Chapter 6

Avengers of Kpop

SuperM had a successful concert during their international tour in different cities abroad. Their debut song even hit number one on Music Charts.

 

They came back to Korea and were given three days to rest before their meeting with LSM and celebration party together with the staff.

 

Kai was just lying on his bed for the whole day. His body felt so tired after their spontaneous travel and concerts overseas.

 

Baekhyun was just near him but he was sitting on the couch while scrolling on social media.

 

Baekhyun: Wow. Heechul hyung and Momo are officially in a relationship.

 

Kai: That news was up after the New Year hyung. You haven't heard about it?

 

Baekhyun: Hmmm no. We were busy with preparations.

 

Kai: You're right. The sure thing we really knew was about Chen hyung will soon be a father and is about to get married.

 

Baekhyun: Yeahh. I'm really happy for him. 

 

Kai: A happy ending, I believe.

 

Then there was a moment of silence between them.

 

Kai: I'm wondering when that time comes if we're still gonna be artists.

 

Baekhyun: You know there are certain rules we need to follow for now.

 

Kai just nodded. As young as he was, he was one of the EXO members who is always looking forward to the future.

 

Baekhyun: Hey, something new is up. Your girlfriend is not in a good shape.

 

He passed on his cellphone to Kai. There was a news about hate comments again. He just slapped Baekhyun's arm about the 'girlfriend' thing.

 

Kai: What are you saying hyung? Don't tell me that you haven't been updated on that? Haha

 

Baekhyun: You have really moved on with Jennie, little bro? Then why is your wallpaper --

 

Baekhyun gestured to see his phone's wallpaper but he immediately hid it.

 

Kai: Heyy, this isn't what you think.

 

Baekhyun: Weeehhh??

 

His hyung looked at him suspiciously while pointing his finger at Kai.

 

Kai: You mean this wallpaper?

 

He confidently showed it to him.

 

Kai: This is a photo of a promotion we did and I love the scenery of it. That's all.

 

Baekhyun: Alright, alright. Fine. If that's what you say.

 

But he still kept on looking at Kai suspiciously and playfully while the latter just shook his head.

 

Baekhyun: But really, she was bombarded by hate comments during the show. I can tell that she's uncomfortable with it by the videos. Look at this.

 

Baekhyun played a video of the interview as the both of them watched it.

 

Kai: Jennie is strong enough to handle it.

 

Kai's tone turned to a serious one and Baekhyun couldn't help but look at him.

 

Baekhyun: Seriously? That's all you can say? You're not even concerned?

 

Kai: Hyung, we cannot please everybody, right? That's what you said to me before.

 

Baekhyun: But --

 

Kai: I'm tired. I'm going back to sleep for a while.

 

Then he covered himself with the comforter.

 

Baekhyun: Heyyy! I'm still talking here!

 

Baekhyun kept on bugging him but Kai didn't budge a thing and just closed his eyes.

 

'I am concerned, hyung. She's trying her best to be strong.' Kai thought.

 

 

 

 

The SuperM members and staff were in the middle of celebration party when LSM finally arrived.

 

Baekhyun: Oh hi Mr. Lee! We've been waiting for you. 

 

Taeyong elbowed him since he was too informal.

 

Baekhyun: Oh sorry. I mean we're glad you finally came.

 

He said while taking a bow towards their boss.

 

LSM: It's okay, Baekhyun. No need to be too formal. Guys, let's just enjoy and eat your hearts out.

 

Then the door opened once again and two famous figures came in. 

 

LSM: By the way, I brought guests tonight to join us. Kwon BoA and Kim Taeyeon.

 

The members' eyes widened since their seniors are there.

 

Lucas: Hi seniors! Please enjoy as much as we do.

 

Lucas greeted them as Mark and Ten served them food.

 

BoA: Ohhh thank you guys. 

 

Taeyeon: Good job for all your hardwork. 

 

She then shake hands to each one of them.

 

Taeyeon: Good job for leading the team, Baek.

 

Baekhyun: Y-Yeah. It was all the result of teamwork.

 

BoA: Hey Taeyeon, you need to look at this. Come here.

 

BoA grabbed her fast as they went to a staff.

 

"I saw that." someone whispered to him.

 

Baekhyun: You... Don't startle me like that!

 

He saw that Kai gave him a playful expression.

 

Baekhyun: Hmmm you're taking revenge now, huh. 

 

Then he just pinched Kai's cheek real hard.

 

Kai: Ouch! That hurt hyung!

 

Baekhyun: That's for sleeping when I was still talking then teasing me now.

 

Kai pouted and Baekhyun just hugged him while leaning his head to towards him.

 

A little later, there was an ice breaker hosted by Ten.

 

LSM excused himself together with the ladies including Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun: Sir?

 

He pointed at himself and looked at s with a confused look.

 

LSM: After this, you can go back here. I just want to discuss important matters.

 

Taemin: Okay sir. We understand. Our leader is just so hardworking, right guys?

 

Taemin said teasingly while the other members agreed teasingly too. Baekhyun looked at them with a pout and worried face.

 

He was wondering what's the matter this time.

 

The four of them went to LSM's office and they took a seat.

 

LSM: In case you're wondering, we're gonna launch a very special project after SuperM's success.

 

Taeyeon: What is it about, sir?

 

LSM: I believe that you are well aware of the news that's been circulating about depression, anxiety and even suicudal incidents with Kpop idols especially with the female artists.

 

The three of them looked at each other with agreement but still confused.

 

LSM: There will be a Super group composed of female artists.

 

Baekhyun: Wow! That's exciting!

 

BoA: Sir, with all due respect, we have limited female artists in the company as of the moment. SuperM was formed because there are a lot of male artists from male groups to choose from.

 

LSM: SM will not be the only one to compose it. It will be a collaboration with other companies. 

 

"What?!" the three of them said all at once.

 

Taeyeon: I mean, is that even possible, sir?

 

LSM: It is. In fact, some of the CEOs already agreed to it. Either one or two of their female artists will compose the group. I'm hopeful that this will give way to unity with the fandoms thus lowering the bashers if they will see that their idols are working together despite different companies.

 

BoA: I agree sir! I saw how united NCT 127, EXO, SHINee and WayV fans were when SuperM was formed and when they had their concerts.

 

Baekhyun nodded in agreement.

 

Taeyeon: Right. I really feel bad towards our co-artists having such struggles.

 

LSM: So I called you three to help me with this.

 

The three of them paid attention to what he's gonna say next.

 

LSM: I'm appointing BoA to supervise and coach the group. You will truly help them with your significant experience for a long time in the industry. So we will schedule a meeting with all the members after the other CEOs already have their final list.

 

BoA was surprised but she nodded in agreement. "Okay sir. Thank you for the opportunity."

 

LSM: So Taeyeon, you will be the leader of the group.

 

Taeyeon was startled with his sudden announcement. "Sir? Me?"

 

LSM: Yes you. You have the experience as SNSD's leader. I have confidence in you, Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon held both of her cheeks and pouted because she felt nervous about it.

 

Taeyeon: Sir, this is really overwhelming.

 

BoA just patted her back showing her support to her friend.

 

LSM: Don't worry, that's why Baekhyun is here. He will help you.

 

Baekhyun's eyes widened and pointed at himself. "Oh my gosh."

 

He looked at Taeyeon who was still in awe of what she heard so he thought he should act professionally.

 

Baekhyun: Ok sir. I'll try my best to help Ms. Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon looked at him weirdly and he just cleared his throat when he met her gaze.

 

'Why is she calling me Ms. Taeyeon?' that's what she thought.

 

LSM: This project is still a secret so please let's just keep it between the four of us for now, okay?

 

The three of them nodded in agreement.