No Air

INFATUATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was her first time to visit US alone. Back then, when she was in high school, Choi family had a vacation to New York, as a tourist, of course. San Fransisco is a beautiful city and she really had to go there someday. Tiffany told her billion times, with sparkling in her eyes. Sooyoung remember that time, when Tiffany treated her not to dare to visit San Fransisco without telling her or else, she'd be mad at her. She chuckled to herself as it was totally different by now. She wasn't sure why did she think so, but Sooyoung was probably the least person Tiffany want to meet. Or maybe not at all.

It took her more than 10 hours to finally arrive in San Fransisco. 8 in the night, she felt so tired as she felt a little bit jetlag. Once she arrived at the hotel, she thrown her body to the bed. For a moment, she felt the need to rest coupled with comfort and soft pillows. About 5 minutes after, She received a KakaoTalk's video call from Jessica. She was thinking what time it was in Seoul. She was clueless but picking up.

"Hello."
"Sooyoungie! Why can't I find you at office?"
"I'm taking leave, Sica... What's the matter?"
"Oh no... I was looking for you." She sounds upset. "I plan to ask you to have a lunch with me."
"You're shouting at me just because you want to have lunch with me? No. You're not cheating with me now."
"Yahhh! I'm not cheating."
"Of course I'm kidding." Sooyoung laughed. It was so good, their relationship right now. Somehow, they can rebuild their long lost friendship, after all the things happened and both feel so happy about it. "I'm sorry, Sica. What happen?"
"It's about Yuri..."
"Why do you look so worry? What is this about?"
"Let me find a safe place first."
"Well yeah... Is this serious?"
"Yes. It is." Jessica locked up the door and continued. "Remember that I told you I had a plan to visit her brother's graveyard in Busan?"
"Yes. That was supposedly... 3 days ago, right?"
"Hu uh. We went there." She looked intense. It somehow increased Sooyoung's curiousity. "It turns out Jun, her oppa, is still alive. Their father was involved in some sort secret organization or gangster group I don't really get it clear but Jun was a living witness of a murder plan."
"...of?"
"Bae Young-soo."
"What the hell... BYS as in the owner of hundreds companies in Korea? Didn't he die in a plane crash?"
"He didn't. He was killed, actually. Or let's say, it's all planned properly."
"Oh my God... Sica this is serious."
"I know. Now I'm so worry about her. Yuri knows everything now. She's so mad at her father, of course. I wouldn't know what to do if that was me. But if her father were willing to kill his own son, how about Yuri? Will he do the same? Yuri is so eager to leak everything. I really could trust nobody now. That's why I call you. You're my bestfriend. I only trust you."
"Jay."
"What's with him?"
"Jay and his partner, Daniel Lee. Back then, they worked together on that case. They found a lot of irregularities about that one. Well, they both actually went for BYS's daughter, which was a celebrity. But Jay always believe the plane crash was something beyond an accident. You may ask him for a help." Sooyoung sighed. She hated it she couldn't be there for her bestfriend, but she has this unfinished business here and she wont come home before that. "Hey... Yuri's gonna be okay. Don't worry too much. She's a strong woman, you know it. You can trust her. Just step back a little but gather everyone to help you."
"Yeah I think so. Thanks, Soo... It's really good to have you to talk to me. I was so overwhelmed."
"Please update me... Hope to be back soon to help you too. But please be careful."
"Yeah sure." Jessica looked around when Sooyoung moved to pantry to get a drink. "Wait... Where are you? Are you in a hotel?"
"I am." She walked to the window to look out.
"Where are you?"


Sooyoung switched her camera so that she could show Jessica what she was looking at right now.
"You're not in Korea???"
"I'm in San Fransisco."
"Oh dear Lord. Finally you do it." Jessica smiled widely to her bestfriend, making Sooyoung felt a bit annoyed. "Don't tell me you're not coming for Tiffany, Choi Sooyoung."
"I don't."
"Now that's the worst bull you ever told after you told everyone you did diet when we were at high school..."
"I'm coming for myself. I really need to know what's inside my head, my heart."
"Then what you're gonna do now?"
"Find her..." She switched the camera again. "Did I do something right?"
"I don't know Soo. You must try. Find her. That sounds about right to me." She looked at Sooyoung deeply. "You're still the same kid I asked to buy a bubble tea. So stubborn. But, good luck, Soo. I really hope you find whatever you want to find there."
"Thanks, Sica. It's really good to talk to you just now. Please keep me updated on everything. And be careful."
"I'm surely will do that. Okay I need to leave. I have a meeting next 15 minutes. I need to prepare. Also you looked tired. Get some rest."
"Sure. Talk to you later."
"Bye!"

 

Sooyoung sent a long message to Jay before throwing her body on the bed again. Her mind was mixed up by now. She decided to open her phone again and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter