Chapter 10

Avengers of Kpop

 

TOP's Instagram live and posts have gone viral lately. He stated that he's not gonna have a comeback in Korea because people are evil.

 

Mark took notice of that article and had mixed emotions. TOP is one of the rappers he admired and look up to. He was currently with Ten and Kai at SM's recording studio while waiting for the other SuperM members.

 

Mark: Guys, have you read about the article about TOP of Big Bang?

 

Kai: Yeah. It really got a lot of attention and worry among the fans.

 

Ten: That's a trigger. It might cause more conflicts. I'm kinda worried about this sort of thing that's been happening lately. 

 

Kai: But on the brighter side, I heard Mina of TWICE is already in a stable condition now from her anxiety. That's good news. They say she's gonna resume activities soon.

 

Mark: That's great.

 

Ten: Hey guys, do you remember when Lucas overheard one of the staff talking about a female supergroup?

 

Then he flipped his iPad and showed them photos and videos.

 

Ten: These were taken two days ago. They're in disguise but I'm sure you know them too.

 

Kai and Mark looked at the photos and viewed the videos.

 

Kai: This is at Incheon airport, right?

 

Ten: Yeah.

 

Mark: Wait a minute. That's Taeyeon and BoA sunbae, right? I see Mina and Irene too.

 

Kai: That's Solar, Lisa and... Jennie?

 

Suddenly the door opened as Lucas, Taemin, and Taeyong arrived.

 

Lucas: Sorry we're late. Hey what's happening right there?

 

Ten: We got some evidence.

 

Taeyong: What? Really? Let us see.

 

The six of them looked at the photos and videos together. After a few minutes, Baekhyun arrived.

 

Baekhyun: Heeeyyy.. guys?

 

He felt confused when he entered the recording studio because they were busy with something.

 

Baekhyun: What's going on?

 

Lucas: Oh hyung. You're finally here. Ten got some evidence about that rumored female supergroup. Take a look.

 

His eyes widened in surprise and viewed Ten's iPad.

 

Baekhyun: Wait a minute. These artists are from different companies, right? Maybe they just arrived all together at that time.

 

Kai: Yes definitely. But look, LSM is there too and they are interacting a lot. 

 

Ten: Isn't it suspicious that SM's bodyguards are guarding the other company's female artists too?

 

Mark: Oh! This is my theory! A special project is going on between the female artists from different groups and it is headed by SM.

 

Taemin: Actually, these kinds of special project isn't really new to us, right? Maybe there's a special stage performance or something.

 

The majority agreed with Taemin's perspective. 

 

Mark: Hmm do you know her? I bet she's a new artist.

 

Mark suddenly pointed in one of the photos.

 

Taeyong: Yeah. You remember the song Dalla Dalla and Icy? She's one of ITZY's members.

 

Mark: Ohh really? That group has potential.

 

Then Baekhyun finally interrupted while clapping his hands since he heard that their conclusions aren't that accurate.

 

Baekhyun: Okay guys. Let's start practicing the songs now before the recording staff arrives.

 

 

 

That night, SuperW's teaser MV was released with the soundtrack "Twist"

 

The teaser became trending in Youtube and in social media after just an hour of its release. The fans were surprised by the female artists' collaboration. It gained a lot of attention and feedback.

 

That time, the girls gathered in BoA's condo unit as they watched the teaser together.

 

"Wow." It was the same word that they all uttered at the same time.

 

Taeyeon: So cool!

 

Irene: I can't wait for the full MV!!

 

Lisa: Why do I feel Jopping's vibe in it? Hmmm

 

Solar: You're right! I knew something was similar!

 

Lia: But like its title, there's a twist, right?

 

Jennie: Well, as they explained about the concept before the video shooting then there is.

 

Mina: Mr. Lee produced it himself so it's gotta be something super nice!

 

BoA: Alright. Alright. Let's all calm down. It's still a teaser. I ordered pizza for everyone so let's eat!

 

The room was full of excitement and their relationship became closer.

 

 

 

On the other hand...

 

SuperM was having a gathering at an exclusive vacation house just near the beach. They were given time to relax after their consistent practices.

 

Lucas: Woah man! I knew something was up!

 

Taeyong: That teaser really made me more curious about what's going on.

 

Ten: They were even named as "SuperW"

 

Kai: So a female equivalent of us?

 

Mark: It's kinda different though. Since they are not only gathered from different groups but also from different companies!

 

Taemin: That was actually a unique idea especially with the members' selection.

 

Baekhyun felt that it's no longer a secret since their MV teaser has already been released. He sighed deeply and decided to speak to s about it.

 

Baekhyun: Actually... It was Mr. Lee's idea.

 

The six of them looked at him all at once with a confused face.

 

Taemin: Hyung, you knew about it?

 

He nodded in agreement while showing a reassuring expression.

 

Baekhyun: I'm sorry guys. I was told not to tell anybody about it.

 

Lucas: Hyung! Really? No wonder you always change the topic every time it's brought up.

 

Baekhyun: Haha yeah. I was actually worried when you guys decided to investigate. 

 

After that, he told them everything he knew. 

 

Ten: So you're like supervising them?

 

Baekhyun: Not really. That's BoA's role to do. Mr. Lee asked me to help Taeyeon in leading the group since he pointed out my role as SuperM's leader, which is SM's collab group.

 

Lucas: Ohhh... So you're like her sunbae now? 

 

Baekhyun: Not really. We just talked yesterday and they're doing good as she said. They are also getting closer after their MV shooting in Russia.

 

Kai: So tell us hyung, are you two getting closer too?

 

Baekhyun just eyed him and pouted then put his arm around Kai for teasing him. The other members didn't expect that coming and they started to .

 

Taeyong: Our leader is blushing!

 

Taemin: I can see the sky agreeing! Look!

 

The sky was full of stars with the bright full moon.

 

Lucas: Hyung, the heavens are rejoicing. We're so happy for you.

 

Lucas hugged him playfully as he just elbowed him and shook his head.

 

Baekhyun: Cut it out. It's not like what you think. Mr. Lee asked me to do that.

 

Mark: Haha kidding aside hyung, we truly believe in your leadership skills. Look how we are so close right now unlike before. You bring the mood in the group.

 

Then they all looked at the beautiful sky together with smiles on their faces.

 

 

 

Individual practices were done by SuperM in the next few days as scheduled by their manager. Ten was the first one on the schedule. He came quite early at the dance studio two hours before the call time.

 

He was starting with his stretching then scanned on the songs in his playlist to choose for a warmup freestyle dance.

 

He was in the middle of his freestyle dancing when someone came by the door and watched him silently. He was near the end when he finally noticed it.

 

"Artistic as always, Chittaphon."

 

Ten: Heyy, how long have you been watching?

 

"A while."

 

Lisa finally went in and sit on the side.

 

Ten: Oh right. I saw your MV teaser. 

 

He added and went near her and just sit beside her.

 

Lisa: I bet a lot were surprised.

 

Ten: Of course! How come you didn't tell me before? Now I finally get the fact why I saw you here in SM accidentally.

 

Lisa: I'm sorry. We were prohibited to say something about it when you caught me.

 

Ten's mood changed a bit and he pouted.

 

Ten: Alright. I forgive you but you should do a dance cover with me today.

 

Lisa: Dance cover?

 

Ten nodded and stood up while offering his hand for her to get up then they went to the center.

 

He scanned his songs and played Faded by Tink.

 

Lisa immediately recognized it because he did a solo stage with that song before. She just looked at Ten weirdly as the song started.

 

She didn't protest much as he saw him starting to move like her previous dance partner.

 

Both of them just danced professionally and Lisa was impressed and surprised at the same time. When the song ended, she can't help but clap her hands towards him.

 

Lisa: Wow. I'm truly impressed. You know the choreography.

 

Ten: I learned it after I saw it in one fancam during your concert.

 

Then he just smiled at her and Lisa felt stunned with his expression.

 

Ten: Let's record?

 

Lisa: Yeah.

 

Ten set up his phone and it was recorded the second time they danced.

 

Lisa: Hands down. I am now a fan of Ten.

 

Ten: Hahaha that's embarrassing. You're more popular than I am worldwide.

 

She just laughed and slapped his arm gently.

 

Lisa: You know what, I just miss Thailand. 

 

Ten: Yeah. Nothing beats home of course.

 

Lisa: Let's go there after you guys back from your international tour.

 

He was surprised by her sudden invitation but was a bit hesitant.

 

Ten: That is... 

 

Lisa: I already asked permission. The others are still quite busy so there's only you, me, Bambam and Nichkhun if ever.

 

He just looked at her in surprise when she already made arrangements about it. She was somewhat waiting for his answer and reaction.

 

Lisa: Are you in or not?

 

Ten: You already made arrangements so I'll go. I'm surprised though that they allowed us.

 

Lisa: Chittaphon, we need a break too especially that we're one of the few artists that have a lot of activities lately. That's what Mr. Lee said to me earlier this morning. Here's a proof if you don't believe me.

 

She showed him a permission letter approved by CEOs of YG, JYP and SM and he was shocked.

 

Ten: Unbelievable. Thank you, Lalisa.

 

He said and unexpectedly hugged her.

 

Lisa: Yeah. Sure.

 

She hugged him back and gently patted his back

 

Lisa: I need to go. We're having a group discussion with SuperW. 

 

He let go of the hug and looked at her with a smile.

 

Ten: SuperM will be rooting for you girls once your full MV is released especially the live performance.

 

Lisa: Thanks for the support!

 

Both of them high fived as Lisa finally left. Ten felt excited to go home in Thailand and it made him feel motivated. He watched the dance cover they did earlier. He thought of uploading it later on in his IG account when they are already in Thailand.

 

Later on, his backup dancers arrived together with one of the staff for the concert and proceeded with the practice.

 

 

 

 

Jennie was having a hard time with all the haters. She was trying so hard to ignore it but it just keeps bugging in her mind. She even encountered a group of fans earlier outside SM's building that got in her way and almost attacked her. Good thing, the bodyguards blocked them and she just immediately went inside with mixed emotions.

 

Jennie: I can't stand this anymore.

 

Solar: Hey, there you are! Uhm, are you okay? You don't look so good.

 

Solar approached her happily from the entrance but she noticed a gloomy expression from her. Jennie held her hand and looked at her with teary eyes.

 

Jennie: Can you go with me outside?

 

Solar: S-Sure.

 

Jennie was still holding her hand when they went out.

 

The group of fans who almost attacked her was still there. The bodyguards went between them.

 

Fan 1: You don't deserve to be in SuperW

 

Fan 2: Just quit already!

 

Fan 3: Why did you even become a Kpop idol in the first place? Tsk.

 

Fan 4: Tsk! Please tell your fans to keep their hands off from Lisa. They're just so reckless!

 

Solar felt pissed upon hearing those words. She was about to say something when Jennie just bowed to them.

 

Jennie: I don't know what I've done to make you feel bad about me. And I knew that what happened to Lisa was just an accident. I'm really sorry.

 

Solar felt confused and looked at her.

 

Solar: Jennie? What are you doing?

 

Jennie stood up and wiped her tears. She looked at them intently.

 

Jennie: Just please! Stop it! Yes we're idols but we're also human! Please do consider that!

 

The fans were stunned when she spoke and they looked at each other.

 

Suddenly a black van arrived in front of them. Baekhyun, Kai, and Taeyong went out.

 

Baekhyun immediately approached Jennie and Solar.

 

Baekhyun: Heyy, congratulations! We're really excited about the full MV.

 

The three fans quickly ran away after that. Jennie felt relieved and Solar just eyed them.

 

Baekhyun noticed that Jennie's face was gloomy and she looked like she cried. She was staring blankly and did not respond to him.

 

Baekhyun: Jennie? Are you okay?

 

Jennie: Y-Yeah. I'm okay.

 

Solar just sighed deeply and rolled her eyes.

 

Solar: Some fans almost attacked her earlier.

 

"What?!" The three of them said all at once and looked around.

 

Taeyong: Where are they? 

 

Jennie: They run away already after you guys arrived.

 

Kai: Here. 

 

Kai offered his handkerchief to her.

 

Kai: There will always be haters even though we've done all the good.

 

She just looked at it and smiled forcibly.   

 

Jennie: It's okay. Thank you guys.

 

After that, she quickly went inside the building and Solar was left outside with them. Kai sighed deeply and just returned his handkerchief in his pocket as he looked at her going inside.

 

Taeyong's attention was caught with Solar's aura. He thought that her hair is just so beautiful and flowy. Its color just suits her.

 

She caught him looking at her and he immediately looked down because he felt embarrassed.

 

Solar: I got to go. See you guys.

 

When she was already nowhere in their sight, the three of them followed and walked inside the building.

 

Baekhyun: Man, she ignored you.

 

Kai: Yeah. She hates me still. That's what I think.

 

Kai noticed Taeyong was in deep thought.

 

Kai: Hey, what's up? What are you thinking?

 

Taeyong looked like he didn't hear anything so Kai suddenly hit his arm.

 

Kai: Hey!

 

Taeyong: Oh!! What is it?

 

Baekhyun just laughed at his reaction. He was really startled.

 

Baekhyun: Nothing man. I'm starving. Let's eat.