chapter VII

The Task of Pandora
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
07 PANDORA  

By sunset, all of them had succeeded on finishing the Queen's tasks.

Well, except Chanyeol.

Luhan had made the Queen yelp unelegantly as she was lifted up from her chair for six seconds, beating his target for just a second. Sumin noticed the Queen faked a cough when she was put back on her chair and sipped her tea quite awkwardly with a small blush.

Chen had produced electricity in both of his hands and he didn't waste any time to throw his bolts to Chanyeol, whom immediately scrambled away to avoid getting burnt. Chen smirked in satisfication, ignoring Chanyeol's complaints.

Sumin finally lifted both her two stones for awhile, and even tried to replace one of the stones with her dagger. She ignored her Energy Core which felt like screaming and begging for her to stop. She flicked upward the stone and her dagger, which she succeeded in her second try. She sent a winning look at Luhan, which made him scowl in displeasure.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol grew more and more anxious.

As the Queen and Chen had gone back to the Palace so they could clean themselves, Sumin and Luhan volunteered themselves to accompany Chanyeol. Well, Luhan was more like forced because Sumin didn't want to go back yet, and he was also bored.

Sumin stayed not because she didn't want Chanyeol to be lonely, but it was because she had this great satisfaction to her pride seeing someone else struggling while she had succeeded. Not only that, Chanyeol's various expressions were deeply amusing her, and his fire was absolutely enticing.

"I want to see my grandmother!" Chanyeol cried after his left hand only produced small cracklings of fire.

"You will if you succeed," Sumin said cooly, twirling her dagger in the air.

Her Energy Core was getting used to being exhausted, though it didn't mean she didn't feel anything. She still wanted to rest and take a sleep, but at the same time, she wanted to be stronger and prove her worth.

"Just keep imagining that you made two balls of fire in both of your hands," Luhan said impatiently, who was sitting right next to Sumin.

"That's easy for you to say!" Chanyeol yelled angrily, and opened his palms, which suddenly both of his palms had two balls of fire floating on it.

Sumin snatched her dagger and raised both her eyebrows in amusement. "Looks like you're going to see your grandmother."

"Wha ㅡ " Chanyeol looked down, and his anger was immediately replaced with surge of happiness. "I did it! I made two! Not one, but two!"

Just after he said that, his back fell to the grass in exhaustion.

"I don't think I can walk," Chanyeol muttered and groaned. "Can you send me back to my room, Luhan?"

Luhan rolled his eyes. "Of course not. I can only lift you for like, six seconds and then you'll fall down. Actually, that sounds good. Do you want to try?"

Chanyeol shook his head weakly.

In the end, Luhan and Sumin left Chanyeol alone on the field so they could clean themselves and possibly take a rest.

 

 

At dinner this time, they finally met Chanyeol's grandmother.

The opposite of Chanyeol, being the tall giant he was, the old woman was small and timid. She looked very soft, as if anyone could have broken her down easily. She was short, reaching only around Sumin's neck. She had white hair, and her hair was tied into a bun like the Queen, but way messier. Even the way she spoke was very soft, an odd contrast to the Queen's elegant but classy manner.

The old woman introduced herself as Wang Kisoom, and she was 85 years old.

Sumin expected Kisoom to be quite a cheerful lady like her grandson, but she was proved wrong. When their dinner was delivered, Kisoom didn't look surprised and stayed calm. She even knew the manner and ate after the Queen had taken her bite. Sometimes, she would chuckle and wipe Chanyeol's messy lips with her napkin from his vigorous eating.

"Thank you for having Chanyeol, my grandson, and even pay for his future education at Silverio Academy. It has been five years since he last went to school!" Kisoom cheerily said, standing up and bowing to the Queen deeply.

Queen Trithis smiled in amusement as she told her to sit down. "It's because your grandson here will be a great help to me, and I know it. Therefore, I will have to pay back what I am supposed to do, don't I?"

Kisoom merely bowed her head in gratefulness before she continued to eat and talk with Chanyeol.

Despite Kisoom's lack of hygiene, the same as the five of them were yesterday, she was the purest person Sumin had ever seen.

Sumin and Kai were tasked to accompany Kisoom to her bedroom after dinner, which was next to their room. It made Sumin think over once again why they were put in one room when obviously the Palace had many more rooms to choose for each of them.

"What are your names, dears?" Kisoom asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Lee Sumin."

"Kai."

Kisoom turned to Kai with a friendly smile. "Only Kai?"

"Yes," Kai answered curtly.

Kisoom hummed in an understanding tone, but Sumin had a feeling she didn't believe what he said.

"How old are you?" Kisoom asked, again.

"Eighteen," Sumin answered.

"So young!" Kisoom said delightedly, her eyes were closed and shaped like a crescent moon. "How about you, Kai?"

Kai didn't answer immediately, and Sumin had a strong feeling he was hesitating. He seemed to be a person who didn't like to say anything recklessly, which made him think or mull things over. It had only been two days, but it was interesting that Sumin could know when he was thinking, or just being quiet.

"Twenty," he finally replied.

"You two are so young, really. You will have a very great life ahead. I'm not quite sure what that Queen Trithis is planning with all of you, but I can only hope for the best," Kisoom said.

Sumin and Kai didn't reply to her words, so Kisoom filled the silence with her humming to an unfamiliar song.

After they delivered Kisoom to her room safe and sound, Kai immediately teleported to their room.

Sumin frowned, rolling her eyes. He was probably mocking her by showing his ability. That jerk.

 

 

The next day, they all thought they were going to learn and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter