9th Quiz - Give me some money

20 1st Quizzes (VIXX N FanFiction)

9th  Quiz - Give me some Money

Hakyeon gulped before looking at the old man yet again, panic all over his face. 

"Are you molesting-"

"Old Man!" Haneul shouted, charging towards the man after. Upon reaching her, she snatched the rod in his palm, throwing it away. The teacher flinched when the thing finally landed on the ground. 

"What are you doing?" She gritted her teeth, looking at her father menacingly. At this, Mr. Yong scoffed. 

"What am I doing? Fetching you of course! You got me so worried and this is what I'll get in return? You're unbelievable. You're really like your mother-"

"Don't compare with her!" She shouted with much anger in her voice. "Never ever compare me with her." She said, lower this time, before leaving the two guys behind.

Hakyeon noticed the man's eyes had turn sad before they quickly got back to his own. The teacher bowed slightly before resuming his walk, going home alone. 

They resemble each other really. 

--

The next day, Haneul walked alongside ChaRin inside the cafeteria when both heard hoots and cheers from the people on the tables. Quickly getting their share of food, the two checked what was going on and was shocked out of their wits when they saw Mari being bullied. 

What's this?

Students continuously and repeatedly threw food at her. Charin looked around her, there's just no way personnel would stand still, so why are the servers just watching?

"Haneul..." ChaRin turned to her. The two set their trays on a nearby table, sitting right after. "Let them be. That's the least she deserve for framing up Minha." The younger looked at the scene worriedly. 

The pair started eating, when all of a sudden, a milk carton flew their way. Yong Haneul glared at the milk on the ground beside their table. Charin, on one hand just stopped eating. 

"Leave the gang? So you think you're better than us just because of your grades, huh? Bull. Answer me!" The 3rd grader slapped the younger across the face when she did not dared open her lips to speak. 

"What's this? Are you glaring at me? Why don't you fight me? Afraid to get your parents needed in the guidance office?" A quick chuckle caught both ChaRin and Haneul's attention. "Oh right, I forgot. Your mother's not more than a dead body-" a slap landed on her face, coming from Mari who was sprawled on the floor, glaring at her menacingly . "You asked for this-"

Just when a slap was suppose to land on Mari's face, the latter shut her eyes tightly, waiting for the impact that never came. Harin snapped her head towards the hand that grabbed her wrist, glaring at its owner. Mari, too, looked up at Haneul who was looking at the students plainly, one by one. 

"Do you want to die?" Harin threatened. "Let go of me!" She moved to yank her wrist but Haneul held it back in place. This time, glaring at the obviously younger girl. Haneul regarded the 3rd year with a smirk before pushing her down, landing on her . Next, she went near the students crowding over Mari's lying figure before raising her brows at them, which successfully resulted to them cowering away. 

Haneul leaned down at last, reaching out her hand towards the bruised girl, when a carton filled milk hit the back of her head. That does it. If there is something Yong Haneul hates the most, it was getting hit without her notice. A foul play. 

She whipped her head behind to glare at Harin. "Come here, you b*tch!" She screamed before pouncing on the girl who was supposed to run after she threw the carton on Haneul. 

The two exchanges scratches, punches, and yank in the hair 'til their hearts' content, not giving a care about the people around. Only when the cafeteria door opened and the shout from the Chairman resonated in the room saying "Stop it this instant!" Were the students started tearing the fighting girls apart. 

--

"If this happens again, I'm calling all your parents, alright?" The chairman banged his desk loudly, causing everyone inside to flinch, including the faculty members. "You," he turned to Harin. "You're graduating, aren't you?" 

She answered with a vigorous nod. "If you want a good morale character, fix your self!" He turned to Haneul this time. "And you." He sighed. "I know you've never done anything good, but can you at least avoid starting fights and troubles?" 

All the while he gave his lecture, Haneul had her head hung low. No matter what she does, she will still end up being that good-for nothing delinquent. Why bother explaining herself?

Lastly, the chairman looked at Kang Mari. "You. Kang Mari, with grades like that, made me very very disappointed. Your mother is I'll right? Don't add up to her problems please." He shook his head, leaning on his chair. "This discussion is over. Seeing one of you making troubles again,especially you," he turned to Haneul again. "Means expulsion, okay?" 

"Yes sir."

--

The next day, Haneul and ChaRin went to school as if nothing happened. Originally, if Haneul got bruise and scratches from fights, she will not go to school until they were gone, so the younger was scared out of her wits when she saw the older at their doorstep that morning. 

Well, who would blame her, she was attending school for a certain someone. 

The two sat on their usual spot that day in the cafeteria. The two noticed the servers had changed. Haneul nodded. So they knew about the servers ignorance. 

She looked at the empty spot beside Charin and her eyes turned sad. If only Minha was here, she would probably sit there. The former noticed this and she looked beside her too, only this time, she was met with a pair of moving legs, and a sitting bottom. She looked up to see Kang Mari sitting at Minha's spot.  She looked at the two sassily. "What?" She raised one brow. 

Haneul scoffed at this, slamming her spoon on the table. "What's this?" She raised one brow as well. "Want a piece of me?" She threatened. Charin went in the middle when Mari was supposed to utter something, interrupting any fight that might erupt. 

Haneul and Mari glared at each other before laughing finally. At this, Charin sat back down on her chair frowning. Was the hit from yesterday too hard for them to lose their mind?

Mari looked like a hoodlum carrying a black eye under her left eye around. Not only that, the swelling lip made her look like she was pouting all the time. This was what Haneul thought in her head. 

In Mari's head, Haneul looked like a hooligan with her lower lip busted, the cut on the side looked like she was wearing a black lip ring. The scratches on her cheek looked like as if she was scratched after playing with a wild kitten. 

"Thank you," was what Mari said after a long while. Haneul pretended to laugh at her, turning serious after a while. "Don't thank me. She was noisy while we eat so we went to work." She deadpanned. Mari nodded as an agreement. 

--

Few days after the incident, Eating with the pair became Mari's routine every lunch break. The two welcomed her though, because whether they admit it or not, they found a substitute to Cho Minha's presence who left without saying her goodbye to the oldest.

--

Cha Hakyeon started coding for his grade sheet. Midterms are fast approaching, which only mean that he will need to compute for the grades of his students finally. He smiled proudly as he leaned on his chair. He's starting to feel like a real teacher. 

Something from outside the faculty room caught his attention. He straightened his back and then craned his neck to see clearly. His mouth formed an 'O' when that something turned out to be someone who was signaling for him to come outside. He pointed to his self and she nodded. 

--

When Cha Seonsaeng-nim finally went out the door, Haneul leaned her backside on the wall adjacent the door. "You're looking for me?" He studied her. Only then he remembered the incident days ago. "Are you okay now? Han seonsaeng-nim told me it was okay now."

When she didn't dare look at him nor answer his question, the male frowned. "Do you want to talk to me?" At this, Haneul quickly looked up at him, blush evident on her face before looking away again, Hakyeon's frown deepened.

Haneul cursed inside her head. You want him out earlier so why are you acting funny?!

Hakyeon sighed. Looking up the ceiling. "Coffee," he looked down at her. "Huh?" 

"I'm craving... For coffee." She squeaked. Hakyeon nodded. "Oh. There's a vending machine nearby." He explained, studying her reaction. 

This won't do it. Haneul closed her eyes tightly before opening them again, turning her whole body towards the faculty member. He flinched a little at her reaction. 

"I'm craving for coffee. So I went to get one from a vending machine. I only got few cents in here and thought that was enough. Turns out the vending machine requires paper bill, and so..." She stopped. He raised his brows to urge her so. 

"I thought, well Charin and Minha has done it already..." Hakyeon nodded again. 

Haneul looked conflicted before closing her eyes, finally letting the words out. "Give me some money." She opened them again, looking disgusted at herself.

Oh.

Hakyeon suddenly remembered what he told them before. 

"If you're short in money, look for me."

-📗-

A/N: did not proof read guiissss