Day One

INFATUATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"WHAT? HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE, SOO? ARE YOU SURE?"
"Yeah, Sica... She's married 2 months ago with somebody named Daniel Kang. I think I have to go back to Seoul tommorow."
"I'm so sorry you have to through this... I still can't believe it. At all."
"Yeah me too..."
"Why don't you try to find her in Texas? Maybe she has her own reason."
"Why would I need it? Maybe she's happier now."
"But maybe you will let go easier after that."
"No. I don't need it."
"You really don't wanna know her reason?"
"I don't..."
"I know she loves you."
"Let's just call it an assumption now."
"Sooyoung-ah... I really sorry. Maybe if we didn't..."
"Don't be." She interrupted. "Don't say that. I just don't want to blame anyone. Not again. Things happened, people changed. I just have to move on. Life must go on. It was all my fault. I should've found her earlier. I'm a coward."
"Don't say that... You're confused."
"No. I'm stupid."
"How do you feel for her actually, Soo?"
"I don't know..."
"How co...." She hasn't finished it yet but Sooyoung cut it off right away.
"She's just couldn't get away from my mind. From the day one. She's always on my mind."



Sooyoung spent some time in San Fransisco. She decided to take a night flight since all the schedules were full that time. After a long call session with Jessica, she decided to follow Jessica's advise. That was true. She had to loosen up a bit. That sudden news really made her tremble but life must go on and she had to move on from this, eventhough it feels like she's being hanged without any certainty. She's so devastated. The next advise was to have some relax time there, in US. Last night Sooyoung found out that one of her good friends since high school, Jessica's friend as well, Stella Kim lives in Seattle. It was 2 hours long flight to go and around 6 pm, Sooyoung was prepared on the flight. Maybe Seattle could heal a little. Just maybe.

Sooyoung entered the airport main gate when a familiar voice called her from distance. It was getting closer.

"Sooyoung!"
"Hey... Wendy. We meet again." She smiled warmly.
"Yeah... Are you going back to Seoul today?" She looked sad.
"Actually I'll be going to Seattle today. I'll visit my high school friend there. Also I heard it's a great city to spend time."
"Yes! It is. Been there couple times and it was great." Suddenly she look excited. "How are you today?"
"I'm okay. As you can see."
"I can see that..."
"Where are you going?"
"I'm going to Portland, visiting my dad. I live here with my mom. Since they decided to do a divorce, I visit my dad sometimes there. He's a detective, working at the Police Department. I should've left this morning, but I should've done something first..."
"I see.. Sounds like a cool dad, huh?"
"Haha! He is indeed. You should visit Portland someday. The city is good... to heal."
"Thanks! Will try that on the next occassion."
"Surely do... It's nice to see you again. Have a safe flight then!"
"You too, Wendy. Safe flight!"


Wendy waved her hand while Sooyoung moved to queue on the line. Sooyoung looked straight and empty, as she didn't feel any interest to look at anything or anyone else that time. Passing several steps, she finally reached the boarding session. She dropped her body in the comfortable executive cabin seat and decided to spend time watching movies during the flight. In the first hour, the flight was fine until the plane experienced several turbulence. The last turbulence was so bad that Sooyoung decided to unplug her earphones and check on the surrounding. She started to worry as she saw some people started to worry on what was happened. Everything was blurred until the pilot gave the information.

 


"Ladies and gentlemen... We apologize asthe bad weather at this time makes us experience some disturbing turbulence. We got a report that there might minor damages to the aircraft system and decided to land this plane at the nearest airport, Portland International Airport. You can make additional flights from there by contacting our staffs at the local airport. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience that you feel at this time."
 


'Oh Lord... Why does this happen to me?' Sooyoung murmured. She wished nothing but just to land safely in Portland. It was a bad experience already as she really hates flight turbulence and the worst part is, she was alone there. She tried to kick out any negative thought about plane crash or anything but it wont cover her frightened face at that time.

The plane was successfully landed in Portland and there's a lot of crowd inside that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter