chapter XIV

The Task of Pandora
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
14 ARRIVAL AT SILVERIO ACADEMY  

Last night was kind of odd. Sumin returned to her room and found out Kai was not on his bed. It was suspicious, but she was also glad he was not there to see her swollen eyes and red nose.

Then, morning came.

After taking a bath and preparing herself with the given clothes from the servants, Sumin took her trunk and went to the dining room to have breakfast. Kai's trunk was already gone from his bed, which indicated that he had taken it and disappeared.

Odd.

"Morning, Sumin!"

Sumin turned around over that cheery voice, and met Chanyeol with his big smile. She could see the bags underneath his eyes, though. If she didn't pay attention, she knew she would be fooled by his special, bright smile.

"Morning," Sumin replied with a small smile.

"Sorry for making a scene yesterday. Just got too emotional," Chanyeol said, clearing his throat awkwardly.

"Understandable," Sumin said, smirking mischievously at him. But inside, her heart broke once more at the thought of Kisoom and the possibility that Kisoom would be gone as soon as they stepped into the carriage.

It was a good thing that she was good at faking an expression.

"But hey! Grandma promised to send me with lots, lots of letters at the Academy! She's still sleeping soundly last time I checked, so I don't want to wake her after what happened last night," Chanyeol said as they walked side by side.

Her stomach churned nervously at Kisoom's lies again, casting a sad look for a second at Chanyeol. Sumin really wanted to tell this at least to someone else because the pressure was overbearing her. Also that innocent smile from Chanyeol, was another weight to her shoulders.

Instead, Sumin lied too. "That's nice."

"Where have you been though? Luhan told the Queen you were probably having those menstrual cramps again," Chanyeol said as his smile dropped and was replaced with a worried expression.

"Ah, no. I just suddenly had a bad stomachache so I needed to take a long time at the bathroom. But I'm okay now," Sumin said with a reassuring, small smile.

Chanyeol brightened up at her response as they entered the dining room.

After all the five of them sat on their seats and their meals delivered to each of them, the Queen stood up as she raised her goblet with that familiar twinkle beside her eyes. Soon enough, the rest followed suit with their own goblets.

"To the day the task has finally come, to the day five special Magives finally come to Silverio Academy. To Pandoras!" Queen Trithis bellowed sternly.

"Pandoras!"

After gulping down their drinks, they sat down again and started to eat. Sumin glanced at Kai, which surprised her when she found out that he had already stared at her. But instead of a raised eyebrow or a smirk from him, Kai looked away and ignored her.

Sumin frowned.

After breakfast, they were soon ushered to the outside of the Palace, toward the grand carriage they were going to go with. Their trunks were carried by the servants, and neither of them protested.

As they walked along the wide garden, Sumin couldn't help the familiar feeling to capture her again. She once walked along this path to the Palace for the first time ever; but now, she was heading out after being prepared for a year to do their special task.

Suddenly, the thought of Kisoom struck her mind like a lightning. She felt her chest tightened slightly in pain. She couldn't do anything to protect Kisoom and they both knew it would be a foolish move to decline this task just for old Kisoom. Kisoom wouldn't have liked that idea either.

Sumin glanced at Chanyeol, pursing her lips instinctively. She didn't have the heart to tell him at the moment, but she hoped her heart would be ready in the future. She knew she would.

"Pegasus!"

Sumin snapped out of her thoughts by Chanyeol's shout and looked forward to their big carriage. was opened automatically in surprise at what were in front of their sight.

There were six white Pegasus at the front of a black 'coach' carriage, with their manes in gold colour. Their wings were wide and clean, which made Sumin's hand twitch. She really wanted to caress their wings, feeling those soft feathers trailing under her own very palms.

One of the Pegasus looked at her straight in the eyes and suddenly Sumin felt a little jolt in her chest. She turned around to Chen, frowning at him in accusation. Chen didn't look back at her, however. Instead, he stared at the majestic winged horses with interest.

Sumin stared back at the Pegasus, then it whinnied quietly in response.

"Did you just have a Bond with that Pegasus, Ms. Lee?"

Sumin whipped her head to the left, facing Julius with his ever polite smile. He stared at her for a moment before looking to the front at the Pegasus, whom was still staring at Sumin. "I can see he has Bonded with you, Ms. Lee. Somehow, you have taken his interest and the both of you have a special connection with each other."

"Special connection?" Sumin asked.

"A Pegasus or a Pegasi is a very loyal being, Ms. Lee. They will choose one person to connect a special Bond, and to that only person will they serve. They will always come to aid the person they connect with, whenever the person asks. They will only Bond with one person forever," Julius explained gently, with a rather proud smile as he watched the group of Pegasus.

Sumin set her gaze back at the supposedly her Pegasus, and she started to like that idea as it processed down her thought. She really needed to search more about Pegasus at the Academy. She was sure there would be some books there to read about mythical creatures.

"Can I touch them?" Chanyeol asked, pleading to the Queen with his eyes.

Queen Trithis smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes. "That would only delay your time, and you know we must not waste time."

Chanyeol pouted, crossing his arms childishly.

Finally, the five of them entered the "coach" carriage with their trunks safely in. They looked over the window, waving their hands politely at the Queen and Julius.

"I bid you farewell, Pandoras. I will be waiting for you in Winter," Queen Trithis said, her eyes twinkling once more.

She glanced at Sumin for a second, before she smiled at all of them.

"She really needs to stop doing that," Luhan muttered from Sumin's right.

Queen Trithis sent a nod at the coachmen, then as she turned around along with Julius, the carriage was slowly being pulled upwards.

Sumin gripped the seat, feeling the adrenaline pumping in a rush inside her blood. She had never flown before, so she was very excited but also a little frightened; but she wouldn't ever admit that.

Finally, the carriage was flying steadily and Sumin was able to release her grip. She enjoyed the feeling of being above high in the sky, and she hoped one day she would be able to feel this again.

"If you really like the feeling, I could take you up in the air anytime you like, Princess."

Sumin straightened up her back automatically, looking around the carriage like a fool. The other four only stared at her in confusion, and a little curiosity.

"What's wrong?" Luhan asked.

Sumin decided to listen harder, but that unfamiliar voice didn't appear again. She sighed, then shook her head at Luhan. "It's nothing."

"Nothing you say? Pfft, rude!"

"Who said that?" Sumin said loudly, standing up.

"What do you mean?" Chen asked, his cat-like smile was slowly forming.

Sumin didn't reply, but then stared up ahead her, which she knew where her Pegasus was, even though she couldn't see him because she was in the carriage.

'Well', Sumin tried voicing out her opinion inside her mind quite awkwardly, 'this is very awkward. You should have warned me or at least tell me from the start that you are my Pegasus.'

"Your Pegasus, you say? Hmm, me likey, Princess."

Sumin sat back down on the seat, concentrating on the Bond to properly communicate with this mischievous Pegasus of hers. 'Since you decided to Bond with me very randomly at the morning, then yes, you are my Pegasus.'

She heard a low whiny outside from the carriage, which she assumed was her Pegasus laughing at her.

"You looked pretty and stern, so I decided to choose you! I also can see that we will have lots of fun from now on, Princess."

Sumin rolled her eyes. 'Stop calling me with that.'

"What?"

'Princess.'

"Isn't that supposed to be a compliment? I thought chicks dig those!"

'It sounds silly, so no.'

"But who cares? You are beautiful so you fit right in as a Princess!"

This Pegasus kind of reminded her with Chanyeol and Chen. He was like a combination of both, and she knew it would only mean with destruction in the end.

'Why did you even decide to do the Bond with me? We have never talked even before this.'

"Well, not quite sure. Pegasus are those kind of creatures you beings may think as a Love at First Sight kind-of creatures. Not trying to make you get creeped out, though. Most of us never Bond with the wrong people."

Sumin's eyes perked up. 'Most?'

"Yeah. My great-great-great-and many other greats uncle stupidly chose a hot Magive chick just because she was smokin' but she was actually a very weird girl! She liked to call my uncle randomly even though she wasn't in any dangerous situations. Pegasus don't like it when they are called by their Bonder with no purpose."

'Why did your uncle even choose that girl because she was hot? Also, didn't you just do the same?'

There was no response for a moment, and Sumin waited patiently. As expected, the Pegasus soon replied.

"No idea. My uncle just liked to see beautiful creatures. Also, don't just assume that I'm the same as him! I'm much better! Your face screams intelligence, so I chose you, duh."

Sumin smirked in pride hearing that compliment.

'So...how do I call you?'

"Easy, just say my name and then done!"

'What's your name,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter