chapter VI

The Task of Pandora
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
06 FIRST LESSON  

The next morning, after they all had changed clothes into more decent ones (Queen Trithis gave them the clothes), they went to the dining room to have breakfast. Sumin didn't forget to bring her dagger today, and she slung her dagger sheath, along with her dagger in it, around her hip. Her ponytail swished to left and right as she walked.

Kai was still a bit reluctant because of what happened last night, but his stomach had said otherwise so he went.

As the Queen had promised before, the table was already filled with rows and rows of food. They no longer served the food one by one like last night. Sumin's mouth was starting to water from the sight.

They sat on the same seats as last night, as Sumin sat as gracefully as she could so she wouldn't rip her clothes. She was wearing a white, long-sleeved shirt with the logo of the snake embroidered on her left and blue trouser. The other guys also wore the same clothes, and she wondered maybe it was because they were going to train today.

"Good morning," the Queen greeted. Today she wore a golden, long-sleeved shirt with the same logo embroidered on her left and black trouser. Her auburn hair was still in a bun, though.

The five of them greeted her back with polite head bows. Even Kai, too.

"We will immediately start your lessons after this so take all the food you want!" the Queen said.

The others didn't hesitate to pick the food they wanted. Kai was a bit hesitant, but his hunger beat his pride and he went to pick.

After waiting for the Queen to take her first bite, they immediately started to eat. Chanyeol was the fastest to eat his food, and it seemed like he forgot he was in one room with Queen Trithis. However, the Queen didn't mind and she simply chuckled.

As Sumin had expected, none of the food she picked were familiar. There weren't any Roasted Turnips nor Alows de Beef too. When she took a bite of one of the food she had chosen, she felt like she was going to heaven. She would probably have to read books about culinary starting from now.

After they had finished their delicious breakfast, the five of them followed the Queen to the back of the Palace. They were met by a large field of grass. The grasses were trimmed very neatly, as if they were trimmed everyday. Well, Sumin wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, though.

"We will begin our first lesson in here," Queen Trithis said as she faced the five. "Now, for a start, you should show me what your ability is. I need to know your progress."

Chanyeol went first. He lifted his palm up and made a ball of fire, the same as he did to Sumin yesterday. Sumin stared at the crackling fire and still thought it was beautiful.

After a while, the Queen nodded and pointed to Chen.

Chen lifted his hand and faced his palm at the grass. Suddenly, zaps of light blue electricity appeared around his fingers. The electricity shot to the grass below and obviously, it resulted with a spot of the grass being burned.

The Queen then pointed at Luhan.

Luhan's palm was facing the Queen, and once he moved his fingers, the Queen's arms were lifted up to the air. Her eyes were filled with interest and nodded too once her arms fell back down.

Next was Kai. They already knew his ability, but when Kai disappeared and left trails of light smoke, it still enthralled Sumin. He appeared right behind the Queen, before he teleported back to the same spot.

Finally, the Queen nodded at Sumin.

Sumin raised her right hand, which was trembling a little at the strength of the thing she lifted. The silver crown was lifted off from the Queen Trithis' head and immediately zoomed in to place itself on Sumin's head. It felt so right to have it on top of her. She smirked a little.

The Queen nodded. "Interesting."

As Sumin sent the crown back to the Queen's head, the Queen sent her a side look before she started to explain their lesson.

"You must have felt like you have exhausted yourself?"

None of them agreed, even Chanyeol the brightest and possibly the most honest out of them. But Queen Trithis knew and simply crossed her arms under her chest, an amused smirk was playing on her face.

"It's because you have not trained your Energy Core that much," the Queen started to explain. "Your Energy Cores are still quite small, I can see with how much you show me. Sumin, you can only lift one object. Luhan, you can only lift weak two parts of the person's body. Chanyeol, you can only form a small ball of fire, which is obviously not enough. Chen, your electricity only burned a small spot. Kai, you can only teleport in a short distance."

"But Luhan and I have been training our abilities for years!" Sumin said, defending both her and Luhan's pride.

"Yes, I can see that. However you didn't push yourself much to have that crave to be able to lift more than one thing. You will definitely be defeated if you are too lazy."

Sumin didn't object, but she felt her cheeks were burning in shame and embarrassment.

"Every Magives will have an Energy Core inside them once they were born," Queen Trithis said. "The only way to make your Energy Cores get used to the amount you want to use your ability is to exhaust it.

"An Energy Core has a beautiful connection to your brain. You need to imagine and force yourself to the fullest to do it. You must train yourself until your Energy Core is tired, until then your lesson will stop."

Chanyeol frowned, and the rest started to follow once they understood her words. So she wanted them to exhaust their Energy Cores and she didn't want them to rest?

The Queen smiled, of course because she had read their minds.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter