13th Quiz - I missed You

20 1st Quizzes (VIXX N FanFiction)

13th Quiz - I missed You

Few days after being rejected, Yong Haneul decided to go to school again for the reason that she miss him. 

Yep, so damn much. 

Upon realizing the idea, the girl actually planned to bang her head on her bedroom wall only to dismiss her plan when she realized her old man would hear the banging from downstairs. 

Just how shameless had she been? Going to school to attend his class as if nothing happened. Not only that, the whole faculty room was there to witness her daring confession. What a relief that he didn't downright reject her in front of people. 

Haneul tip-toed her way towards the locker room to get her indoor shoes when she flinched hearing her name being called. She gulped before turning her body to face another body. 

"ChaRin..." She mumbled. The girl with short hair stopped sipping her strawberry milk, tears b in her eyes.

"Oh, you-" she was caught off guard when the girl suddenly hugged her with so much force. Her back slamming against the locker doors. 

"Where have you been?" The kid cried and she smiled sincerely, her hand raising to comb on ChaRin's hair. 

--

Soon, the two spend the day as if nothing actually happened, alongside their new friend, Kang Mari. The two were having the time of their lives eating when an unwanted presence stepped inside the cafeteria. Well, not actually unwanted, Haneul was just plain embarrassed to see him. 

Quickly placing a spoonful of food in , Haneul her back, in hopes of hiding from Cha Hakyeon and saving herself from embarrassment. 

She was successful in doing so, because soon, the teacher started leaving the room when he received his order. The girl didn't know whether to feel relieved or saddened when he didn't notice her at all. After all, she was absent for 3 days. 

"Haneul," Charin called. She looked at the girl. "Are you okay?" 

--

Haneul walked away from the field to get herself a water refill. Seriously, you'll die if you're attending PE Class with Mr. Song as your teacher. 

She waited for her bottle to be filled up entirely, looking behind her abruptly when somebody called her, knocking her bottle down in the process.

"It's you..." She uttered, her eyes wide. 

--

Hakyeon went to fetch himself drinking water after discovering that the cafeteria ran out of mineral water to sell, really what kind of cafeteria would ran out of mineral water? He sighed. 

Nearing the water station, and seeing the girl fetching water from it, made the young teacher pause, he considered turning on his back to walk away, but then, he would seem like a coward. So, heaving a deep sigh, Cha Hakyeon proceeded on his way. 

She looked behind her and and her eyes widened immediately. "Can we talk?" He asked her.

For a minute there, he thought that she would actually reject his offer so he was more than glad when she nodded her head instead. 

--

Soon, the pair found their selves at the same spot as before, when she confessed to him. The guy knows that it's not a good place to bring her to, considering her heart, but it's the best place to evade issues that might erupt. 

Haneul looked down the ground, sensing the thick tension in the air, for the first time after meeting him, she felt awkward around him, as if he was a stranger. 

Inside his head, the talk with Han seonsaeng-nim kept on repeating itself. Is he doing the right thing? He asked himself. Suddenly, he remembered what he told her before.

"I want to touch people's lives." 

He closed his eyes tightly before opening them again after a few minutes, sighing as he did so. Haneul looked up at him for the first time after he brought her behind the library. 

Hakyeon finally looked at her this time. "I'll do it," he started. She frowned. He sighed again. He's seriously going crazy.

"I'll marry you." He said, surprising the girl, her eyes almost bulging out of its sockets. "What?" She asked, incredulous of what he told her. 

He almost laughed at their reaction, if not only for the fact that they were talking about serious stuff right now. 

"I said I agree on marrying you." He started. "In return, I would like to set some conditions. And you must follow them." Haneul found herself nodding at the guy. She doesn't know why, but she felt very happy just by hearing him speak.

"First. You must attend classes regularly."

"Not just Chemistry but every classes you have," he quickly added when he noticed that she has something to say, probably to say that she attends Chemistry Class. She nodded. 

"Second, You must not fight and cause troubles anymore. Third," he showed her three of his fingers. "You must finish Your studies up your high school, without stopping from now on." He walked closer towards her. "Fourth, you must study harder than before." He shot her a quick glare, "I don't want to see eyesores when your grades come out." Haneul ended up frowning at him. "Ah, there's more!" Hakyeon looked up. 

"How many conditions has there been?" He asked her. The girl counted her fingers before saying, "four."

"Good. Now for the fifth one, stop calling your father 'old man'. He deserves a respectful daughter at least." Haneul's frown deepened. 

"If you meet every conditions in time, I'll marry you. You're in second grade right now, at 16. The conditions would take 4 years at most." Hakyeon counted with her fingers, looking at her after. "Deal?" 

"Are we... A couple now?" Haneul answered with a beaming smile.

--

Hakyeon slid down the wall on the hallway after the talk with Yong Haneul. He didn't know where he got the courage to act all manly in front of her, but he was now feeling the embarrassment starting to kick in. 

He released a deep sigh. He suddenly remembered the talk with Han Seonsaeng-nim yesterday. 

--

"Hakyeon-ssi," Han seonsaeng-nim started. "I'm aware of the girl's admiration towards you. This might be the reason why she acted the way she did few days ago." She smiled a little. 

"Even if you don't feel the same about her, I hope that you won't get repulsed by her presence." She said, he nodded. 

"She might look strong on the outside, but she was actually a fragile one on the inside." She chuckled. "Actually, the kid changed ever since you arrived. And I'm proud to say that it's a good change. She started attending classes regularly and I want to take advantage of this change. As a calling, you understand what I mean, right?" 

--

Is this the right thing though? 

He's sire the teacher wasn't talking about him agreeing to the kid's proposal, but she's Han Seonsaeng-nim, and he's just him. A kid.

He placed his right hand on top of his chest, he wasn't feeling anything about her, that's for sure. He sighed once again.

--

Ever since the talk with Cha Seonsaeng-nim, Haneul made it a habit to attend school regularly. Not only that, she began doing her home works, surprising her father in the process. 

One night, the kid came out of her room towards the kitchen where her father is cooking dinner, and sat on one of the stools. 

Old man

She quickly slapped with her hands. Don't call him that. 

Stop calling your father 'old man'. He deserves a respectful daughter at least.

"Dad!" The man flinched and looked behind him, eyes wide. He shook his head a little. 

Is this really Haneul?

She frowned. What?

"What do you want?" He asked her. 

The girl contemplated before speaking the words. "Well, we need to buy a book for English, I'm thinking if you could give me some." She stood up finally, leaving the man behind, going back in her room.

Her father unintentionally dropped his spatula after hearing her. 

--

Not only did Haneul started attending classes regularly. She also made it a point to stop getting into fights and troubles outside or inside the school which was quite hard because news reached Kim Nara finally, learning that Haneul helped Mari once in school. 

Soon, her stay at the school became messy, as students started making fun of her and bullying her. Keeping her promise, Haneul never once fought back, she would only end up running or hiding if things get worse. 

But she can't always run forever, so when at school, she just let students bully her, not even thinking of fighting back. 

--

A carton of milk hit Haneul behind her head one afternoon when they had a free sketching period for their art class. She looked behind her to see the brave one who dared touch her.

She smirked when the girl flinched at her stare. In contrast to what is expected, Yong Haneul bowed at her, before resuming her walk. 

--

Before immediately changing into a hoodie so he wouldn't notice, Haneul run towards the faculty room to wait for her future husband.

He frowned when he saw her waving at him from outside the faculty room. He ushered with a 'wait for a little bit' towards her and she smiled a beaming one at him. He started fixing his things below his desk to not make the girl wait longer. 

He went outside the faculty room and she immediately took the spot on his right, beside him. "Let's go home together." She started walking. 

Hakyeon frowned at her attire. I thought I made myself clear?

"Yong Haneul!" He called. She looked behind her and noticed that he hasn't move from his spot. "Why?" 

He sighed before walking towards her. "When I said you need to attend classes regularly," he stopped when he was near enough. "It includes following the rules and regulations," he took hold of the hoodie sleeves. "You're not wearing the proper uniform," he informed her with a raise of his brows. He walked past her, earning a frown from the girl.

Is he serious? I can't possibly go here with milk stains right? 

She snorted before following his steps. "Fine! I'll wear school uniforms properly from now on!"

--

The next day, Hakyeon frowned when he never spotted the girl who had been patiently waiting for him these past few days after getting out of the faculty room. The last time he saw her was during his Chemistry Class earlier. He checked his wrist watch. 

5:45.

Yet again, he was the last one to leave so he was in charge of locking the room yet again. He looked both sides before finally deciding that he won't be walking home with Haneul today. 

He reached the corridors still turning his head from side to side. Who knows, she might be hiding from him. Noticing that the surrounding had turned darker, made him made up his mind that he won't be seeing her today. 

Soon, he reached the school gates finally, handing the guard in night shift the key to the faculty room. Turning after getting out of the gates, Hakyeon stopped, surprise written all over of his face when he came face-to-face with the girl in his mind few moments ago.

"I missed you." 

In contrast to his expression, Haneul was smiling at him, relieved that he finally arrived. The guy frowned at her unusual reaction, confused with the way she staggered towards him. He knew she was targeting to stand on his right, if only she didn't crash down on him, the young teacher catching her before she fall. 

His panic written face and the constant shaking from him as he called her name was the last thing Haneul remembered before she finally closed her eyes. 

-📗-

A/N: Awww. What happened to our Haneul Baby? This can't be. She still needs to marry Cha Heukyeon-ssi kkkkk. So, are they a couple now? But Hakyeon said he doesn't like her? What to do? 

Anyways, tell me your thoughts about it. Feedbacks make me strive harder to work.