The Fight Back

INFATUATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany traced the road back from office. It was around 11pm and she was too tired to think and sleepy. She could feel her eyes were so heavy but she had to keep walking to reach the parking lane. Last week, she decided to buy a car although Yuri wasn't quite happy with that decision. Tiffany just don't really want to rely on her, not on everything. She'd be happy to drive home by herself. Yuri was so busy lately after all. She reached into her pants' pocket but found no cellphone there. She checked on the bag, it wasn't there as well. She was extremely annoyed with how careless she is.

'Yahhhhh! I must've left my phone at office. How stupid!' She yelled at herself while dragging herself back to the office.

She entered the office, again. It was dark inside. She the light and was surprised to see Sooyoung was sleeping there, sitting in front of her laptop with her head lied down up on the table. She grabbed her cellphone and was about to leave immediately but she looked back to her. Like a fool, she walked closer to her. She looked around her desk. There were 3 cups that have been used, for coffee, a pack of cigarette and some papers on top the table. It was totally a mess.

"Sooyoung... Wake up..." Tiffany tried to wake her up. Sooyoung didn't move at all. Tiffany decided to tapped her shoulder softly but nothing happened. She could feel that this woman fell asleep so deeply, very tired. She looked down closer, tried to catch any sound as it was too quite as she started to worry now. "Hey... Sooyoung... Wake up. Let's go home." She her hair softly. Sooyoung still didn't response at all.

Right when she decided to let her sleep and leave, she felt Sooyoung's right hand grab hers. She looked up to Tiffany with her sleepy face then looked around. Sooyoung looked so confused. Looking that, Tiffany laughed a little and tapped her head softly.

"What were you dreaming of, Ms. Choi?" Tiffany chuckled. "Wake up. It's late. Let's go home."
"Why are you still here, mushroom?"

Tiffany fell silent suddenly. It's been quite a while since she heard her calling her as "mushroom". Like the usual, she kept it for herself and smiled.

"I took overtime as well. I was there at parking lane when I realized I forgot to bring my phone so I came back... and found you here."
"I'm glad to be found by you."
"Eh?" She blushed a little.
"I didn't realize it. I just fell asleep like that. Stupid."
"Oh. Let's go home then."
"Sure. Let me call taxi first."
"You don't bring your car to office?"
"Yeah... Sica drove me this morning."
"Oh..." She replied shortly, then braved herself. "Let me take you home then? I'll drive."
"May I?"
"Sure, sunbaenim." She laughed sweetly. That smile was totally stopped the world to Sooyoung as she didn't budge even a bit to see that.
"Yuri must make you happy. You smile a lot recently."
"I always smile. Like everyday."
"She's so lucky and I'm happy for you."
"I'm happy for you too." She looked deeply into Sooyoung's eyes. Later those beautiful eyes were trying to runaway, avoiding Tiffany. Sooyoung looked down, then looked around, finding something she didn't know. She was so nervous afterall. Both were heading to the parking lane and Tiffany to drive Sooyoung home this time.

 

---------

 

"This is it. That's my apartment." Sooyoung pointed outside to the tall building. "Thanks for dropping me off, Tiff." She smiled at her and went outside the car. As she walked closer to the apartment, Tiffany called her.
"Sooyoung..."
"Yes?"
"Your key!"

Sooyoung turned around. Tiffany was right in front of her, holding the key.

"You left it there."
"Thank you, mushroom." Sooyoung took the key back and their hands were touched each other. Suddenly Sooyoung held her hand and didn't let go. Tiffany was choked inside and tried to runaway but sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter