A Side

INFATUATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yesterday was a tough one, but that shall pass too. Sooyoung walked to office with a better mind as she tried to change her focus now, from Jessica to her work. Back to basic. It was fair. First it feels like a karma, but it's probably just happened in life. She lost Jessica once and the fault was on her but yesterday she lost her once again, because she decided to choose somebody else. She finally accepted this conclusion that she lost her at the first place.

It was 10 am already but the desk was still empty. Sooyoung looked down and found this pink envelope with a small note, writter with the pink ink. She knew who was it.

 


'I know you've been busy lately,
I know you forgot this one,
but this is the report for project X.
Thank me later, sunbaenim!

Mushroom'
 


She tapped her forehead. She forgot this one, this particular report she had to submit today as things were getting harder for her past a week. It was clear to remember that Tiffany indeed asked if she could help her to do the reporting, but Sooyoung rejected it. She knew the junior had been through some assignments too, that's why. Sooyoung smiled. The first smile she had after everything. She looked around, wondering why Tiffany wasn't there yet, unlike the usual. She took the note attached on the envelope and put it on her pocket.

Jay and Seohyun entered the room right when Sooyoung was about to leave to a meeting room.
"Ready to present on the project X, Soo?"
"I think I need to wait for Tiffany."
"Oh. Where is she? It's unsual not to see her this hour."
"I texted her this morning but it's all pending." Seohyun added. She checked on her phone if Tiffany finally read the message. "And... It's still pending now. This is weird. She's usually always reply to my text quickly. I'm a bit worried now."
"What do you mean?"
"Oh I just think that maybe she's sick, Sooyoung sunbaenim."
"I do care about her too, but can we start it first without her? We can find her afterwards." Jay interrupted. "Sounds good, Soo? Please. All the boards are here already."
"Yeah Jay... Let's do it."

The meeting was held for an hour but it felt so long for Sooyoung. During the meeting, she sent some messages to Tiffany but same thing happened, it's all pending. Sooyoung was thinking of several possibilities. Did she feel brokenheart by Yuri? Did Jessica say something bad again to her? Or is she sick? What if she need help right now? What if, what if, what if. Right after the meeting finished, she walked out the office to reach her car. She decided to driver herself to Tiffany's house right away.

She stood in front of the door and pressed the bell. One, two, three, four... No response. She tried to knock on the door and called her name, nothing happened. It seemed that the house was empty. She checked on her phone again, still no response. Tiffany hasn't even read it yet. Sooyoung tried to think what could she possibly do and she found it hard to contact this particular name but she had no choice. She worried a little too much right now.

"Hello..."
"Kwon Yuri. It's Choi Sooyoung. Did Tiffany contact you today?"
"I texted her this morning, but it's pending. I'm about to come to her place now."
"I'm here. She's not here. The house is empty." She replied quickly. "What are you going to do with her this morning?"
"Sooyoung, chill... I know you hate just now, but I just want to get her jacket back. It was left in my car."
"I-I... I'm chill. I just want to know."
"Are you sure she's not there? Not at office as well? That's weird..."
"Yes. That's why I'm calling." She looked down a bit. "Is it because you dumped her for Jessica?"
"I think we have to talk face to face now. And let's find her together." She sighed deeper.
"Name a place. I'll be right there."


---------

 

For the very first time, Sooyoung agreed to meet and talk to Yuri privately. She thought she couldn't stand the fact she had to deal with somebody who stole her girlfriend, but she did it for Tiffany as her solicitudes were getting high and couldn't care to anything else.



"First, let's talk with a cold head. I didn't come to fight. I really appreciate you as a good person."
"Let's go straight to the point. What did you do to her?"
"Oh geez... You really think it's all about me?"
"Of course it's about you. You dated her. You dumped her now. Tiffany and me, we're just your victims."
"Are you looking for her because you both... are... victims?" Yuri smirked a little.
"She's my junior, my friend. I'm responsible for her."
"Is that the best justification you could make, Choi Sooyoung?"
"What do you mean?"
"Jessica is right... You're a stonehead, so stubborn, but the most importantly, you're so stupid, indeed."
"Is there any information you have about Tiffany so I could find her and make sure she's okay? I didn't come here to have a cup of coffee with you." Sooyoung replied so quickly. She really wanted to get out from that place. It was unclear for her on why she felt like that but it was clearly not because of Jessica. Surprisingly she was okay to hear Yuri called off Jessica's name. It was not a big deal. "Cause if you don't have any, I will need to leave now cause I have to find her."



Yuri sipped a glass of hot oksusucha in front of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter