Chapter 15

Avengers of Kpop

The next few days became productive for SuperM and SuperW in terms of their schedules on upcoming activities.

 

Lia was currently inside the recording studio with BoA as they talked about her song selection and the concept.

 

BoA: This is good. Can you sing some lines?

 

Lia: Yeah.

 

When she started singing, she was amazed that she already put her own style to the song and her voice was no joke. 

 

BoA: You have a big talent right there. 

 

Her goal was to boost her confidence on stage since Lia was still a bit shy and hesitant. Lia sang the whole song as BoA instructed her to.

 

Meanwhile, Taeyong, Kai, and Mark walked across the room where BoA and Lia were in. They heard someone singing and the three of them looked at each other.

 

Mark: Who's voice was that?

 

Taeyong and Kai shrugged their shoulders and shook their head.

 

Kai: Is it a new talent?

 

Taeyong: I don't think so. I haven't heard of an upcoming debut.

 

Mark: Let's check it out. Let's sneak at the door.

 

He quickly and silently opened the door slightly as the other two also carefully looked.

 

Taeyong: It's BoA noona. No wonder.

 

When Lia sang again this time, the three of them were surprised to hear it. Then they closed the door carefully and walked at a distance.

 

Taeyong: Did I hear it right?

 

Mark: Yeah... That voice though. It's pretty high.

 

Kai: Well, Lia can sing. She actually taught you before when you were kids.

 

Mark looked at him in confusion.

 

Mark: Huh? What do you mean, hyung?

 

Taeyong: Ohh Mark, so you and Lia knew each other way back? That's cool!

 

Taeyong was fascinated while Kai realized what he said and covered his mouth.

 

Mark's expression became more confused and he just looked at Kai who immediately cleared his throat.

 

Kai: Uhm, I mean...

 

Taeyong got a call and excused himself from them for a while.

 

Mark: Kai hyung, you must have mistaken, right? 

 

Kai noticed that his expression became serious and he can't lie to him since he is already like a brother to him. He just hopes Lisa won't kill him for going ahead of them.

 

Kai: Mark, I'm sorry. You need to know something. Just listen to this and you'll know everything.

 

He made him listen to the recorded conversation that Jennie sent to him. Mark couldn't believe what he just heard and looked at Kai.

 

Mark: Is it... really true? Why didn't she say anything?

 

Kai nodded in agreement and put his hand on Mark's shoulder.

 

Kai: The truth is... Lia is shy to let you know. That's why Lisa had this recorded conversation as evidence and they sent it to me. Unfortunately, I slipped earlier.

 

Mark laughed and tapped Kai's back.

 

Mark: It's alright, hyung. Your secret is safe with me. Thank you for letting me know.

 

He sighed deeply and smiled.

 

Mark: I'll pretend not to know anything. Julia is still the shy girl I knew before but has a really amazing voice.

 

Kai: So what are you planning to do now?

 

Mark: I'll figure it out.

 

 

 

 

Taemin was currently in his apartment playing on his piano when his phone rang. It was his manager.

 

Manager: Hey Taemin, are you busy?

 

Taemin: Not really. What is it?

 

Manager: I don't know if you already knew but there are a few photos circulating on the internet just now about you and Na Eun meeting outside recently. I'm sending you the photos. Is this true?

 

Taemin was stunned. It was the time where he offered to drive her home from the airport. He wants to deny it and wished that those photos just would be gone this instant.

 

Taemin: It's true that we met previously but it's not like we're dating or having something in secret. 

 

He knows that no matter how he explains that it was with good intentions, it will greatly affect his career and Na Eun most especially.

 

Manager: I just want to remind you that you're having promotions with SuperM now and the company has big expectations. So I'm asking you nicely to set aside your personal agendas for now. You knew what happened in the past, right?

 

Taemin's hands clenched into a fist upon hearing those words. He felt like he didn't have the freedom despite his successful career. He calmed himself and sighed deeply.

 

Taemin: I know. We just happened to come across each other by chance at that time. That's all.

 

Manager: I'm sorry, Taemin. Don't worry I'll call the media to delete it. 

 

Taemin: Yes hyung. Thanks.

 

Manager: And for all these times that I've been your manager, I'm not insensitive to notice that you still like her.

 

He didn't expect such words from his manager.

 

Taemin: Huh?

 

Manager: You can meet in secret but just be careful, okay? Paparazzis are just at the corner. I can't defend you all the time but I'm here to support you, little brat.

 

Taemin let out a laugh. His manager is not just his manager but also one of his trusted friends and like a big brother for the longest time.

 

Taemin: Hyung, I promise not to get caught the next time. Thanks a lot.

 

Manager: Okay, I trust those words. Rest well.

 

Now that he thinks about it, Na Eun is uncomfortable and conscious when he's around. Though their meetings weren't planned or intentional, he just cherished those short moments and talks that they had.

 

It was still 8pm in the evening. The weather was just cold too. He was looking through his contacts and was having second thoughts on whether to call her or not. He was worried about her since those photos already came out on the internet. 

 

Meanwhile, Na Eun was in her apartment at that time. It was her rest day from work so she decided to bake some chocolate chip cookies before she indulges for a movie marathon. Her phone got a lot of notifications after she was done making the mixture and waiting for it to be cooked inside the oven. She was surprised and stunned by the article and photos of her and Taemin at the airport. It was messaged to her by Eunji, her fellow Apink member before. Eunji added another message.

 

Eunji: Na Eun-ah, how are you doing? Did you really meet with Taemin?

 

Everything that happened before came back to her. 

 

Na Eun: Hi Eunji. I'm doing good. Yes but we just met by chance at that time at the airport.

 

Eunji: This article is exaggerating. It says you two are dating and meeting in secret. Arggghhh. And I just can't take the comments --

 

Na Eun: Just let it be, Eunji. I'm not reading those comments. Thank you for informing me though.

 

Na Eun refrained from reading the comment section. She knows the impact on her the moment she reads them.

 

Eunji: You know that we're still here to support you, right? We're sisters in Apink. Be strong, Na Eun-ah. We miss you a lot. I hope we can get together some time.

 

Na Eun: I miss you a lot too. Well, your schedules are tight and mine as well. So maybe we could arrange that soon.

 

Eunji: Yeahhh. Always take care, alright? Surprisingly, the article and photos can't be accessed anymore. Maybe SM took care of it.

 

Na Eun just kept silent. She doesn't want to bother thinking about it. Then someone's number suddenly popped on her screen. It was Taemin calling. She doesn't know if she would want to talk to him now so she just kept the volume down while it was ringing and left it on the sofa. She went back to the oven to get the baked cookies and put it on a plate to let it cool. Going back to grab her phone, she got 2 missed calls from Taemin.

 

A few minutes later, he called her again. Now she decided to answer it after a few rings.

 

Na Eun: Oppa. 

 

Taemin: Na Eun-ah.

 

Na Eun: Do you need something?

 

He remained silent on the other line but he did still feel guilty.

 

Taemin: You already saw it, right? My manager already took care of it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 

 

Na Eun: Oh that. I totally get it that cameras are following you around wherever you go.

 

She can hear him sigh on the other line.

 

Taemin: Are you busy? Sorry for disturbing you at this time.

 

Na Eun: Not really. I'm just chilling at home.

 

He was silent for a while. Na Eun wondered and was about to speak to end their talk when he suddenly spoke.

 

Taemin: Can I ask you something?

 

Na Eun: What is it, oppa?

 

Taemin: We're still friends, right? Na Eun-ah?

 

She was confused by his question.

 

Na Eun: I... think so, oppa. 

 

Taemin: Hmmm... that's good to know. Have a good night rest then. I'll see you around.

 

Na Eun didn't answer back and just ended the call. Her heart was beating fast.

 

 

 

 

Lisa had her fourth meeting with Ten for Chinese language tutorial. They were inside YG's dance studio this time.

 

Previously, Ten gave her an assignment to write an article in Chinese based on a certain topic that she will pick herself and she will read it aloud in the next session.

 

Ten: So what topic did you choose?

 

Lisa: About gender equality.

 

Ten nodded and listened as Lisa read it aloud. He can tell that she's becoming more familiar and comfortable with Chinese unlike before.

 

".....Personally, when it comes to my friends' gender preference, I will respect it."

 

It was the last line of her article and Ten just nodded.

 

Ten: What do you mean by gender preference?

 

Lisa: For example if they are gay or a lesbian or anything, I will support them as long as they're happy.

 

They are currently conversing in Chinese and Lisa was really improving with her accent.

 

Lisa: Can I ask you a question? 

 

Ten: Go. What is it?

 

Lisa: You and Taeyong aren't having a thing, right? I mean I just noticed it especially on your recent Baby Don't Stop interactions during your tour.

 

He looked at her with a surprised expression and he suddenly let out a loud laugh.

 

Ten: Oh my... Hahaha Lalisa, you're funny. I'll tell you a secret, come here.

 

Lisa went near him and he whispered something near her ear.

 

Ten: I may look gay or feminine on others perspective but I'm still a man. But I can change my preference if I want to, right?

 

She immediately looked at him in confusion and he just smiled amusingly. This time, Lisa spoke in Thai language.

 

Lisa: Hey Chittaphon, stop playing around, will you?

 

He poked her nose and just smiled.

 

Ten: I'm kidding! Of course it's just for the fans. We're not having a thing. And we've been close friends since SM rookie days and with NCT.

 

She looked at him weirdly and he just raised a brow.

 

Lisa: You're gay! You're just covering it up. And you got a lot of valid alibi. 

 

She said while pointing a finger to him and he was just fascinated by her reaction. Ten quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards him.

 

Ten: Is that your final answer?

 

Their eyes met and she blinked twice.

 

Lisa: Yeah. It's obvious that you're ---

 

Her words were cut off when Ten held her right cheek and leaned so close to her face. Her whole body was stunned that she can't move as they had a staring battle. Ten's stare was so intense and she just gulped.

 

Ten: Well?

 

Lisa: A-Alright. I take it back.

 

He just smirked and finally distanced their gap.

 

Lisa: Hey that wasn't funny at all, Chittaphon.

 

She looked at him in disbelief while Ten stood up and bent forward then looked at her closely, who was still sitting on the floor.

 

Ten: You pulled the trigger first.

 

He smirked once again and offered his hand to help her stand up but she just yanked his hand.

 

Lisa: Geez. You're such a tease. 

 

She finally stood up and got her things. Then he handed her a thin pocketbook.

 

Ten: Here. You can bring that with you during your tour. It's some kind of a novel so you can practice more in reading Chinese characters. 

 

Lisa looked at it then at him.

 

Lisa: Thanks a lot, Ten. 

 

Ten: Sure.

 

They both went out of the studio and went to the elevator.

 

Lisa: Hmm I guess we'll resume after we go back from the US?

 

Ten: Yeah. Don't miss me that much, okay?

 

Lisa hit his arm and looked at him weirdly then shook her head.

 

 

 

Mark went again to the recording studio. He knew from their staff that SuperW will be having their rehearsals on the next few days for the upcoming US concert so he volunteered to do the errand from LSM.

 

The group was on their break time when he knocked and entered the room. He handed something to BoA and they were just conversing.

 

Lia stole a glance at him then quickly looked back on her script to continue memorizing some lines. Jennie hit her shoulder playfully.

 

Jennie: Lia, look.

 

Lia shook her head and kept her attention on her script. The rest of the members looked at each other then at her.

 

Irene: Oh my, she's really shy.

 

Mina: It won't be bad if we at least greet him, right?

 

Taeyeon looked on BoA and Mark's direction and noticed that they finally waved goodbye. She caught him looking at their direction.

 

Taeyeon: Hi Mark!

 

Mark: Oh, Hi!

 

She waved and gestured him to come. BoA went out for a while and told them that she'll be back. 

 

The members were just all squatting on the floor since they will have to resume their dance practice after the break. Mark was already walking towards them and Lia had a worried expression.

 

Irene: Chill. It will be fine.

 

Irene held her shoulders to make her feel relaxed.

 

Mark: I can see you're really busy with your preparations.

 

He said casually. He was already standing in front of them while showing a friendly vibe.

 

Lisa: Yeah. Days are fast approaching.

 

Jennie: What brings you here today?

 

Mark: Ah yeah. I got some errands earlier from Mr. Lee for BoA noona. I heard from our manager that she's here that's why I came.

 

He squatted on the floor and joined their circle.

 

Taeyeon: Right. By the way, Mark you're SuperM's maknae, right?

 

Mark: Yeah.

 

Taeyeon: Well, our dear Lia is literally shy. Maybe you could give our maknae a boost.

 

Lia straightened up and looked at her then at Mark who is just giving her a smile. She was surprised that she didn't feel nervous that he's in front of her right now.

 

Mark: So we're on the same boat? You see, I've been there. But an old friend of mine encouraged me to reach my dreams. As I look back to it, everything would be put to waste if I don't step out. I also got my hyungs with me in SuperM and NCT. That's how I overcame.

 

Lia felt a bit nostalgic. She remembered that she kept on pushing Mark to audition when they were young but he was really hesitant back then. There is a very drastic change to him. Now, he's the one who's encouraging her.

 

Lia: Yeah. I'll remember that. I'm thankful for my unnies too. Thank you, Mark. 

 

Mark: Sure. I know you can do it.

 

Mark just smiled at her and she just smiled in return. Then he stood up and bid goodbye to them. When he left, her unnies were squealing.

 

Irene: Waaahh, you guys talked!

 

Solar: Not bad. Mark was smooth earlier. He's just that kind of person who gives a positive vibe.

 

Taeyeon: Well, that's the least I can do for our little sister.

 

They all looked at her and waited for her reaction. Lia was smiling shyly.

 

Lia: He changed a lot. Like for the better. 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------

Hi! I hope everyone is doing fine during this pandemic. Take care of yourself always. 😊

We've been busy with work lately that's why I haven't posted an updated in a while. 😞 I apologize... But I'll do my best 😊 Pls tune in this fic til the end.

Have you seen SuperM's 100 MV? I can't wait to hear the rest of the songs in their new album!