Too Late

Life of a Girl in a Nutshell

Hi, okie here is chapter 2!! Hope you readers will like it and leave your comments and I'll try and add another chapter soon for now here is chapter 2.

I never said I liked you.

His words rang in Sandara’s ears as she walked towards her next class. English.

She liked English.

She was good at it and she liked her teacher Park Jiyeon.

She was a great teacher and she allowed the students to call her Gummy.

In English too, she sat on her own.

Sandara would usually have her sketch pad with her, where she would just doodle or design something, anything, she just loved designing. She had designed clothes to buildings. She had even come up with a whole new plan for the school but of course the design would never be considered by the principle of the school, Yang Hyunsuk.

Gummy wouldn’t mind her just sitting here drawing because she had high grades in English and she did all the work.

As she was finishing one of her designs, the person who sat in front of her turned around and smiled at her.

Dara shyly smiled back.

“Hi” he said.

“Hi Youngbae” she replied as she put her sketch book down.

“Can I take a look” he asked her politely.

Sandara nodded and handed it to him.

She watched as Youngbae flipped through the book, his expression changing every now and then, which Sandara thought was a good thing.

“These are amazing” he said as he handed the book back to her.

“Thank you” she said shyly.

This was probably the second longest conversation she had ever had with a student in YG High. The first being the one this morning in Science with Jiyong.

Sandara smiled automatically at the thought of Ji Young.

“Mr. Dong Youngbae, I’m sure you haven’t finished your work” Gummy said and Youngbae faced towards the front and got back to his work.

“What about you Miss. Park Sandara?”

“Yes, I have”

“I thought so, at least someone had finished their work before deciding to talk to the person nearby” Gummy said mostly aiming her words towards Youngbae.

Sandara smiled. She remembered, every English lesson, or any other lesson she had with Youngbae, he would at least say hi to her. She was happy that at least she wasn’t invisible to everyone.

Sandara was so glad to get out of science and she was even happier to be out of school.

She dragged her brother to the park with her.

“Noona! I have homework! Sanghyun protested.

“I’ll help you when we get home” Sandara said cheerfully as she rode towards the park.

“You better” Sanghyun muttered to himself and followed his sister.

The two were messing around on their boards while doing random tricks and sowing off to each other.

Sandara would do the Ollie and Sanghyun would challenge that by doing the Kick Flips. The two siblings would spend their evening doing so in the park.

After a range of showing off what they could on their boards, Sandara took on Sanghyun on a skate boarding race.

They both rode their boards as fast as they could. Sanghyun was winning. He tuned to look at his sister and make faces at her while giving Sandara a chance to catch up. Sanghyun was still distracted as he was still facing backwards as he rode forward.

“Sanghyun, look out!” Dara cried out to him.

“Haha, like I’ll fall for that” he said and looked forward to see a guy walking straight towards him with his eyes glued to his phone’s screen.

Too late.