3rd Quiz - Uh, I guess so

20 1st Quizzes (VIXX N FanFiction)

3rd Quiz - Uh, I guess so

Hana looked out of the window, bored. Cha seonsaeng-nim was clearly late. She turned her attention towards the clock hanging across the room. It reads 11:25. He was supposed to be here at 11:15. At this thought, she leaned her back on her chair, when she caught sight of Jang Donggu, a total nerd in their class. 

"Yah, Jang Donggu!" She shouted st him. Everyone else in the room stopped what they were doing and look at the delinquent at the very far end of the room. 

"What's our subject for this hour?" She asked. The guy nodded before nervously answering her, "i-i-its Chemistry..." He was shaking when he answered her. Haneul raised her brows, "right? He sure is late..." She mumbled, looking outside again only to snap her head back in the room, startling her classmates. 

"Didn't he announced something like not attending?" She asked all of them suddenly.

At that moment, another presence entered the room by pushing the sliding door forcefully. 

"Keep everything that is not related to this subject. I'm your substitute teacher for today!" Han Sunhee announced with her usually stern voice scanning the surprised faces of Second Grade, Class B. 

"Oh, Yong Haneul! You're here!" She exclaimed when she noticed the girl looking at her incredulously. 

--

"OK, pencil's up!" Professor Jung announced, which resulted to groans and whines from his class. 

"Why? Was it that hard?" He chuckled before proceeding behind his desk. "Okay, starting from the back, pass your papers forward. I will not accept late papers, OK ten counts, One..."

"Ah, Jung Seonsaeng-nim, it's difficult!" One student whined. 

"You're supposed to give us additional points, I was only able to answer up to half. Why do you need to have it timed?" 

The professor chuckled. "Kids, I told you before right, time is of the essence, so you should learn how to manage your time starting from now." 

Another set of complains resonated in the air. 

On his way out he turned to the youngest member of his class. "How was the test, kid?" 

Hakyeon looked up to him, "ah, its alright, I guess." 

The professor answered with a smile. As expected from this kid. 

--

"Haneul-ah, wait!" Teacher Han chase after the girl who was out the moment she dismissed the class. 

Haneul looked behind, but didn't stop walking. She looked in front before answering the girl on her tail. 

"What do you want?" 

"I'm happy you're attending classes again!" Sunhee announced. That made Haneul stop on her tracks. She looked behind to glare at faculty member. Sunhee too, stopped on her tracks. 

"What is it to you anyway? Whether I go to school or not, its none of your business." She deadpanned towards the substitute teacher. 

Sunhee smiled at the younger. "Even so, I'm happy to see you here." 

"Stop acting like you care," she started. "At any case, I won't go to school again, if you're the one who'll teach us chemistry the next time." At this, Teacher Han chuckled lightly. "What's this?" 

Haneul frowned. "What's funny?" 

"You dont want me to teach chemistry the next time?" Han Sunhee laughed heartily at the little girl. "Wow really. You may be a delinquent but I guess you're still a girl." She sighed, relieved. "That's good I guess. You have a crush on Cha seonsaeng-nim, don't you?" 

"What? No?!" Haneul reddened furiously. "W-w-why would I like someone-there's no way-" Haneul released a harsh breath. 

"No. I don't," she denied looking anywhere else but Sunhee's face. Another set of laughter escaped the older's mouth at this kid's adorable reaction. 

"It's OK, Haneul-ah. That's part of growing up." She patted the younger's crown good naturedly which Haneul quickly removed, still blushing furiously as she frowned. 

"Cha seonsaeng-nim went back to the uni to take his evaluation test." 

Han Sunhee started walking back from where she came from before. But before disappearing completely, she looked back to smile at the girl kindly. 

"But, Haneul-ah. If you want to see him again, you need to attend your classes. So you would know when he's back!" Sunhee regarded Haneul one last wave before going on her way.

Haneul heaved a sigh. "What crush? Why would I have a crush on him?" She mumbled, shaking her head. "Also, I would have Minha and ChaRin to inform me when he's back."

--

"Oh, young master, he's back!" Hakyeon's butler, Mr. Jang exclaimed the moment he saw his walking figure flashed in the monitor. 

"Aigoo. I should get a meal ready..." 

--

Hakyeon waited for the maids to notice his presence. They walked and ran from one side to another but none seemed to notice himself standing at their huge living room. Several times, he tried opening his mouth to speak only to close it when he realized that they aren't stopping anytime soon, they only seemed to be more and more in a rattle.

He released a sigh, learning that he doesn't stand a chance against his mother's army of maids. This action though, succesfully made each and every one stop whatever they were doing and looked at the youngest member of Cha Family. 

Hakyeon smiled uneasily from all the attention he gained. He needs just one, though. 

--

"Who did this to do, my baby?" Grandmother Cha fussed over her only grandson from her son. She turned his head from side to side, studying the bruise on his face that faded a little already.

"I told you I'm okay." He insisted, holding his grandmother's hands. "I just tripped and landed face first, that's all." 

The old woman closed her eyes tightly, "why do need to be so weak like your father?" She cried, leaning her forehead against his. The young male smiled at his grandmother's behavior. "I'm fine, though." He answered yet again. 

"No. Hakyeon-ah. You should be careful every time. Specially now that you live on your own. I won't forgive myself if something bad happens to you." She cried once more after leaning away from his forehead. 

"You shouldn't worry about me, grandma. I'm doing great. I'll be more careful next time, I promise!" 

"Hakyeon-ah!"

The moment he heard the voice, Hakyeon instantly lost his smile. 

--

Haneul slumped on her desk when the unwanted teacher stepped inside their classroom. Yet again, Teacher Han was their chemistry teacher for today. She tried her best not to slam her head on the desk. 

The female teacher just laughed at this. 

Its true she have Minha and ChaRin to report about his return, but for some unknown reason, she despised the idea of having Minha and ChaRin see him before she does. 

--

Haneul made it a habit every morning and every afternoon to wait at the alleyway where she first met Cha Hakyeon, hoping to see that familiar eyes that held so much intensity. 

"If he lives there," she pointed on her left using her right hand. "Then he must be taking this route going to school, and vice versa," she mumbled, dropping her arms on her side. She sighed, folding her arms over her chest to minimize the cold she's feeling.

"Ah, come back soon..." She mumbled, tightening her hold on herself.

--

Not just the alleyway, but Haneul made it a habit to wait for every Chemistry class, expecting Cha seonsaeng-nim's return. However, she was always disappointed for it was always Han seonsaeng-nim who handled their chemistry class. 

She found herself pouting the moment Teacher Han entered the room for the umpteenth time that week. 

"Bring out your assignments!" 

--

Haneul waited again that day. She kept herself busy by counting the drizzle drops that landed on her palms. Soon enough, the rain got unbearable that she had to stop by the nearest convenience store so she would not get wet. 

How am I suppose to know if he arrived? She thought. She took a seat near the window, so she would easily spot the young teacher when he arrived. 

When the mist became thicker, Haneul finally gave up her quest to wait for Cha Hakyeon. She stood up to entertain herself by looking through the stalls for whatever she could buy. 

Her eyes caught sight of a certain book that piqued her interest. It says, "How to know if I'm in love?" Furrowing her brows, Haneul reached for the book then turned the pages to read. 

1. I can't look at him in the eyes. Haneul immediately closed the book when a certain someone made its way in her mind. She shook her head no. This is ridiculous, she thought. 

She turned the pages once more. She don't know but she can't seem to take her eyes off the contents of this book. 

2. I kept on wanting to see him. Haneul knocked her head lightly on the stall as she felt herself burning up. What's wrong with me?! 

3. I get extremely mad when he gets close to other girls. "Wah, this is really something." She mumbled, remembering the incident with ChaRin and money. 

4. I keep wanting to see hi- a yank on her arm made Haneul gaze to be altered on anything else, rather anyone else. She looked at what seemed like the owner of the store, looking sternly at her. 

"What are you doing?" He asked. The girl looked at him, not knowing where he is getting at. 

"What am I doing?" Haneul asked back.

"Wow, really. Are you planning to steal that?" He accused. " you are a delinguent, aren't you?" 

Haneul looked at him, hard before regarding him with a smirk. 

"Why you little-" 

"You like that one?" Both Haneul and the older guy turned to the owner of the voice. 

Haneul's eyes widened the moment she caught sight of the one whom she had been waiting for these past few days. 

"Should we buy it?" He smiled at the girl who was shell shocked to see him after a few days of being out from school. He reached for the book in her hand, shaking it lightly towards the older guy. "She's with me. We'll take this one. Where's the counter?" He asked. "Oh, its there. Please excuse us." He bowed politely at the guy before grabbing Haneul's arms, bringing her with him to the counter, leaving the old guy behind. 

"We'll purchase this one," he said before sliding the book closer to the cashier on duty. 

Haneul tried to peek at him, he was really here. She couldn't help but smile at this thought. 

The moment the cashier handed him the book, the owner moved to his right whispering, "are you a delinquent too?" He asked, looking at Hakyeon intently. Hakyeon blinked numerous times, before looking at the guy innocently. "Uh, I guess so." He smiled. 

The guy smirked at the young guy. "You're quite the talker, aren't you?" He crossed his arms over his chest, challenging the guy. Hakyeon smiled, bowing politely at the guy. Straightening up, he grabbed his student's arm then went out of the convenience store. 

5. You become so happy seeing him after his absence for a really long time. 

-📗-

A/N: waaaahhh. Waaaah. Waaaaaahhhhh