14th Quiz - Do not Litter

20 1st Quizzes (VIXX N FanFiction)

14th Quiz - Do not Litter 

"Yong Haneul! Yong Haneul! Wake up!" 

Hakyeon shook her body while he slap her cheek lightly, in hopes of keeping the trembling girl awake to no avail. The moment she closed her lids, the young teacher cursed, positioning her on his back before he started running away from the school towards the bus stop or to hail a cab or just anywhere. All he knows is that he needs to take her to the nearest hospital.

--

After eating their lunch, Yong Haneul went to the rest room to do her business when she met a few students insides doing something suspicious. She frowned before quickly going in one one cubicle. 

Going inside their room for the afternoon session, Haneul was caught off guard when a pail of ice-cold water fell on top of her. She flinched at the cold sensation before looking up to see a rope positioned on top of the door. She glared at her girl classmates who laughed at her. She was supposed to fight back but then she remembered the deal with the student teacher. 

Don't get into fights. 

Instead, she chose to walk away instead. Proceeding towards the girl's restroom. She went inside one cubicle again, closing the toilet cover to sit on it as she let out a long sigh. 

Should I just back out on the deal and kick those kid's asses? She thought. Soon, she started feeling cold as her clothes was wet. She considered wearing the sweater she brought that day. 

Ever since she decided to avoid trouble, she made it a habit to bring extra clothes. Who knows, someone might threw something more than a carton of milk. 

But then, she remembered Cha Hakyeon's displeased reaction about her not wearing the proper uniform. She sighed once more. The things I do for him, really. 

She decided to go against the idea of changing then just went to hug herself. In that way, the clothes would dry up even faster because of body heat rather than hanging. Besides, she still have a couple of hours to meet him. She would probably be dried up enough by that time.

She raised her legs and wait for the hours to pass.

--

Haneul opened her eyes to meet another pair that reflected worry. Realizing that it was Cha Seonsaeng-nim's, she quickly averted her gaze. How embarrassing. 

She struggled to get up and the guy helped her to, asking her if she's feeling okay. She answered with a nod, her eyes focused on her sheets. 

Unconvinced by her reaction, Cha Hakyeon pressed his palm on her forehead, as he leaned his forehead in the back of his hand, the same hand he used to touch the younger's forehead. 

This caught Haneul off guard, moving away from him. But even before she could leaned away from his touch, Hakyeon had already placed his free hand on her back, caging her in his arms. She blushed furiously. 

"Don't move away, I'm checking your temperature." He said, closing his eyes. 

Haneul gulped, his face was so close for her heart to take. She wanted to push him at the same time, she wanted him there, close to her. Unconsciously, her wide eyes started closing on their own, cherishing this moment with him. 

Just when the girl started enjoying herself to the feel of him near her, he pulled away, unfazed at all. 

"I guess you're alright now." He said, studying her. Only then that Haneul realized he wasn't wearing his glasses. She looked down again. Now that he wasn't wearing them, his eyes looked much more intense than ever, just like the first time she stared at the pair. 

Hakyeon was the first one to break the silence when he sensed that she wasn't going to speak anytime soon. "I'll be going now, I guess. Just wait for your father. He'll fetch you after a while. Han Seonsaeng-nim has contacted him already so he'll be here anytime soon." He stood up after telling her the main agenda of his stay but a hand gripping the hem of his shirt stopping him from leaving and a voice saying "don't go" made him look at her eyes that went wide, seeming surprised of what she said made him pause from his movements.

Haneul quickly removed her hand from gripping his shirt, as if discarded by hot water. She turned to grip on the sheets instead. He sat on the hospital bed this time. 

"If I stay," he started. Catching her attention. "I'll just end up scolding you." Haneul just nod her head. Heck, he could even beat her up and she wouldn't complain. 

She heard him sighing, before she decided to look up at him. "You're not wearing your glasses." She announced before reaching out her fingers towards his nose bridge, the action catching the male off guard. He backed away, blushing madly at her bold move. 

"Sorry." She retracted her hand away seeing him looking away. "It's okay." He said. "I'm not wearing it today because I'm not working, that's it." He answered her question earlier. The female nodded as a response. 

Hakyeon whipped his head back at her. "By the way," he started. Haneul's eyes widened at the change if behaviour. "What did you do to get a fever at this weather?" He frowned at her. At this, she actually felt like she has a real boyfriend, who fusses over her in worry, Haneul found herself smiling. 

"Well..." She started only to have her smile wipe off her face when she remembered the reason why she caught a fever. 

It's because of your conditions, !

She shook her head instead, smiling at him. "We're not a couple anyway. So I won't tell you!" This response made Hakyeon furrowed his brows. A memory from not long ago, going in his head.

--

"Are we a couple now?" Haneul asked hopefully and Hakyeon's face fell. 

Crap, he hasn't thought of that yet. 

He whipped his head at her. "No!" He screamed. She frowned. "Not officially!" He repeated his answer. He sighed before walking closer to her grabbing both her shoulders. 

"We can't be a couple now. Soon, I guess. When I returned to Seoul. You understand, right?" She's already 16 so she would probably understand him. 

No matter how people will look at it, even if he was a student teacher, he's still a teacher and she's still his student. Meaning, their relationship is

a great no no. 

A taboo.

An unthinkable.

Haneul ended up nodding at him. 

--

Seeing him frowning made Haneul laughed. "What's funny?" He asked. She shook her head when evident annoyance registered in his face. 

"I'm fine." She beamed. "Just got a little hyper, I guess." She told him. He looked at her, before standing up. The girl quickly panicked, "where are you going?" She asked. Hakyeon grinned at her behaviour. He leaned down slightly. 

"I'm going to buy you coffee, Madame."

At this, the two shared a laugh.

--

Quickly punching the product of his choice, Hakyeon crouched down to wait for the drink to be out of the vending machine. He smiled when he remembered how she panicked when he stood up from the bed. 

She looked...

He paused. He stood up abruptly, when a sudden realization hit him. Why did he thought that she was cute earlier. He crouched down once more when he heard the familiar sipping of beverage from the machine. He pulled the drink out of the oh-so-slowly when thoughts of Haneul's smile kept on clouding his mind. 

He turned the drink around only to gasp when he realised that he chose Caramel Macchiato among all drinks. 

This was...

Yep, Caramel Macchiato was Yong Haneul's favorite. 

He shook his head furiously. Is he going crazy? He dashed towards the room in a hurry.

--

Cha Hakyeon reached the hospital room with Haneul already dressed in her school uniform and ready to go. Beside her, was her father who was busy gathering her things for her. He smiled at the young teacher when their eyes met. 

"Are you his teacher?" He bowed a little at the old man. "Thank you for showing my daughter concern and  bringing her here. I appreciate it greatly." 

Hakyeon smiled at the generous man before him. "It was no problem, Abeonim." 

"We'll be taking our leave, sir." The two man shared a bow yet again, before the father and daughter turned to leave. 

When she finally walked past him, the young teacher decided to get it over with. "Ying Haneul!" He turned around, his hands stretched, waiting for her to take the coffee.

Haneul smiled brightly before trotting towards him, snatching the drink from him. Before finally getting out, she waved at him childishly, earning a smile from the guy. 

Soon, Cha Hakyeon was left alone in that room, looking at the coffee he bought. 

--

The next day, Yong Haneul went back to school as if nothing happened. If before, she was bringing a spare shirt with her, this time, she was bringing another set of uniform already. The day was the same. Avoiding fights, avoiding kids who pick fights, and trying to eat peacefully even if food gets thrown on your way. 

Haneul was tasked to return the cleaning materials back into the storage room for that day. Being the delinquent that she is, nobody dared accompany her, when Mr. Kim asked for a volunteer to help her. So with much difficulty, the girl carried the cleaning materials back to the storage. 

On her way to the room, she met a few students looking at her with funny faces. She raised her brows at them. She recognized them as Kim Nara's dogs, the leader of their gang. It was obvious that they came for her, but she decided not to mind their presence, she's busy right now. 

A pebble on the back of her head made Haneul stop on her tracks. "Yah, look at me." The chubby girl called. The one carrying brroms and mop head rolled her eyes before looking behind her, smiling at the group. "Why?" 

Sohee snorted at her reaction. "You really are something, aren't you?" She crossed her arms above her chest. 

"Let's see if she could still smile when she gets beaten up." The group shared a laugh before Haneul smirked. "Oh, what's this? Are you actually smirking?" Another one that goes by the name Chahee scoffed at her. 

Haneul hummed. "Sorry, but can we do this some other time?" She smiled again. "I'm busy right now." She quickly dismissed before turning on her heels again, leaving them behind. 

"Wow, really." Sohee run towards the walking girl finally, pulling on her pony tailed hair. At this Haneul dropped what she was carrying and was yanked downwards on the ground. As expected, she never once fought back, even when the others joined into beating her up. 

She accepted every blow that came her way, no matter how much she wanted to just scratch chubby's face. 

But she promised. So she will keep it. 

Luckily, Cha Hakyeon and Go Namhee was on their way to their next class and saw a bunch of kids fighting. He frowned, fixing his glasses to see clearly, whereas the female teacher screeched. 

"Yah!" She shouted, running towards them while she wave her hands frantically. Hakyeon followed after her. 

"Stop want you're doing this instant!"

As if on cue, the girls stopped what they were doing to start fixing their selves. When they started standing up, only then that the student teacher saw who was on the ground. 

"Yong Haneul?" She was covered in bruises. Did she fought with them again? His sight transferred to the girls she's beefing with. They weren't harmed at all. 

"Chairman's office, now!" Teacher Go hollered. 

--

The next day, after the discussing the event that happened in the office, Yong Haneul was off the hook since she clearly didn't fight back. 

She was currently sitting in the cafeteria for lunch. She was supposed to eat with Mari and ChaRin if not only for the sudden errand the two needed to run. 

She shut her eyes tight when a box of carton hit the back of her head again, just like the old times. The group of kids snicker at her dripping wet figure who went totally still after what happened. 

At this moment, Han seonsaeng-nim and Cha Hakyeon entered the cafeteria as they discussed about his upcoming evaluation. The female teacher is giving the student teacher tips on how to pass the much awaited evaluation. 

The two entered the scene with Yong Haneul, picking up the box, glaring at the group of kids that looked scared. Hakyeon immediately reacted, stopping her from picking up the box. 

Is she causing trouble again?

"What are you doing?" He hissed. Haneul looked at the owner of the hands quickly, seeing him giving her a stern look before turning to the bunch of kids again. 

"Do not litter." She said before yanking off her arm from the male's grip, tossing the carton towards the nearest garbage bin. 

She turned back to eating and Hakyeon felt guilty after seeing something he failed to when they entered the cafeteria. 

The back of her head and her uniform was dripping wet. 

And it was stains from the milk that she picked up. 

-📗-