The Reason

INFATUATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Sooyoung began to slowly wake up and open her heavy eyes. She still felt pain behind her neck and head, due to a sudden blow she received, without knowing who did it. Slowly, the light came in and got brighter, clarifying its vision. She opened her eyes and saw a young woman, about the same age as her, she's beautiful, with her medium blonde haired. She did not know her at all. The woman looked at her coldly, but was quite worried. Later a tall man entered the room. He looked worried too, throwing his sight straightly to Sooyoung. She who still felt pain, began to feel confused.

"I'm sorry... I really didn't mean to hit you like that." The man started the conversation. "I really hope you okay. I was panic. I thought you're one of the bad guys."
"What bad guy?" Sooyoung suddenly remembered the situation. She looked at him sharply.
"Whoa... Chill, girl. Tiffany screamed so loud. I thought you were about to hurt her."
"Yah Donghae-oppa... Can you leave both of us now?" The woman interrupted shortly.
"I'm not finished yet."
"Enough, Sooyoung. Please." The woman replied. Sooyoung was surprised that she knew her name. She had no choice but to follow.

The man named Donghae left the room, leaving Sooyoung and the unknown woman in the room.
"Who are you?" Sooyoung asked shortly.
"You. What are you doing here, Choi Sooyoung?"
"How do you know my name?"
"Can we start to reply? We're like stupid."
"I asked you first."
"My name is Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon. What are you doing here?"
"And what does supposed to mean? Do I know you?"

Taeyeon looked at her coldly. Her sharp gaze seemed to stab into Sooyoung's, making her to fall into silence for a while.
"Okay... I'm here to find for my friend... Tiffany Hwang... It seems that you and that man know her."
"What for?"
"She left just like that... I'm trying to find out."
"It's been months since she left. Then why now? Why not months ago?"
"I don't know."
"If you don't know, why are you even here?" She replied curtly. Sooyoung felt triggered.
"It's none of your business."
"Huh? You'd better leave now, stonehead."
"You know nothing about me. Who are you?"
"In fact, I know everything about you." Taeyeon, who was about to leave the room, turned back and thrown her smirk on her. "I know you, Choi Sooyoung. Born in a rich family, so popular, working at ThisPatch, stuck with your first love from the past, Jessica Jung, and played Tiffany as if she doesn't have any feeling for you. I know you well. You must be surprised now."


Sooyoung looked down. She was surprised, but all of it, hurted her a lot. Beside, it was might be true, everything she said about her. She is a coward who play safely in her comfort zone while hurting everyone around her. She is Choi Sooyoung.
"You'd better leave soon. And don't ever comeback." Taeyeon said while trying to walk out.
"Wait..."
"Yes?"
"My name... My name is Choi Sooyoung. I don't know you but yes, I am me. I'm born in a rich family, I became popular because I ignore people, I worked hard at my company because I just hate to face reality, I loved and stuck on my past even when I know the best thing to do is to let go, even from the very beginning. But I didn't, I never had this intention to hurt Tiffany... I'm just... confused. I didn't know what do I do with this all, this feeling? But several days ago I decided to get out from my safe and comfortable life to find her."
"Why?"
"Cause I believe she took half of my life when she left without any word."


Taeyeon sighed deeply and walked closer to Sooyoung. She looked very relieved. A moment later she sat facing Sooyoung and looked at her deeply. She tilted her head, watching from head to toe. Sooyoung, who was almost shed tears, stared at her in a daze. She was really confused. Didn't know what to do. Didn't know who this woman is. Didn't know where she is. And where is Tiffany?

"Is it hard to confess for you, Soo?"
"What do you mean?"
"I intentionally provoked you so you want to be honest with me."
"Wh...."
"Cause if I don't you will keep on telling me you don't know , while you know. You always know."
"Maybe you're right."
"Tiffany is my bestfriend." She said. "She texted me, telling me she met a weird stranger who seemed to know her. She was panic. I asked my boyfriend, Donghae, the man you saw just today, to find her. He found you both and as he thought -as he said, that you're a bad guy, he hit you just like that. I'm so sorry for that. He was too panic to be true, I guess."
"Why... Why she didn't recognize me?"
"Are you sure you wanna know?"
"Of course..."
"There's no way to turn back, Choi."
"Try me."


Taeyeon crossed her arms and took a deep breath.
"Retrograde amnesia. She lost all of her memories. The good. The bad." It felt like time stopped for Sooyoung but she kept listening. "A month ago, she travelled with Danny for a business trip. She accompanied him. Their car was hit by an unknown car. The car crashed and fell down a few meters down. Danny died instantly. Whereas Tiffany, who had a hard impact on her head, survived but could not remember anything. Not at all."
"Danny... Daniel Kang?"
"Yes. Her husband. You heard of it?" Sooyoung nodded hearing it. "A few months ago she suddenly returned to San Francisco. I was confused. I tried asking, but Tiffany always said she was fine. I know, she was too heartbroken to be able to tell stories. That hurt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter