7th Quiz - Let's get some Coffee

20 1st Quizzes (VIXX N FanFiction)

7th Quiz - Let's get some Coffee

"What?" She scoffed, turning the swivel chair around to look at the girl who's head hung low. 

Mari sighed before deciding to look at her eyes. "I want to leave the gang, Nara-eonnie..."

Kim Nara laughed mirthless for a while at the middle school girl in front of her. "You want to leave?" She asked, looking at Mari intently. The latter, surprised by the sudden question stuttered a quick "yes" as her response. 

She focused her attention on her laptop by turning the chair back around. Mari was nervously waiting for the elder's response so she flinched when Nara suddenly leaned on her chair, leaning her head way back so she could look at the girl threateningly. 

"Fine. You can go," was what Nara said before she leaned her head forward, typing something in her device. 

"R-really?" Mari asked suspiciously. There was no way that Nara will let them go that easy. The leader answered with a 'hm' and a light nod, intertwining her hands in front of her. "But..." She said, yet again, turning the chair to look at Mari. 

"You're on your own now." Nara smirked. "You not entitled of my help specially that you dragged Minha into that stealing incident." She shrugged her shoulders whereas Mari's eyes widened. "Who knows, I might actually frame you up into telling the authority that you were selling the medicines." She laughed at Mari's reaction. "Go on. Choose. Leave the gang? Or..."

--

The investigation regarding the stealing incident has long stopped since Kang Mari has already come clean to the police. Luckily, the drugstore owner agreed into not bringing the case into the court anymore and have agreed that the kids should just have to pay for the medicine they stole. Soon, the Chos got the chance to pay for the medicines and that's when Yong Haneul's life started to change. 

"Oh, you guys came early." Haneul stated, studying the sullen faces of her two friends. When she didn't get any usual response from the two, she laughed uneasily. "What's this? Why so serious?" 

"I'm leaving." Minha answered. Haneul frowned. "What?" 

"I said I'm leaving." The girl repeated again, looking anywhere else than the elder's face. "Leaving? Why? Where to?" She regarded the two exchanging looks which cause ChaRin to look somewhere else too. 

"Why are you suddenly leaving?" Haneul asked, finally feeling hurt all of a sudden. "My mother learnt about the gang," Minha started. "She got mad at me. Told me I'm ruining my life even more." Haneul scoffed. "Were your life ruined, being with Charin and me?"

"I'm not talking about that! If it wasn't for the gang, do you think Mari would have been able to order me around? If not for the ranks of that stupid sorority, do you think my mom would have to pay for a lot money for something we didn't even got benefit from? Take time to think, Haneul-eonnie!" Minha exclaimed, panting as she was doing her best to contain her anger. Don't get her wrong, she didn't get mad at Haneul, she's actually mad at herself for doing reckless decisions in her life.

What the younger said made Haneul speechless. Indeed, Minha was right. There was actually no benefit from joining the gang. "Suit yourself," Haneul uttered before walking away, leaving the two behind. 

Minha sighed as ChaRin went near her to pat her back. "Let her be, she just need time to think." 

--

Two days passed since the last time Haneul went to school. She opted to stay in her room in contrast to how she usually acted. Before she always felt suffocated being inside their house, but this time, she liked how the coldness of the room creep in her system. 

"Haneul-ah," her father's calling made her roll her eyes for the umpteenth time that day. He seriously isn't planning to push her into eating again, is he? 

The incessant knocking made her blood boil even more, turning around on her side, covering her self with her comforter in hopes of silencing the calling accompanied by his knocking. It was successful, but when he finally let out the news meant for her, Haneul quickly bolted up straight, reaching for her bedroom door. 

--

Haneul ran frantically down the train station, turning her head from side to side, looking for that familiar backside to no avail. Earlier that day, her father told her that the Chos are  moving which caused her to dash outside, going to the laundry shop but came too late. The shop was vacated already and so do as the apartment they are renting. 

On the contrary, she immediately hailed a cab and decided to dash towards the train station. The talk few days ago didn't end well, and she hadn't said her goodbyes yet, so...

She quickly bought ticket so the guards would let her pass the area in hopes of seeing her friend. Soon she arrived at the loading area but no signs of Cho Minha was seen. Instead, a turning guy in his teen age caught the female's attention, his eyes mirroring the same surprised expression Haneul had. 

"Yong Haneul-ssi..." Hakyeon mumbled, surprised to see his student huffing, tears b in her eyes. 

"Minha... Where is she?" She asked. At this, Hakyeon lowered his head. She charged towards him and held him by the collar, "I asked, where is Cho Minha? Damn it!" She shook him furiously, keeping her tears at bay, as her body trembled in anger.

He was supposed to removed her hands yanking at his collar, he was supposed to scold her for disrespecting her teacher despite him being a student teacher, but seeing her face that screamed desperation and the way her voice shook from keeping her self from crying, Hakyeon let her aim her frustration at him. He let her be. 

"Minha..." He started. "I thought their family would ride the train so I rushed here to say my goodbye. Turns out they moved by renting a truck. They departed a while ago, based on what Han seonsaeng-nim told me on the phone. They're probably halfway on their destination." He ended, explaining carefully. Finally, teardrops started racing down her face one by one as her hands that was busy pulling him in his collar let loose, falling down the sides of her body. 

She said nothing but ended up crouching down the ground, as she hugged herself rocking her body back and forth. At that moment, Hakyeon didn't know what to do, looking around him in panic, checking if anyone was thinking that he bullied the girl. 

"Minha-yah..." Haneul whined quietly as she basked in pure sadness, Regretting the fight with her friend. 

"Yong Haneul-ssi..." Hakyeon uttered uneasily when the people passing by started whispering with each other, probably judging  the two of them. It may not be real, but it looked like he dumped the girl, if not, they looked like a couple breaking up. 

Haneul looked up at him with her swollen eyes and he swore he felt his heart broke. All thoughts about the people around him and their judgement flew out the window as he reached for her arm and pulled her up, locking her in his embrace. "It's okay, I'm here." He whispered, tapping his hands on her back comfortably. 

What he did caught the girl off guard, but when she was met with his warm embrace, and his soothing voice reached her ears, Haneul finally let herself loose as she cried some more, wetting his shirt. 

The two stayed like that for some time because strangely, hugging each other felt like it was right and the most appropriate thing to do at the moment.

--

Five hours after hugging each other, the two were out of the train station walking silently beside each other. The deed earlier made the pair speechless thinking about the same thing. 

Outside, Hakyeon looked fine, but inside, he was embarrassed beyond belief about what he did earlier. "I'm here?" Just what the heck is he thinking?!

Outside, Yong Haneul looked devastated, crying her heart out. Inside, she was devastated double time as she couldn't grasp why she leaned in his embrace, burying her face some more as she continuously cried. 

The two chose to ignore each other after Hakyeon noticed that the girl has stopped crying. He untangled his arms around her when he finally realized their position. She too, might have realized their position as she quickly uttered a "let's go" without looking at him. The male nodded once as he agreed with her with a small "its getting late." 

A grumbling sound made both halt from walking. Hakyeon looked at the girl beside him. "Are you hungry?" He asked. 

All of a sudden, Haneul shot him a menacing glare, is he seriously retarded or what?! Why does he have to ask something which is already obvious?!

Hakyeon flinched seeing her glaring at him. At this, Haneul sighed before looking anywhere else, walking ahead of him. Hakyeon followed her with his vision, confused as to why she glared at him, and then it hit him. "Yah, Yong Haneul! Let's get something to eat!" He shouted which caused Haneul to stop on her tracks to look at the guy. 

"It's on me" he announced. 

"Coffee..." She mumbled after a long moment of silence. Since she was a few steps ahead of him, Hakyeon frowned a little, "huh?" He asked. The girl huffed before charging towards him again. The latter stepped back a little when she started approaching him only to stop when she reached for the hem of his shirt as she looked at everywhere else other than his face. He blinked at her, then focused his attention on the hand pulling on the hem of his shirt lightly "coffee..." She repeated again. She looked back up again when she spoke. 

"I'm craving for some coffee." She bit her lips before nodding. 

"Ah..." Hakyeon nodded slowly. "Let's get some coffee." He said. 

-📗-