Chapter 16

Avengers of Kpop

Taeyong and Jack went together to the masquerade party invitation from QueenM. The exclusive event was held in a big auditorium. They only saw a few people in formal attire going in the hall. Jack finally parked the car then they both wore their masks and walked towards the entrance. 

 

Jack: Dude, what's this event again?

 

Taeyong looked at the invitation card again. It says Masquerade-themed party. He noticed a sub details which says "3rd awarding ceremony."

 

Taeyong:  I'm not really sure.

 

He then let Jack see the sub details that he read just now.

 

Jack: Hmm I wonder.

 

They were seated at the fourth table near the stage together with other guests. Taeyong looked around and saw some familiar figures in masks.

 

Taeyong: Man, I think this has something to do with the underground rap thing.

 

He pointed to a man whom he had battled in freestyle rap just recently. A few minutes later, the lights went off and just focused on stage. A male and female hosted the event.

 

Then the LCD flashed " Welcome guests to our 3rd awarding ceremony for the Freestyle Rap battle!"

 

Jack and Taeyong looked at each other and nodded. 

 

Jack: You were right all along.

 

One by one, the awardees went on stage and were given a recognition, a special pin, and cash prize.

 

Taeyong began to look around for QueenM. But it was rather difficult to find her due to the masks they were wearing. Then a familiar figure went up on stage as the "Rookie of the year Award" was called.

 

Jack: Your girl is on stage, man.

 

Jack said while elbowing his shoulder.

 

Taeyong: Geez. Shut it. I guess we should congratulate her later on.

 

Both of them just clapped their hands like how the audience did.

 

A wine toast was led by the main organizer then heavy snacks and some desserts were also served.

 

Emcee: Alright ladies and gentleman, before we wrap up the night, let us witness a special presentation from one of our awardees.

 

The lights were focused at the center of the hall. All eyes were on the solo female performer. And it surprised everyone when she was doing pole dancing in an artistic but sensual way. 

 

Jack and Taeyong were shocked. They later on recognized that QueenM was the performer. She was wearing a y mini dress and was barefoot. The performance was just in front of where they were seated.

 

Then she suddenly had eye contact with Taeyong and walked slowly towards him synchronizing it with the beat of the music. The lights were just following her as well.

 

He panicked a bit and gulped. His whole body just froze with her gaze under the mask.

 

Jack: Is she walking towards you?

 

Taeyong: Uhm, Maybe? I --

 

QueenM gently held his hands and pulled him up towards the center. The audience went on cheering loudly for them.

 

She then whispered to him.

 

QueenM: You lead for the last five seconds.

 

Taeyong showed a confused look but just went on with his instinct. He held her hand then gestured her to turn around once. Then he slowly held her down while supporting his waist and back. On the other hand, she was holding his shoulders for support as she bent one leg up.

 

Everyone was in awe and a round of applause was heard with loud cheering. 

 

They were just looking at each other's gaze for a while. Taeyong realized what he did and immediately stood up while still holding her. She had a surprised look on her face but smiled afterwards.

 

QueenM: I'm impressed, Prince.

 

Taeyong: That was embarrassing, you know.

 

Then she raised their hands and bowed to the audience. Before he returned to his seat, he took off his blazer and put it around her waist.

 

She just looked at him and was surprised by his sudden gesture. 'How thoughtful' she thought and smiled secretly. Taeyong just looked at her and took a deep breath.

 

Taeyong: Oh, I... I just thought it'll be uncomfortable for you to walk around dressed... like that. Sorry for acting rashly.

 

He said embarrassingly and distanced himself a bit from her after realizing what he just did. Jack noticed that Taeyong was in a situation and he immediately joined in.

 

Jack: Hey Miss! That performance was so good. Congratulations on the award, 

 

Taeyong: Ah yeah. Congratulations.

 

QueenM: Thanks. 

 

Then an attendant came near her and whispered something. She just nodded without hesitation.

 

QueenM: Excuse me for a minute. 

 

Then she quickly left them.

 

Jack: Hmm, seems like she's big time.

 

They were still standing while watching her walking away from them. Jack looked at his friend who became quiet and he just snapped his fingers in front of him. Taeyong was a bit startled and looked at him while clearing his throat.

 

Jack: Hey man, what's up? You okay?

 

Taeyong: She's really pretty.

 

Jack just patted his back as the both of them went to the restroom.

 

Jack: You had your chance earlier, prince charming.  

 

Taeyong: That's really embarrassing. 

 

They returned to their seats after a while and looked around. The guests were just relaxing and having conversations with each other. Suddenly, they heard a commotion and a loud shout from the upper deck. 

 

There was a man holding a gun and was holding a man as his hostage.

 

"Nobody move! Or else!" he exclaimed. Everyone in the hall was in panic. Taeyong and Jack froze from where they were standing while witnessing the scene.

 

Suddenly, a group of armed men from behind him surprisingly gripped his arms and removed his gun.

 

"Let me go! This is just so unfair!" he exclaimed again as he was escorted out.

 

Taeyong: What was that?

 

QueenM: A VIP who was discovered to be using dirty tricks to the organization.

 

Both of them were startled. She has changed back to her gown earlier during the awarding.

 

Jack: Organization?

 

QueenM: Yes. This is a secret organization. Though we do underground rap battles, half of all earnings go to a certain foundation that we support. That man just couldn't agree to it. That's why we demoted him from the board and he just couldn't accept it.

 

Taeyong: We? Who are you exactly, QueenM?

 

QueenM: Can I trust you?

 

Taeyong: Of course.

 

He answered and elbowed Jack, who immediately nodded in agreement.

 

QueenM: Follow me.

 

They followed her shortly and some bodyguards also followed them from behind. They entered a room on the second floor and she immediately locked it. Only the attendant earlier and the three of them were there.

 

The two men felt nervous and looked at each other. She went towards the window with her back facing them and untied her mask.

 

Taeyong: Wait a minute. Are you sure you're gonna expose your real identity to us? I mean.. you barely know us.

 

Attendant: Don't worry. Miss knows whom to trust and not. She has a good instinct that's why she was elected to be one of the members of the board.

 

The moment she showed her face to them made the both of them even more surprised.

 

Taeyong: Seriously?!

 

Jack: You gotta be kidding me!

 

Both men removed their masks in that instant and three people in the room are now in awe. The attendant was just standing there at the side.

 

Taeyong: S-Solar? You're QueenM?

 

Solar: I-I wasn't expecting you to be involved in this kind of thing, Taeyong. This is a joke. An idol is here too?

 

He rushed near her with a face of unbelief.

 

Taeyong: Does your manager or your members know you're here, sunbae?

 

Solar: Of course not. Only my PA, Anna knows. 

 

Taeyong looked at Jack and Jack just shrugged his shoulders. 

 

Taeyong: It's too risky, you know.

 

Solar: I should ask the same thing to you.

 

She crossed her arms and walked around him.

 

Taeyong: I figured that it would be a fun experience. Sneaking around and having your photos taken by fans would just be the problem. So far, I'm good at it and I haven't heard anything in the media.

 

Solar: That's good then. Let this be a secret to the both of us, alright? I have reasons why I'm doing this.

 

Taeyong: Sure. No problem.

 

Then she got something from the cabinet and went near him.

 

Solar: By the way, thanks for lending me your blazer. 

 

Taeyong: I got to say. You're really talented and pretty, sunbae. 

 

She felt her face heating up and went near the window to hide her embarrassment.

 

Solar: It's getting late. You guys should go home now. 

 

He looked at his watch and it's already ten in the evening.

 

Attendant: Miss, the car is ready for you to leave.

 

Taeyong: Alright. Let's just leave together then.

 

She turned around feeling a bit surprised with what he said but just nodded in agreement. They put on their masks back before going out of the room then went to the parking lot where some bodyguards were waiting.

 

Solar immediately went inside her car and the two gentlemen did the same thing then they left the venue in separate directions

 

Jack: Man! What just happened tonight?!

 

Taeyong: I thought you suddenly turned deaf since you became very quiet earlier.

 

Jack: I needed time to absorb everything.

 

Taeyong: Me either. I can't believe it. 

 

Jack: But hey, it's a good thing you know. You're not gonna be a womanizer since QueenM is Solar after all. Hahaha!

 

Taeyong couldn't help but hit Jack's arm.

 

Taeyong: She's just full of mystery and surprises. 

 

-----------------------------------

I apologize for the super late update. Been busy with work lately -_- T_T

Have you seen Mtopia? Just finished watching it all. The boys are having so much fun and time to unwind. Let's continue to support them in their original group activities and for future SuperM projects 😊