I'll prepare your outfit and mask for that event. Don't worry.

 

Taeyong: I so love you man!

 

Jack: Geezz. Hands off me!

 

After that, Jack and Taeyong went out for lunch then for a meeting with NCT 127 members.

 

 

 

Ten was currently in his room studying and reviewing Chinese language since they have an upcoming fanmeeting in China. He was also starting to learn a bit of Japanese on the past few days but he shifted back to Chinese this time. He was practicing his pronounciation with Kun and Yangyang earlier. 

 

Ten: Hmmm

 

Now he is writing an essay to practice using some words and will read it loud later on. He was too focused with what he's doing that made time pass so fast.

 

Ten: Waahh. Finally finished writing it. 

 

His stomach growled that signalled his hunger so he went to the fridge and get something to eat then went back to the sofa where he left off.

 

The other WayV members went out so he was left alone in the apartment. He felt bored and was about to go on Instagram live when he received a message.

 

"Hi Ten! Are you busy right now? I need your help."

 

It was a text message from Lisa. He just called her back and she immediately picked up.

 

Ten: Yeah? What is it?

 

Lisa: I have been studying the pdf files and some notes that you've sent me. Can you check if I'm learning it correctly?

 

Ten smirked and finished eating his food before responding back to her.

 

Ten: Hmmm where are you now?

 

Lisa: I'm in the car. We're about to head out to SM Entertainment. Let's meet at the dance studio.

 

Suddenly, Lucas arrived back. Ten felt confident that he could go out.

 

Ten: Sure. I'll see you then.

 

He ended the call and looked at Lucas.

 

Ten: I'm going out for a while.

 

Lucas: Ok hyung. Where to?

 

Ten: Just at SM.

 

He replied while wearing his sweater and shoes. He brought his notes with him and put it inside his sling bag.

 

Lucas: Oh? Is something up?

 

Ten: Not really. Just gonna check out something.

 

He adjusted his glasses and run his fingers to his black hair as he reached for the door.

 

Ten contacted for a service car at SM and it arrived shortly at their place. He arrived at SM and went immediately at the dance studio where Lisa was waiting.

 

Lisa was studying the notes in her phone when he arrived. She was just sitting on the floor and facing the mirror. She didn't notice that he was already there.

 

Ten walked slowly as not to disturb her but she finally looked up and saw him.

 

Lisa: Oh hi Chittaphon!

 

Ten: You're studying hard.

 

He took a seat on the floor just beside her and took out his notes.

 

Lisa: It's kinda hard.

 

Ten: You got a good timing. I was studying Chinese earlier when you called.

 

Lisa: Really? 

 

Ten showed her his notes then helped her to pronounce some words. 

 

Ten: Now I need you to read this passage aloud with me.

 

Lisa read the passage silently first while Ten was lying on the floor with a copy of the passage in his hand. 

 

Ten: Ready?

 

She nodded then they both read it a loud slowly. Ten was lying comfortably on the floor and glancing at her once in a while. He can see that she was serious in learning and it just fascinates him.

 

After they finished reading the passage, Lisa sighed deeply and Ten clapped his hands to her.

 

Ten: That's a good start. You're a fast learner, Lalisa.

 

Lisa: Thanks! You're a good teacher.

 

Ten smiled and sits up while getting a paper and pen in his bag.

 

Ten: I was taught by Kun to practice writing in Chinese so that I could remember it easily. 

 

Lisa looked at him with a confused look.

 

Ten: So lets write random English words then write its Chinese equivalent, sounds good?

 

Her expression brightened up and she nodded in agreement. Both of them write some random English words on the paper and later on translated them to Chinese while pronouncing it.

 

Lisa: Yey!! I love it! I'm enjoying to learn this.

 

Ten: I simplified them so that I could easily study. This is my own technique.

 

Lisa: Wahh. You're a genius, Chittaphon!

 

Ten: But I'm wondering why you choose to study and meet here?

 

She looked at him and smiled warmly.

 

Lisa: I feel relaxed when I'm in the dance studio.

 

Ten: I feel you.

 

He smiled back and shifted his attention in keeping the materials he got out from his bag.

 

Lisa: Ten, I -- woo --- woah!!

 

Lisa was about to stand up when her right leg suddenly went numb from prolonged sitting on the floor and her body accidentally fall towards Ten. His back leaned towards the floor as he held her waist with one arm.

 

They were both left dumbfounded and just looked at each other face to face.

 

Lisa: Ouch... my gosh... My right leg felt numb all of a sudden.

 

She had a painful mixed with with an embarrassed expression but Ten just looked at her and smirked.

 

Ten: That explains why you're quite heavy now.

 

Lisa hit his face jokingly and he just smiled teasingly in return.

 

Ten: I'm just joking. Hold on to me. I'll help you to sit.

 

Lisa nodded and hold on to him like she was embracing him.

 

Lisa: Sorry, Ten. I can't really feel my right leg.

 

Ten finally managed to help her sit on the floor with her legs extended.

 

Ten: You know you shouldn't bend your legs for too long.

 

Lisa: Yeah... I was too immersed with what we're doing earlier.

 

He was holding her shoulders for support and slowly let her back lean towards the mirror. Ten sighed and looked at her with a gentle expression. 

 

Ten: You were. But learning takes time. Like dancing, you need to practice it more often until you get it perfectly, right? You can't get it all in one session.

 

Lisa looked at him and blinked twice. Then she sighed.

 

Lisa: You're right. I guess I was being hard on myself.

 

He reached out his hand and pushed some of her hair to the back of her ear.

 

Ten: You're funny. Didn't you say you needed help? So what am I here for?

 

They looked at each other for a while. He was so warm that it makes her heart flutter. Lisa tried to move her right leg and she finally felt a sensation.

 

Ten suddenly stood up and offered his hand to her.

 

Ten: You're stressed. Let's dance for a bit.

 

Lisa: What? But --

 

Ten: Come on..

 

He helped her in getting up. Lisa continied to move his right leg in different directions while Ten held her arm to support. Meanwhile, she gave him a glare and he gave her a confused amd innocent look in return.

 

Ten got his phone from his pocket and played 24k magic by Bruno Mars.

 

Lisa: Heyyy

 

He smiled at her and distant herself a bit while looking at the mirror. Lisa just shook her head and smiled while doing the same thing. 

 

Then they started dancing on their parts like they have done before in SBS Gayo Daejun.

 

Both of them were just enjoying that moment. Ten was right. Lisa felt more relaxed afterwards.

 

 

 

 

NCT 127's Kick It MV was finally released and they have live performance schedules for this comeback on the next days. Their MV garnered a million views in a short period of time and gained a lot of attention with the concept.

 

On the other hand, SuperW were set to promote in the US market on the next month. They already have guestings in US shows with live performance and a US concert as well.

 

The girls were in SM's meeting room as BoA gave the information to them and what their activities will be.

 

Solar: Will the US promotion be on the whole month of next month?

 

BoA: Not really for the whole month. It will be on the whole 3rd week.

 

Mina: So when will the preparation start?

 

BoA: Next week, rehearsals will start especially on the other songs of the album. Plus individual members will have a solo performance during the concert so we will have to schedule that as well.

 

Everyone went "OOHHH" when she said about the solo performance and each one started to think on what to showcase.

 

Irene: That's really exciting!

 

BoA: So if you need help, please don't hesitate to tell me, okay? 

 

The meeting was adjourned and Lia went to BoA.

 

Lia: Uhm, Unnie?

 

BoA: Oh Lia, what's up?

 

Lia: Can I ask for your help for the solo performance?

 

BoA: Sure. What do you have in mind?

 

BoA was well aware that Lia have a very nice singing voice since she saw a predebut video of her singing. She had actually studied them individually to know their strengths and weaknesses. She knows that this young girl has a lot of potential in singing and not just given a chance to show her potential to the audience because she's in a group.

 

Lia: I'm thinking of singing, unnie. But I'll search of a sing first to sing. Can you guide me? 

 

BoA smiled upon hearing it and nodded to her. She held her shoulders and looked at her reassuringly.

 

BoA: Of course. But first, you got to take off that shyness right there. Believe that you can do it, okay?

 

Lia felt relieved and nodded excitedly.

 

Lia: Thank you very much, unnie. 

 

She replied and bowed to her.

 

Solar was just on her seat and was thinking very deep. Taeyeon noticed it and snapped her out of it.

 

Taeyeon: Hey, looks like you got a big problem right there?

 

Solar looked at her and smiled forcibly.

 

Solar: Not really. I'm just thinking... about the solo performance. That's all.

 

Taeyeon noticed that she's still uncomfortable.

 

Taeyeon: Is it really the solo performance or is it something else?

 

Solar looked at her and shook her head.

 

Solar: Don't mind me, unnie. It's nothing, really. Hehe. I gotta go. Bye guys.

 

She quickly got her things and bid goodbye to them. Taeyeon noticed something was up with her but she just thought that maybe she's still absorbing the announcement earlier since the others were also in deep thought as she looked around the room.

 

Solar went out of the room with a lot of things in her head. She was walking in a fast pace going to the elevator and talking to herself.

 

Solar: What am I nervous about? I guess I'll just practice and budget my time.

 

She sighed deeply while pressing the elevator button. It finally opened but there was someone in there. They were both surprised to see each other.

 

"Oh hi. You're here." Taeyong greeted her as she went in the elevator.

 

Solar just bowed to him and didn't speak or respond to him. She just stood beside him while he pressed the button going down.

 

Taeyong: By the way, congrats on your debut song Twist. 

 

She glanced at him and smiled. "Thank you. You too on Kick it. We really appreciate your congratulatory gift during our 1st live performance."

 

He felt embarrassed as she said those words but kept his composure.

 

Taeyong: Thanks! No problem with that. We thought of cheering you guys since we're on the same pace of being a collab group. 

 

Solar: Right. 

 

Then Solar suddenly remembered the incident at the restaurant where Taeyong paid for their food. She grabbed her wallet in her bag.

 

Solar: By the way, how much did you pay at the restaurant? I'll pay right now since we've already see each other.

 

Taeyong: Oh no. It's okay, sunbae. There's no need. 

 

He was raising both of his hands to signal her to stop.

 

Solar: No. It's still a hard-earned money. I'm just doing the right thing.

 

This time, he really pushed back her wallet and finally held her hand.

 

Taeyong: It's really okay. Don't worry. 

 

He was looking at her up close and he suddenly felt shy upon realizing that he was holding her hand. He immediately withdrew his hands and put it in his pockets.

 

Taeyong: Sunbae, it's really okay. 

 

Solar had a soft expression but still with a touch of toughness.

 

Solar: Okay then. I'll pay you back in other means when you need my help.

 

He looked at her in embarrassment and looked straight. 

 

Taeyong: Sure. That sounds good.

 

Finally, the elevator door opened as they reached the ground floor.

 

Taeyong went immediately to the car waiting at the entrance as Solar was sitting at the couch in the waiting area.

 

"Dude, are you blushing?" Jack said while he was driving and noticed Taeyong's face.

 

Taeyong immediately looked at himself on the mirror at the front seat and held both of his cheeks.

 

Taeyong: Tsk. Not cool. 

 

Jack: So who's the beautiful maiden?

 

Taeyong looked at him with narrowed brows. Jack really knows him well.

 

Taeyong: Solar. We rode the elevator together earlier.

 

Jack: Oh your celebrity crush? I thought you're into QueenM? Man, you shouldn't be double hearted. Women wants loyalty.

 

He shook his head and hit Jack's arm playfully.

 

Taeyong: Haha what are you talking about? Both of them excel so much in what they passionately do and they're already at the top. I just admire those kinds of people.

 

Jack: Geeez, what a safe answer.