18th Quiz - You're jealous, aren't you?

20 1st Quizzes (VIXX N FanFiction)

18th Quiz - You're jealous, aren't you?

Yong Haneul sat on her seat, a little bit more enthusiastic than usual. Well, her love interest is here already, and nothing could possibly ruin her day.

Cha Seonsaeng-nim checked the attendance as usual and she could only grin at him whenever their eyes met, the former only frowning at her, looking away immediately as he was seriously being weirded out by her expression. 

They were given a free day as the only thing needed to be done right now is the computation of grades. At this, the girl used her time studying the teacher in front. 

Soon, a girl approaching his table caught Haneul's attention. She immediately straightened up, observing the approaching girl. She frowned. 

Was she holding a-

She slapped her hands on . This can't be. 

"Thank you for the notes you allowed us to borrow, Cha Seonsaeng-nim."

Oh. My. God.

Haneul's classmate, Yoo Myunghee beamed at the guy who looked up at her when she called him. 

"Thank you, for these."

She saw Hakyeon smiled at the girl before he nodded in acknowledgement. "Did it help you?" 

Haneul slammed her hands on her table as she stood up all of a sudden, shock written all over her face. 

All heads turned to her, surprised by her sudden action. Hakyeon, too looked at her, surprised. 

"That..." She pointed at the notebook Myunghee was holding. 

"Yes?" She asked. Hakyeon tilted his head, studying Haneul's reaction. 

As fast as a lightning, Yong Haneul left her desk then charged towards Myunghee, her gaze focused on the notebook she was holding. 

"That thing..." She started. Myunghee held the notebook towards the older, confused at her reaction. 

Haneul quickly turned the pages of the notebook, and she looked at the teacher incredulously. The contents were the same with the reviewer he gave her. 

"What's this?" She asked him. Hakyeon frowned. She turned around when she heard another classmate spoke. 

"I also have that one." Choi Sejong answered, bewildered by Haneul's reaction. 

"Me too." 

"Cha Seonsaeng-nim gave me one, too"

"I-i-i also have one of those..." Jang Donggu cowered away when Haneul shot him a sharp look. "I'm sorry," he quickly added. 

Soon, agreement from others that they have one too erupted. 

She looked back at Hakyeon once again, hurt. Quickly handing the notebook back to Myunghee, she stomped out of the room, leaving class 2B bewildered.

Hakyeon could only frown at how she acted. 

"Cha Seonsaeng-nim..." 

"Yes?"

--

Haneul blew another puff of air for the umpteenth time that day. She doesn't know why but she felt mad. At Cha Seonsaeng-nim? No. 

At herself? Yes. 

She can't believe that she actually thought the guy cared for her deeply. She thought he made the reviewer thinking only of her, turns out he just acted like how a goody two shoes teacher would, so his students would pass the exams. 

What's worse, the contents and tips from her reviewer was the same as the contents with Myunghee's notebook. Probably, it was the same as what was written in Sejong's and Donggu's or everyone else's. 

She hugged her knees closer as she studied the guys practicing for the baseball tournament. They were using the field, and Haneul could not be more thankful that she can find something to entertain herself.

If he made the reviewer for all his students and not only hers, then that only means he doesn't care at her genuinely at all. 

She ruffled her hair as she let out a roar of frustration, slumping down on the grass, looking up at the clear sky. 

Down at the field, the baseball club just gawked at the shouting lunatic from afar. 

"Is she crazy?" 

"Don't mind the repeater."

--

Cha Hakyeon wandered down the campus grounds when a certain someone didn't wait for him outside the faculty room. He didn't get why she acted the way she did earlier. 

Was he supposed to just give her the reviewer? But then, how about the others, it would be a pity if only Haneul would pass. 

He craned his neck from side to side in hopes of seeing the girl, she couldn't possibly gone home already, right?

He huffed at the thought. He's seriously getting frustrated. They didn't get to see each other for days and yet, here she was, refusing to see him. Just what did he do wrong, really. 

He halt on his tracks when he saw Yong Haneul sulking as she walked, her head hung low. He tilted his head to study her. He kept his lips shut as to not let a smile bloom. 

She must be too engrossed on her sulking as she didn't noticed his presence, even if they were walking on the same path. If only she didn't see his shoes, she wouldn't finally halt to look up at him. 

When their eyes met, Cha Hakyeon finally let a smile past his lips, looking at the pouting girl affectionately. 

Yong Haneul let out a 'tsk' before turning on her heels, leaving him alone. 

Originally, Haneul was supposed to get her bag from the room if only she didn't met Cha Seonsaeng-nim on her way. Now, she suddenly regretted going back to the room. 

Cha Hakyeon on the other hand, lost his smile at her reaction. Originally, she was supposed to smile beamingly at him, so he was surprised to see her turning her back on him. 

"Yah, Yong Haneul!" He called incredulously, which successfully made the girl looked at him. 

He turned more incredulous, when she just glared at him for a few seconds before resuming her walk.

Hakyeon scoffed. "What's this?" 

"Yah, Yong Haneul! We didn't get to see each other for days. Didn't you miss me?!" He hollered. 

Once again, Haneul turned towards him. Of course, I do. You idiot. But she didn't let him know, she was too prideful to admit that. She only regarded him with a glare before turning around again to walk away. 

That does it. 

Cha Hakyeon charged towards the sulking girl before taking a hold if her left hand, dragging her towards the school gates. 

"Yah! Don't touch me!" Haneul screamed, trying her best to loosen up the guy's grip on her left hand. "I'm mad at you, don't touch me! Yah, where are you taking me?!" 

"I promised to take you out on a date when you do well on exams, and we're going on one." Hakyeon answered, not at all looking at her. At this, Haneul just looked at his back, the resistance soon stopped and she just let the guy drag her to who-knows-where. 

--

Haneul sat on the floor of the outside the arcade, still sulking. Hakyeon, however, just stood awkwardly, playing with the tiled floor, using his right foot. He has never been on a date, so he don't really know what to do. Now, he hopes his companion cooperate because he was seriously getting embarrassed. He looked down at the girl who was spacing out, looking at space. He let out a sigh before finally sitting down beside her. 

Haneul looked at him, still pouting. "Okay, speak." He announced, not looking at her. She scoffed. "What do you want me to say?" She deadpanned. 

He hummed. "I don't know. Maybe the reason why you're mad at me?" He finally looked at her this time. 

Haneul felt her anger rising again. "I don't know!" She snarled at him, standing up before stomping her way inside the arcade. Hakyeon just tilted his head in confusion. 

Yong Haneul is very hard to read. 

He sighed before finally standing up, following the girl inside. 

--

Despite being inside the arcade, Haneul still refused to talk to him. Hakyeon just let her be, nevertheless followed her whenever she went.

Haneul went near the crane and quickly feed a bill to let the equipment work. She groaned when she was so close in getting the plushie but still ended up falling when the foot hit the barricade. 

Hakyeon too, grimaced but quickly straightened up his face when she shot him a quick glare. She left him again to try other games. 

Next, she tried the shooting rink. She was having the time of her life, successfully shooting without difficulty at the first rounds, but when the basket started moving from side to side, the young girl got frustrated every time she missed. 

In the end, she didn't get to pass the highest score and just ended up feeling more anger in her system. Hakyeon who was behind her laughed a little but immediately stopped when she glared at him, yet again. 

Yah, I'm older than her, and yet she glares at me. He frowned. 

One more. He changed in his head. One more. 

Soon, Haneul found herself slamming the buttons of the game console, as she was losing against the automated enemy. She hiss before she punched the keys more angrily this time. 

"You lose!" 

"Ah, bwoyah!" She hollered, puffing her cheeks in frustration. At this, Hakyeon finally decided to talk to her about what happened earlier. He sat down beside her. 

He got shocked out of his wits when all of a sudden, Haneul wailed like a lost child, rich tears leaking out of her closed eyes. 

"Hey, why are you crying?" He asked in panic, looking from side to side for possible onlookers. "Yah, Haneul-ah..." He called. 

When he called her name, Yong Haneul's wails hot louder. She was actually getting mad and frustrated at herself for feeling so possessive. She knew they werent in a relationship or anything, but she hate the fact that she wasn't the only one he thought of made he made the reviewers. 

Because as much as she hates to admit, she got jealous of her classmates. She got jealous because Cha Seonsaeng-nim is thinking of them. She got jealous because she wants him all for her self. 

And she's mad at herself for thinking that. She's mad at herself for being selfish. 

"Let's go eat, Haneul-ah." She heard him said before delicate fingers wrapped on her left wrist, pulling her up. 

--

Hakyeon brought the girl to a pastry shop, currently checking out the menu in front of the counter. 

He turned to his side, "what do you want to eat?" He asked the sniffling girl. 

She shook her head no, eyes looking at the ground. She was seriously embarrassed on how she reacted earlier. 

A lot of onlookers whispered among their selves when the two walked out the arcade but the guy chose to ignore them even if he was seriously going nuts. Well, for as long as they leave them alone, he would live. 

He nodded in understanding, "then, just look for an empty table and wait for me. I'll go buy us some foods." He was supposed to walk ahead but she stopped him by his shirt, leaning her forehead on his right sleeved arm. He looked down at her. 

"I missed you..." She mumbled, embarrassed. At this, the young teacher smiled, looking at the menu. 

"If you miss me that much, go look for an empty seat and be a good girl, okay?" He asked, looking back up at the menu board once again. 

Soon, he felt her hold on his shirt loosening up, and for a minute there, he wished that she wouldn't leave him behind, but she did. 

Oh well, they'll talk again for sure later, anyway. 

--

Hakyeon slid a slice of mocha roll her way as he sat down on his side of the table. He continued looking at her, studying her expression.

"Are you OK?" He queried. She nodded once before taking a hold of her fork.

"Come on, speak." He tapped his fingers on the table to get her attention. At this, Haneul looked at him before sighing. She looked out the window after taking a bite of her mocha roll. 

Hakyeon too, released a sigh. Why was she being so difficult? 

Soon, he stood up, going to her side of the table then sat down beside her. 

"Yah, Haneul-ah. Are you mad at me?" He poked her cheek, which she quickly evaded.

Hakyeon puffed his cheeks. He's getting somewhat... Irritated. 

"I'm not mad at you." Haneul uttered, still looking outside. He raised his left brow, "oh yeah? Why are you ignoring me, then?" 

"I'm mad at myself." Haneul answered. The guy looked at her in astonishment. "I'm mad at myself for feeling so selfish all of a sudden. The old Haneul would never actually care about people around her, but then," she paused, finally turning around to face him. "The thought of sharing your attention with other people, makes me feel irritated all of a sudden, and I hate myself for it." She finished, embarrassed with her outburst. 

Hakyeon just awkwardly rubbed his nape, hearing her. Soon, she turned away again, looking outside. "Ah," he answered. 

"I'm sorry." He heard her say. He just nodded, learning that she couldn't hear him, he answered with an 'its okay,' at her. 

--

The two walked alongside each other, the guy checking the girl every once in a while. He knew something isn't clear yet. She talked about the reason for her outburst already but she's still somewhat indifferent. 

He halted. Sensing this, Haneul too, stopped walking. She looked at him, "why?" 

Hakyeon tried his best to not roll his eyes, but he did anyway, the younger frowned at his reaction. 

"We're not going home until we've settled this. What's your problem, really?" He crossed his arms as he directed his attention to her. 

"I've told you already, didn't I?" Haneul asked back. 

At this, he scoffed. "Oh yeah? Blaming yourself, saying sorry for being selfish, that's it?" He raised one of his brows, "there's more to it, right?" 

Haneul averted her gaze somewhere else. There's still something, but she refuse to tell him. It's quite childish and she's too prideful to admit it to him. 

"Come on." He huffed. "Or do you rather want to stay out here in the cold than the comfort of your home?"

"The reviewers!" She exclaimed. Hakyeon frowned at her.

Reviewers?

"That night," she started, still not looking at him. "You told me that's for me, but then everyone else in the class have the same thing as me. Who knows, someone from the other class might also possess one." She grumbled, frowning as she ended her speech. 

Hakyeon was dumbfounded. So she was really mad because of the reviewers?

A chuckle made Haneul look up at her companion, she glared at him. "What's so funny?" She crossed her arms on top of her chest. 

Soon, the chuckle turned into boisterous laughter, and Haneul's frown deepened. 

"You're jealous, aren't you?" 

"What? No!" 

"You obviously are!" 

"Am not!" She screamed before turning on her heels, leaving the student teacher behind. 

"Why the heck would I get jealous?" She mumbled as she stomped away from the scene. 

From afar, Hakyeon just admired her disappearing figure, before completely disappearing from his sight, he called her. 

"Haneul-ah!" 

At this, the walking stooped, as she turned her head behind slowly, to look at him. Her glare soon disappeared when she noticed him showing an expression that is different from the one he wore earlier. 

He wasn't laughing or making fun of her. 

He's wearing a smile and an expression that seemed to scream...

Scream what, exactly?

Well, she doesn't know. After all, this was her first time opening up to someone. Not even when she was with Minha or ChaRin. 

This time, she looked at him curiously, entranced by the intensity of his gaze. 

Soon, her curious expression turned into a shocked one, her eyes widening and cheeks tinted with red. She also felt warm and giddy inside as she stood still, gaping at him.

"I made those reviewers thinking of you!" He said that a little bit softer than when he called her, but she clearly headed him this time. 

A beaming smile immediately made it's way on her face. 

-📗-

A/N: WAAAAAAHHH!!!!! OMG, OMG, I'm cryingggg 😭😭😭😭😭😭. These two would actually be the death of me. Writing that 'I missed you' scene made me cringy tbh :/

They're awkward and yet... I simply love these two.