Chapter 1 (The Meeting)

Avengers of Kpop

So Lee Soo Man, CEO of SM entertainment, created the collab group SuperM for US promotions from the groups EXO, NCT, WayV, and SHINee under his company. It was a generation of Kpop were male artists stood up the most. The competition was really on. A lot of fans are giving their support to this collab group, a.k.a. "The Avengers of Kpop".
They successfully released their first MV "Jopping" and it garnered high popularity even internationally. Schedules for their international tour are already set for the next few days and months.

 

However, it was also a time were female artists and groups are starting to decline in numbers and popularity, not only in SM but also in other companies. Suicidal incidents and depression are increasing.  Bashers for female artists and groups were becoming rampant that's why they prefer to take a break or worst-case scenario, leave their companies to avoid further damage to their mental health and even their safety.

 

Lee Soo Man didn't ignore this issue. After the success of SuperM, he thought of an idea that could possibly restore and make a wake-up call to the bashers and fans.

 

"Mr. Lee, what's this meeting for?"

 

"Yeah, we heard all over the news about the success of SuperM. So Congrats."

 

"We all know that SM is the only standing company this time. All of us are declining."

 

"Are you here to brag about your success and called us all up?"

 

The CEOs of different agencies blurted out with mixed emotions since they are on the verge of bankruptcy if this continues. Though their male artists and groups are doing well, the majority of them have female artists as their talents as a matter of fact. Others were just making a hopeless face and just kept quiet.

 

"Gentlemen, gentlemen. Please let's set aside competition for now. If you could just please listen to what I have to say. This is for the sake of all our companies." They all kept quiet and listened intently as he started.

 

"The impact that SuperM did, not just to Korean fans but also to a lot of international fans, brought unity among the fandoms. Due to this collab, fandoms became friends and support each other which is one of the positive outcomes. Before they would compete on who did better but as they see their idols working hand-in-hand with members of other groups, I can see that bashers with male artists and groups declined."

 

"So what are you suggesting that we should do, Mr. Lee Soo Man?"

 

"If you will all agree, I suggest that a female group will be formed consisting of female artists from different companies. I know for a fact that only a few stayed in your companies currently. As CEO, you know that you cannot promote effectively if groups are on the verge of disbanding."

 

They all kept quiet and thought about what he said. What he just said to them was all true and it pierced their pride. They weren't even complete since some companies already closed.

 

"Are you sure about that? What if it will fail?"


"But what if it will succeed?" he immediately replied with authority.

 

"It will cost a lot of money. You know how much investment it will cost to launch a new group especially if it's from all our companies representative."

 

"But you know how much return it will give if it will succeed. If you're concerned about the money, I'm contributing half the overall cost including their promotions."

 

Everyone was shocked. They all knew how much of a risk-taker he is ever since but they didn't expect him to offer that much.

 

"Anyone in favor of Mr. Lee's idea, please raise your right hand." one CEO said and he raised his hand to vote.