1st Quiz - Totally My Style

20 1st Quizzes (VIXX N FanFiction)

1st Quiz - Totally my Style

A sigh was released from the guy who was standing nervously in front of the faculty room. He tried many times but he can't lift his hand to turn the knob open, let alone knock on the wooden door to notify the people inside about his presence. 

It was exactly an hour after he arrived at the school grounds. Exactly 30 minutes since he decided to talk to the school's chairman, and exactly 10 minutes since he was told to proceed to the faculty room to earn him a space inside for his things and serve as his workplace. 

As of right now, he was standing for exactly 5 minutes in front of the door. 

...

...

...

Yep, he was nervous. Very very very nervous.

When the knob turned and sounded, telling him that somebody is about to get out from the room, the newbie teacher immediately backed away from the door sticking the front of his body on the wall opposite the door, alarmed and extremely embarrassed. 

God, why does he have to embarrass his self first thing in the morning?

"Uh... Cha Hakyeon-ssi?" The sound of a female's voice caused Hakyeon to detach his self from the wall and turn around to smile at the female in her mid-twenty's uneasily. 

"Neh... That's me..." He bowed shyly, fixing his glasses after doing so. 

--

"Hello?" Hakyeon pressed his phone on his ear, waiting for the one on the other line to answer. 

He was currently fixing stuffs in his cubicle, which will temporarily be his side of the room for a whole semester during his stay at the school. 

18 year old Cha Hakyeon was tasked to teach Chemistry to second graders of Kam Ye Sun Middle School in Daegu as part of his internship in college. He's on his last year and is a graduating student so he will be working as a student teacher in the facility to gain the needed units for him to march.

Being extremely intelligent, he skipped three grades in school, making him the youngest in the batch. 

"Oooh, how is our top student doing at his new place?" His intern professor teased as he was very well aware of this kid's personality. 

Hakyeon sighed, "I'm... Fine, I guess. Just a little uneasy. You know, still adjusting to the new environment." 

The one from the other line hummed. "But you know, Yeon-ah. I guess I made the right decision into bringing you there." 

His brows raised in question. "Why, though?" 

"Well, you know. You're in a middle school, meaning, you will be meeting students younger than you are. Your inferiority complex will never be triggered." He answered followed by a boisterous laugh. 

Hakyeon 'tsked' at his professor. "I'm here because I asked you to assign me in a middle school!" He argued. 

"Seriously, though. Hakyeon-ah whatever happens, don't ask for a school transfer, okay?" 

At this, the student turned serious. He shook his head slowly and upon realising that the professor can't see him, he answered, "No, I won't." 

--

"So, this would be the room assignments of your Chemistry class." The female from earlier explained to the newbie and he nodded every time he gets what she wants him to understand. 

"Also, you won't have any advisory classes for your internship, as you would solely focus on your subject area only, and not on secondary responsibilities." Hakyeon nodded once more. 

The female stopped, then looked at the younger beside her. "Why?" He asked, noticing her actions. 

"You listen well, that's good." She started. "You seem smart and very young too. How old are you?" 

"Ah, yes." Hakyeon looked down embarrassed that he's suddenly getting attention. "I'm 18." He squeaked. 

"Omo. That's a very young age, and you're on your last year in college?" He answered with a nod. "Wah, you really are something! I'm already 25, if that works for you!" 

He waved his hands in front of him, indicating a 'no' at her. He was seriously getting embarrassed. "I'm just a normal student." He fixed his glasses. 

"OK." The female nodded. "Ah, by the way. What's your name, newbie?" 

Cha Hakyeon looked at her, surprised. Newbie? That's quite a rude way to speak. 

"Ah, I'm Cha Hakyeon. I'm from SNU." 

The female nodded once more. "That's good. I'm Han Sunhee!" She reached her hand out towards him. "I'm known here as Han seonsaeng-nim, please be at ease during your stay here. You can ask me anytime if you're troubled or in doubt." 

Hakyeon reached for her hand then shook it gently. She's actually nice, he thought.

"Neh, thank you" he answered. 

--

"Haneul-ah, that oppa is something. Don't you think?" Yong Haneul turned her attention from her lollipop to what her companion saw. She scoffed, 'something' my .

"He looks like he is in high school though." Another one said. "Should we make fun of him?" Yet again, the girl from earlier asked. 

"Minha-yah. He's handsome. He's definitely my style." Another one giggled. "Should we take him home with us?" The girl named Minha turned to look at the silent girl, who was busy following the guy with her vision. 

Haneul sighed before pulling out the candy's stick out of . She jumped off the barricade as she threw the stick away. "Let's extort money from him. I'm hungry. He looks wealthy enough." 

"I'm up for that." The girl that goes by the name ChaRin smirked. Soon, the group started going out of their hiding place, from under the bridge towards the small alleyway where the guy wearing dark-rimmed glasses was walking. 

"Yah." 

--

Hakyeon leaned his forehead on his study table frustratingly. Unfortunately his laptop went dead in the middle of him doing a lesson plan. To make things worst, he haven't save anything yet. 

"Why am I so dumb at times?" He whined, turning his head on the side. Huffing, he leaned back on his chair then looked at the clock. 

7:00 pm. 

He stood up and decided to call it a day, he would just do it again tomorrow. He quickly fixed things on top of his table then left the faculty room quietly.

Realizing that he was the probably the only one in the school grounds at this time caused fear to creep up his system. He gulped, Why was he such a scaredy cat?!

He sighed numerous times, before making up his mind. "I'll go outside."

--

Hakyeon kept on turning his head behind to see if someone is following him from the hallway, to the quadrangle, passed the school gates where the guard frowned seeing him agitated as if he was being followed.  To his relief, the coast was always clear. Unconsciously, he let out another sigh of relief.

He finally made it to the main road. He looked behind him once more and could not be more than thankful to see that nobody is following him. He stopped at this thought, why the heck is he thinking that someone is following him?! 

"No. You're all alone, Hakyeon. Stop being ridiculous." He shook his head before lightly slapping his cheeks to get his senses back on check. 

This made him calm his nerves a little. A few moments later, he was walking comfortably along the dark alley despite him being alone, humming softly. 

Not long after, he heard foot steps behind him, following him. He paused, What the heck? He scolded his self. He shook his head and then decided to continue walking once more. 

He walked faster when he heard the footsteps still behind him and he feared to look behind him. He might end up dying if he does. He can't afford to die just yet. He still need to pass his internship and graduate with a degree. With this thought in mind, he snapped his eyes shut then walked a whole lot faster than before, the one that seems to be in the middle of running and walking. 

A yank from his hoodie made the guy stumble backwards, landing on his bottom. Extremely surprised and scared, he looked up at the one who held him back, not even caring how much his hurts. 

Hakyeon frowned when he saw a bunch of middle school girls and a much older female looking down at him. The three were wearing school uniforms and he was sure that it was from the school he is to work, starting tomorrow. As for the older girl, well, she looks like a high schooler. 

A foot stepping on his left shoulder, stopping him from standing up caught his attention. 

The girl leaned her head closer to the guy. "Oppa." She started, her lips in the process. "Buy us some food." She giggled as she pushed on his forehead using her left index finger, leaning her right elbow on her raised leg. The others laughed together with her, except the eldest in the group. 

"What the-" Hakyeon snarled only to look down when he saw the girl glaring at him. Darn, why are these kids so feisty?

"What is it?" She neared her ear at him. "Are you saying something?" She laughed again. 

Hakyeon frowned again. "First of all," he started. "Can you remove your foot at my shoulder?" He pointed at the appendage on his body. "Also, I don't like seeing heart printed so please stop raising your leg." He explained, careful not to offend the girl. The three girls from behind giggled at this, whereas the girl on top of him blushed furiously. 

"Look, I'm not tryi-"

"Yah!" 

The guy was sent on his right, after the girl landed a kick on the left side of his face. He though he would be seeing stars. 

He looked up at the group of girls, glaring cupping his left cheek. "You byuntae!" She hollered, tears pooling under her eyes. The three girls laughed heartily behind as Minha drowned in embarrassment. 

"How am I a byun-"

"Stop!" Everyone looked at Haneul who was busy glaring at the guy on the ground.

"Haneul-ah..." The shortest started but was immediately stopped by the one named ChaRin by blocking her with her arms. 

Haneul approached the lying guy, looking at him intently. When she neared him, she crouched down to be able to look at him straight in the eyes. Hakyeon's frown deepened as he accepted the staring contest from this girl. Among the girls, she looked the closest to his age, so he thought that she was their leader. She's supposed to be the mediator though. 

Hakyeon got surprised when she spread out her hand towards him, shaking it in the process, as if she was asking for alms. 

"Give us the money, and this will be all over." She spoke oh so coldly to him, and Hakyeon needed to gulp to gather his courage. 

When he didn't move and just stared at her instead, Haneul landed a hard slap across his face, studying his reaction.

"Oww..." He complained as he coughed some blood out of his mouth.

"Yah, I don't know where you came from, but this fist costs 2000 dollars everytime I use it. Don't let me use it until you owe us a million and just give us the money, oppa." She said, studying his coughing state waiting for him to do as she say. 

When he was taking long to respond, the girl pulled on his hair to make him look at her then landed another slap on his face, sending his glasses flying away from them. 

"Yah, I've use my fist twice don't make me-" but Haneul's words stuck out of   when she was met with the weak guy's fierce stare. She gulped. The way he stares at her made her stop her slap midway.

There was just something in his eyes that caught the girl off guard. She stood up suddenly and felt her heart thumping wildly against her chest. 

"Are you still going to escape?!" Minha threatened once more when she realized that Haneul doesn't plan to speak anytime soon. 

Hakyeon sat up slowly, cupping his face in the process, frowning deeply. "How..." He started, but stopped when he felt the stinging. 

"What?" ChaRin taunted. 

"Aissh, really. How am I suppose to move if you keep on hitting me?!" Hakyeon snarled at the immature kids, glaring at them. "You keep on asking for money, but kept on hitting me as well. How am I supposed to take out my wallet?!" He whined. "Cut me some slack, really." He voiced out his frustration and that made the kids stop and listen at the guy. 

"Where's my glasses?" He turned to look from side to side to search for his glasses. 

"It's on the left..." The girl with the short hair answered meekly then politely picked it up for the whining guy. 

"Here you go..." 

Hakyeon sighed frustratingly when he wore his glasses. "Wah, its totally ruined..." He complained. He turn to glare at the girls quickly, before reaching for his wallet inside his pocket. 

"What did you say?" He started counting inside his wallet. "Your fist costs 2000 dollars? I don't have that huge money. I'll give you 50 dollars instead." He reached out the money towards the frozen girl, who was looking at him as if all of her senses got knocked out of her. Minha took it from him instead.

Hakyeon groaned before standing up with much difficulty. The girls started backing away, and this made the guy laughed. 

"What's this, are you suddenly scared of me?" He turned to the frozen girl in front. "Yah, " he waved his hand in front of her, but she avoided his stare.  Strange he thought. 

--

A hand resting on her crown made Haneul snap back to her senses. She was ready to break the stranger's arm but when she looked up meet his gaze, she found herself lowering her gaze once more. 

"You have no money? If you guys don't have any money, ask your parents to give you some, or do some community work that pays." He said, looking at  each and every one of them with a smile.

"But, community works are pain in the ." ChaRin complained. This made Hakyeon focus on her. 

"Well, then. Go look for me instead. If you don't have money and you're hungry, go look for me instead. Don't go hitting people just to extort money from them, OK? I'm at Kam Ye Sun Middle School." He  said before turning to leave, leaving the group of girls shocked. 

Haneul turned to disappearing figure. What is this feeling? She thought as she reached for the spot where her heart is. 

"He's cool, isn't he?" Minha.

"Yep, he definitely is. I wonder where his house is." 

"Let's follow him some other time. What do you say, Haneul-ah?"

"Huh?" She looked at them inquiringly. "What do you think of him?" 

"Ah," she started. She looked at the Way he went. "Well..."

"Well, what?"  

"My style..."

"Huh?" 

"He was... Totally... My style." 

-📗-

A/N: I love Hakyeon's eyes too. Kkkk~ The first chapter was up, tell me your thoughts about it please. Criticisms are very much welcome for as long as they are constructive (>.<)