Chapter 4

Avengers of Kpop

 

Taeyong joined an underground rap battle. He had been sneaking out for quite a while now because of this since it caught his interest. Through it, his rapping skills also improved a lot as an artist.

 
He is with his trusted friend and PA Jack, who has been accompanying him in this from the start. This time he came as a participant. All the participants' identity is kept secret so they are using aliases and wearing a mask every time they go to battle on stage.
 
Jack: The audience is incredible today Prince.
 
Jack was well aware to call him of his alias during these times. He was also disguising himself by wearing a long brown hair wig and put some freckles on his face then fake braces.
 
TY: Yeah. I bet
 
Announcer: Are you all readddyyy??
 
The people were cheering on continuously
 
Announcer: Let's give the stage to the undefeated for 8 rounds now.... Prince!!
 
Jack: Wohhoooo!! Prince you rock!
 
Taeyong looked at him and laughed. "Thank you my fan!" then he went up on stage.
 
Announcer: We have a new challenger for tonight. Give it up for QueenM!!
 
Everyone's attention was caught because the challenger is a woman.
 
Taeyong was surprised but at the same time he felt challenged. 'I need to win this.' he told himself.
 
Their rap battle started. Taeyong was on lead for a couple of rounds because it was just a freestyle. He felt confident and secured of the results so far.
 
For the last round their was a particular theme that should be included in their rap. The annnouncer draw lots and the theme was about love.
 
Announcer: The theme, ladies and gentlemen, is about love.
 
Then he looked at the both of them. They were given one minute to think.
 
Announcer: Alright. Time's up. You are given five minutes for this battle. QueenM will start.
 
QueenM:
How would you feel if I love you?
Trust me, you’d be in love too
But Prince, we can be mad cool
Just hit me if anything past due
 
The audience panicked with how she started it. Taeyong just smiled and replied.
 
Prince:
So you wanna fall for the bad guy?
So you wanna fall and get mad high?
Confess your love for me
Anytime I’m with you I live fully
Can you be the one who love me all the time?
 
QueenM:
You know I love it more, it's endless
Gleaming like diamonds, staring wild
Burn in my love through drama
God bless our every adventure so countless
 
Taeyong couldn't believe it. This QueenM is making this rap battle fun for him.
 
Prince:
I wanna be confident when I say you're my lady
I wanna be arrogant when I say you're my lady
You know to tell you this, It's embarrasing
But I think I'm really falling
 
The audience woooohh on his last line and the atmosphere became exciting. QueenM just shook his head and smirked.
 
QueenM:
Prince, this is a battle
I just hope you won't rattle
Love will come unexpected
But too late, my heart says You are wanted
 
The crowd became even more furious than before. Taeyong just sighed with a smirk and fanned himself.
 
Announcer: Woahhh, this is getting serious already. Love is just the topic guys. I didn't tell you to fall in love right here and then.
 
Prince:
The feeling of love needs something constant
It doesn't grow that instant
But for you I can make exceptions
Knowing that love has no conditions
 
He said the last line while moving close to her face. She didn't avoid his gesture but went close to him as well
 
QueenM:
Gotta be sure that it's no infatuation
We're in a different situation
I'm not an easy girl, Prince
Try harder if you're gonna convince
 
Then she pushed him away from her.
 
Prince:
My Queen there's no need
Please don't let my heart bleed
You cannot meet anyone like me
Think about it carefully
I'm not saying this jokingly
 
She was about to respond when a prolonged alarm sounded suddenly.
 
Announcer: Oh no! Ruunnn!!
 
Jack pulled Taeyong immediately and they run out of the place.
 
They went out successfully and tried to catch their breath at the side. But authorities were starting to arrest the others around them one by one.
 
TY: Damn! Let's go! Let's go!
 
Both of them run for their lives again.
 
TY: Jack, where did you.... park the car? How far... is it....from here?
 
He said while the both of them were running.
 
Jack: Near the train station.
 
TY: What?! Oh man.
 
Jack: You said that I should park it far from here.
 
TY: Okay. Okay. Let's just go there.
 
This time they were walking fast. They were already away from the scene.
 
Jack started to take off his fake freckles and braces. Taeyong noticed it and he was about to take his mask off and pull a cap and mask from his pockets.
 
"Where are you two going? Stop right there."
 
Both of them stopped walking and looked at each other. Taeyong and Jack didn't take off their disguise or else it'll be all over the news.
 
TY: Uhm, we were just going to the ---
 
He was halted to see who it was.
 
TY: QueenM?
 
He can see her smiling towards him. She was still wearing her mask as well.
 
QueenM: Good. I thought you guys were caught already.
 
She said while crossing her arms. Jack looked at her and felt relieved that it wasn't from the authorities.
 
TY: Where are you headed?
 
QueenM: It's a secret, my Prince.
 
Then she started walking away from them.
 
QueenM: I'll see you next time and I'll make sure to beat you.
 
They just looked at her back while she walked away from them and turned to the left road.
 
Jack: Let's go!
 
Taeyong shook his head and uttered, "Who is she, really?"
 
 
 
 
 
That night, news broke out about f(x) member Amber revealing about the pressure within the Kpop industry from her interview in an American program.
 
It went viral online and had a lot of views and comments in just a few hours. She even mentioned Sulli who ended her life because of bashers.
 
Lee Soo Man sighed deeply upon seeing the viral video because it is all true. And that was the cause of the health and mental issues that have been surrounding the female artists.
 
 
Flashback...
 
"Anyone in favor of Mr. Lee's idea, please raise your right hand." one CEO said and he raised his hand to vote.
 
The hall was quiet as the agency heads were thinking while some were reacting. Some even walked out and shook their heads.
 
After a few minutes, only several CEOs remained and that included him.
 
"So let's get to business," LSM said and pulled a few documents from her suitcase. He stood up and distributed it to them.
 
LSM: Gentlemen, that is my proposal but I'll give you time to think and read it before you sign. If you have any suggestions or revisions, please do raise it at our next meeting a few days from now.
 
"Mr. Lee, I believe and hope that this idea of yours will yield improvements to the industry."
 
"This is a big risk, I may say. I'm not yet 100% convinced to be honest... But I'll think about it."
 
"I'm actually having the same concerns with regards to the health and mental issues that are going on with a lot of artists. So I was relieved that someone thinks the same."
 
"It was brave of you Mr. Lee to initiate this even though you knew that not all of the companies will agree to your idea."
 
LSM: I really think it's time that we treat them like how we take care of our family and children, not just barely talents. People stay longer in a particular environment if they feel at home. That's what I realized.
 
The CEOs nodded in agreement. After that, they left the meeting room and will wait for LSM's email notification for the meeting schedule
 
End of Flashback...