2nd Quiz- I'm part of this Class

20 1st Quizzes (VIXX N FanFiction)

2nd Quiz - I'm part of this Class

Hakyeon groaned, turning on his left when he felt the rays of sunlight finally seeping into his apartment windows. He sat up slowly, wincing in pain as he cupped his cheek that finally swell. 

"Wah, those kids are really no joke." He mumbled, studying his bruise in the mirror across his bed. 

"A bruise on the first day of classes?" He sighed, "not cool."

--

Hakyeon pushed the sliding door open to reveal bunch of middle school kids running and throwing things at each other which stopped the moment he stepped in. He greeted them with a smile as he made his way towards the teacher's table. 

"Are you, year 1 class B?" He started searching for his attendance sheet. 

--

Hakyeon hummed. "How's mom, by the way?" He asked. 

"Still the same, sir. She refuses to eat." The butler from the other line sighed and this made the teacher smile sadly. "Mr. Jang, please do everything to make her eat. Tell her I'll go visit her on Saturday." He said.

"I'm afraid she would ask you to shift courses again, young master. That's want she has been telling me lately. She kept on saying that you're too intelligent to settle for being a teacher only and that you're still young so you can still take up medicine." 

"Please tell her I'll think about it, Mr. Jang." Hakyeon pleaded before ending the call after the butler reported things regarding his mother. 

He sighed before taking a sip of his ice cold coffee, looking at the sky in the process. 

Change courses, huh?

--

Haneul closed the door of their house, looking for that old man who has been her companion ever since her mother left her. Seems like he was not home, she thought. 

She stopped on her tracks though, when she heard him calling her name right when she was about to step on the stairs. 

"What do you want?" She asked, not caring to give the man from the kitchen a glance. 

"What's this?!" Her father angrily tossed an envelope her way, which successfully landed on her face. 

She looked down to see the seal of Kam Ye Sun Middle school printed on the envelope. She reached down to pick the envelope when she heard Mr. Yong speak.

"Are you trying to repeat for another year again?! What the heck are you doing with your life?! Why aren't you attending your classes?!" 

Haneul scoffed at this. "Stop acting like you care, old man," she said. She opened the envelope and indeed, it was the notice of her absence. 

"What did you say?" He huffed angrily, coming out of the kitchen. Haneul regarded him with a fierce but hurt look. "Stop acting like you care about me if you only think about opening another can of beer after you finished your first!" She shouted before proceeding to her room to lock herself up, finally letting the tears she had been holding fall down. 

--

Hakyeon sat behind the teacher's table once more for his fifth chemistry class for the day. 

"Uh, so we'll do a roll call first..." He reached for the attendance sheet as he fixed his glasses in order to see the list of names clearly. 

"OK, Kim Jong Soon?"

"Present!" 

"No Chahee?"

"Over here, seonsaengnim!"

"Do Heejun?" 

"Present!"

"Mo Kihyung?" 

"Here!" 

"Cha Rin?" Hakyeon lifted his head to look for the student when nobody dared answer him. "Is Cha Rin absent?" He asked. Not long after, a girl from the farthest corner raised her hand slowly, covering half of her face using her notebook. 

"Ah, over there." Hakyeon placed a check mark near her name. "Why are you covering your face?" He asked, "remove it, it's okay. Don't be shy" he said, smiling at the shy girl. 

Slowly, the girl named Cha Rin removed her notebook from her face and smiled uneasily at her teacher. The teacher's smile was quickly wiped off his face. 

"Oh..." He uttered. "I'm your chemistry teacher... For this semester," he ended.

--

"Haneul-ah! Haneul-ah!" ChaRin and Minha ran towards the eldest under the bridge, trying to calm their pounding hearts. 

"The oppa... From last time!"

Haneul raised her right brow, looking at Minha catching her breath. 

"Yeah, he is definitely..." 

Haneul turned to the other girl 'tsking'. "What are you trying to tell me?" She asked. These two just have to come at a very wrong time, ruining her dramatic episode. 

Minha was the first one to catch her breath first. "The oppa, from last time." Haneul nodded. "Whom you said was your style," another nod. "He's our chemistry teacher!" Both Minha and ChaRin said at the same time. 

Haneul looked at the two incredulously, before bursting out in laughter, causing the girls to frown and whine at her reaction. 

"Its real," Minha . Haneul wiped fake tears on her eyes then looked at the two. "Don't mess with me, you rascals," she threatened by balling her fists and swinging them towards the two jokingly. "He looks like a high schooler, there was no way he's already working."

"Aissh, we're telling the truth!" ChaRin exclaimed. "His name is Hakyeon! Cha Hakyeon!"

"He teaches Chemistry on first and second graders." 

Haneul turned serious with this newfound information. "Really?" She turned to the two. She was answered with a simultaneous nod from the youngsters. 

--

Students crowding the hallway started making a way for the delinquent that decided to go to school after few weeks of being absent. 

Murmurs and whispers filled the air but Haneul chose to ignore the voices. She only went to school to see if what Minha and ChaRin told her yesterday. If it's not real, she was ready to teach those brats a lesson for tricking her. 

She could actually envision the two laughing at her. She 'tsked.'

She continued walking until she could no longer hear the voices of her school mates. They finally decided to tend to their own business. 

As she was looking on the floor, she got startled when she bumped into someone and the notebooks that person is carrying scattered on the floor, while she stumbled backwards. 

"Yah! Watch where you-"

"I'm sorry!" 

Both said and stopped at the same time. Hakyeon looked as shocked as the younger girl who was looking up at him. 

"You..." He said.

--

The chemistry teacher handed the girl a coffee, before sipping on his own, leaning beside her on the flower fence. 

"I'm not going to say 'thank you'" she said. The student teacher looked at her, frowning before taking another sip of his drink. "Suit yourself." 

Haneul fidgeted. She wasn't like this before, so why was she acting strange towards this guy? 

She look up to study his side profile. Hakyeon, noticing that the student was looking at him, turned to look at her inquiring, but she didn't get to see that because her gaze is already focused on something else. 

"What do you want?" He asked, bumping his arms with her. He suddenly remembered what he told them nights ago. His brows raised, "Are you short in money?" He asked. 

At this, Haneul's eyes widened, her ears reddening in embarrassment. She quickly looked up at him. "What?! Heck no!" She denied  defensively, moving away from him. Hakyeon unconsciously flinched. "What the... I'm just asking." He defended.

Haneul looked down once more. Those eyes, she can't stare at them for too long. 

"I... Study here." She said. Hakyeon looked at her. 

"You're a middle schooler?" He asked in disbelief. He studied her from her to toe, she looks like they were of the same age so he was shell-shocked to see that she's still on her middle school. Oh, so she's actually younger than how she looks.

The girl answered with a small nod. "So, why did you brought me here?" She looked up at him, then quickly looked down again when Hakyeon looked at her. 

What the heck, Hakyeon frowned. 

"Well, I thought you're here to extort money. Who knows, you might have disguised so you can enter the campus. I can't let you rascals do troubles inside the school premises." He said truthfully. A scoff from the girl caught his attention. He turned to look at her, sipping on his drink.

"You're right." She started. "I'm a good for nothing delinquent who knows nothing but to extort money from students who are weak." She looked up at at him intently. "But let me tell you something," She unlearned then  started walking towards him. Unconsciously, Hakyeon started walking backwards, who knows she might start hitting him again. "I don't just cause troubles for students. I also hit teachers who are very weak to even stand for his self." She finished before turning around when Hakyeon's back hit the vending machine behind him. 

Before running away, she left the guy something that made him awake for the nights that proceeded. 

"I thought you're different."

--

Haneul kicked stones on her way to their meeting place, under the bridge. I hit people, so what? She scoffed. 

From afar, she noticed two waving figures. Soon, she found herself smiling, waving back at the two before jogging towards where they were. 

"Why are you swinging that?" Haneul asked ChaRin who was busy flinging a piece of 100 won in the air, making hearty eyes. 

The girl stopped what she was doing to look at the older. "It's from Cha seonsaeng-nim!" ChaRin squealed after. 

She scoffed. "What? Who the heck is Cha seonsaeng - nim?" She tried not to laugh at the ridiculous girl. 

"That oppa from last time. He's name is Cha seonsaeng-nim! Waaah~ he's such an angel!"

Haneul felt the world crashing down. Just what the heck did that guy do for the little girl to be this way? Also, why was that guy getting in their business?

"Did you hit him?" Haneul asked, incredulous. "Nope." Minha shook her head. Haneul looked at the other girl, demanding answers. "Well, the cafeteria was serving pasta earlier and we are short of some cents. And we remembered what Cha seonsaeng-nim said. So yeah..." Minha trailed off, when she sensed something off from the older. 

Haneul raised her left brow. "He gave you money?!" She suddenly felt her anger rising. The girls nodded as a response. "Wah, jinjja..." She mumbled. This can't be.

Haneul stomped out of the place in anger. Just who does he think he is? He was merely a teacher. She suddenly stopped walking abruptly. Why the hell was she getting worked up?!

She shook her head several times. She's getting mad because he was messing with her friends' brains, nothing more, nothing less. It's not because she was jealous or-

Wait. She was the one who suggested jealousy. 

Haneul let out a frustrated sigh because she was seriously getting crazy. 

She slumped down on the grass resting her head on her arms that she crosses on top of her bent legs. 

"I'm seriously going crazy..." She mumbled frustratingly. 

Somebody pat her back and she looked up to see Minha looking down at her worriedly. "Haneul-eonnie... Are you okay?" 

Hearing Minha calling her with honorific made Haneul crack up a little. She layed on her back to look up the clear sky. "I'm fine, just... Confused." She answered after a while. 

The girls looked at each other before sitting down to join the laying girl on the grass. 

--

"Is Yong Haneul still absent?" Hakyeon asked, while he transferred his stares from one student to another trying to get any response from them. This has been his 7th meeting with this section and he hasn't had a glance on whoever was this Yong Haneul.

"That's weird though. I believe this kid hasn't dropped out of school yet..." He mumbled. 

Anyways, he should start his lesson already. He stood up, ready to open up the topic when the door suddenly slammed open. Everybody's gazes turned to the visitor. 

"I'm sorry for being late, seonsaeng-nim! I'm Yong Haneul, and I'm part of this class." The newcomer announced, which had caused the male's eyes to widen. 

Yong Haneul went to school for the first time after weeks of being absent today.

And she was, unfortunately, the girl who slapped him hard that night. The reason why he walked with a swollen cheek for days. 

~📗~

A/N: Oooh. So they are student and teacher. Did not proofread anymore as I was very excited to update this chapter.